• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seabean.... It's me the haunt. When u say 3257 and the other 2 are closer to flying fish, do u mean above the seashore sweets sign or are u not sure? Looks like the bakery and seashore sweets layout is same. I almost think its the middle room above seashore sweets. I saw a post somewhere on here with pic of 3259 and I believe it was room on right.

blushblush, I'm not sure where the deluxe rooms x255 & x257 exactly are, as we've only stayed in the other ones above the bakery.

Does anyone else know if they're directly above the Seashore sweets? Or post a picture that we can point to?

The IPO for BWI is located over at the BC/YC. The CR IPO is located at GF. This isn't directly related, but we just returned from WL/CL and in the past when you would call the club level from your room, you would be speaking to an onsite concierge on the CL floor, but this visit when I called, I was connected to the generic call center in another part of FL like when you call the resort's "front desk." Maybe the line was busy so it automatically went to the call center, IDK.

I'm going to post this to the Deluxe room section. Thank you.

I know someone posted the link, but I just want you to know that I have a hyperlink in Post #1 to the current BWI/BWV activity calendar, should you need it again.

Great choice for F&W and I'd be happy to add you, Sheila!

I noticed the answer in yesterday's edition, too and wondered if it would end up "controversial":rolleyes1

I'll post your dates to the BB, Sandy.

ETA: Are you CL or are you BWV?

Thanks KOOK :)

I was wondering if anyone else has seen a cat at the BWI quiet pool? We were shocked to see the little guy there one day at the end of July. He was trying to climb a tree and then he saw us and ran.

And there's also a duck who can't quack that lives there too. She was so sweet.

We were there last week and didn't see a cat. There was a duck at the pool just about everytime we went there. It was a friendly duck who didn't seem to mind people. She only swam in the early morning. We only used the BWI quiet pool; never got over to the feature pool -- except to walk through that area to walk to DHS.

Seabean.... It's me the haunt. When u say 3257 and the other 2 are closer to flying fish, do u mean above the seashore sweets sign or are u not sure? Looks like the bakery and seashore sweets layout is same. I almost think its the middle room above seashore sweets. I saw a post somewhere on here with pic of 3259 and I believe it was room on right.

blushblush, I'm not sure where the deluxe rooms x255 & x257 exactly are, as we've only stayed in the other ones above the bakery.

Does anyone else know if they're directly above the Seashore sweets? Or post a picture that we can point to?

We have been in 3257 2 or 3 times. It is the middle balcony over Seashore Sweets. Its an awesome room. Its only 10 feet from the stairway that takes you up to the 4th floor CL entrance.

Iowa Hawkeye... Thank you so much!!!! That is kind of where I puzzled the pieces of all the threads and pics people posted. Really appreciate it. There's 6 of us (2 adults, 4 kids ages 4, 6, 8,10) so some of us will be hanging out on that balcony people watching. They must have recommended that because its close to stairway. I was hoping somebody would read the thread and recognize room. Hopefully we will get it as its on the "notes" on reservation. Does anybody know if noting a room really helps? Thanks again :)

Iowa Hawkeye...when I look at the seashore sweets sign online (say I'm standing on boardwalk), you mean the middle balcony RIGHT above seashore sweets sign and not that top
Floor 2 up from the seashore sign right? I'm only asking because it only looks like 3 levels and the balcony right above sweet sign looks like floor 2 and not 3 but I'm pretty sure you are talking about right above sign with larger balcony. If that's the room, I'll post a picture when we get back if we get room!

We will be driving down in October. Can anyone tell me how the self parking is at the BWI? It is great at the WL, but was a challenge at the Poly.

I'm going there Deluxe Club Level also end of August. I said I want a LARGE balcony. do not care about being close to Innkeeper's Room. They recommended room 3257 but I have called them MANY times and still can't place where it is...they said it is between Flying fish and sweet shop??? I said "is it right ABOVE sweet shop?" They said no...in between...What does that mean???? Help!!!!! Anybody know where room 3257 is?? I think above bakery sounds great!!

We just returned from Deluxe CL room 3255 - right aside of 3257 & yes it is DIRECTLY ABOVE Seashore Sweets, with a large balcony. The Deluxe rooms on the 3rd floor have the large balcony, the ones on the 4th floor do not. There is a set of stairs RIGHT there in the hallway as well that takes you directly to the Innkeepers Club, so nice!

We just returned from Deluxe CL room 3255 - right aside of 3257 & yes it is DIRECTLY ABOVE Seashore Sweets, with a large balcony. The Deluxe rooms on the 3rd floor have the large balcony, the ones on the 4th floor do not. There is a set of stairs RIGHT there in the hallway as well that takes you directly to the Innkeepers Club, so nice!

Hi TaraPA, Could you post a bit about the breakfast and evening CL offerings when you were there? Just some highlights would be very helpful. Thanks!:goodvibes

Just back...ahhhh so homesick for BWI!! I hate this 1st day home.....so much to catch up on to get back to reality.

DS13 was super surprised, he thought we were going to Perkins for his birthday breakfast after we dropped DH at the airport for work.

Room was great, 3255 Deluxe CL. I had requested "above Seashore Sweets" to be closer to the elevators. BWI really needs to get another set of elevators or stairs at the far end of the resort! We were right by the stairs to the lounge though, so that was a plus. The food in the lounge was very good, we all agreed better than BC CL and comparable to WL CL, with BW CL having the slight edge. DS16 used the gym every day, and we used the quiet pools (both Inn & Villas side) more than the main one. BW was GORGEOUS as usual. Still right up there as one of my faves!

Parks were very full compared to what we're used to. That combined with the heat & humidity made us all agree never again in August! We did all the evening EMH & there were long waits right up til closing. We're used to evening EMH having walk-ons near the end.

This was the 1st trip that we really were unlucky with the buses. "Approximately every 20 minutes" equated to "every 20-40 minutes!" It wasn't just at BW, it was everywhere.

We did BB one day, and I will never do a water park again. We got there at 9:30am & had to search 20 min. to find 2 chairs together, nowhere near the attractions. It was probably jam packed because of the heat. 45-60 min. waits for everything, in the full sun, just did me in. 20 min. wait for a tube for the lazy river which was a total chaotic traffic jam - wasn't even moving it was so over-full. Someone took one of our 2 chairs (that we were sharing between 4 ppl) - even with our things on it. Also I didn't know they do not provide free towels there - this was news to me. Be sure to take your own or take cash to "rent" them.

We moved to CSR Business Class for our last 2 nights & were so homesick for BWI. I love CSR but next time will not do that after BWI! There was no BB offer in either room.

Off to the mounds of laundry, mail, phone messages, emails, etc.......

Just back...ahhhh so homesick for BWI!! I hate this 1st day home.....so much to catch up on to get back to reality.

DS13 was super surprised, he thought we were going to Perkins for his birthday breakfast after we dropped DH at the airport for work.

Room was great, 3255 Deluxe CL. I had requested "above Seashore Sweets" to be closer to the elevators. BWI really needs to get another set of elevators or stairs at the far end of the resort! We were right by the stairs to the lounge though, so that was a plus. The food in the lounge was very good, we all agreed better than BC CL and comparable to WL CL, with BW CL having the slight edge. DS16 used the gym every day, and we used the quiet pools (both Inn & Villas side) more than the main one. BW was GORGEOUS as usual. Still right up there as one of my faves!

Parks were very full compared to what we're used to. That combined with the heat & humidity made us all agree never again in August! We did all the evening EMH & there were long waits right up til closing. We're used to evening EMH having walk-ons near the end.

This was the 1st trip that we really were unlucky with the buses. "Approximately every 20 minutes" equated to "every 20-40 minutes!" It wasn't just at BW, it was everywhere.

We did BB one day, and I will never do a water park again. We got there at 9:30am & had to search 20 min. to find 2 chairs together, nowhere near the attractions. It was probably jam packed because of the heat. 45-60 min. waits for everything, in the full sun, just did me in. 20 min. wait for a tube for the lazy river which was a total chaotic traffic jam - wasn't even moving it was so over-full. Someone took one of our 2 chairs (that we were sharing between 4 ppl) - even with our things on it. Also I didn't know they do not provide free towels there - this was news to me. Be sure to take your own or take cash to "rent" them.

We moved to CSR Business Class for our last 2 nights & were so homesick for BWI. I love CSR but next time will not do that after BWI! There was no BB offer in either room.

Thanks for posting a review. Good to hear you were pleased with CL at BWI, Nov will be our 1st time staying CL at BWI although we know we love the resort after staying there previously 2x last year.

Hi TaraPA,
I'm sorry we never saw you when our trips overlapped. I haven't done a decent trip review like you, but I wanted to chime in. We also were not terribly pleased with the bus service. For the most part, it wasn't too bad, but it would be 20 minute waits. On our last morning, we went to TL and for the ride back, we waited 45 minutes. Very frustrating when you're trying to cram in a lot of fun your last day.

With respect to the water parks, we always do them multiple days when we go in the summer. You have to be there for opening to be able to do the slides, etc. On our 8 day visit, we went to one of the water parks 5 of those days and had a great time. We just get a locker and shove our stuff in, then we're off to do the attractions. I never get a beach chair -- for us, there is too much to do to sit around. Of course, if we get there for opening, we're usually done and on our way by noon or even before. If we go in the late part of the afternoon, people have left or are leaving. Anyway, I know you didn't have fun, but I didn't want others to be too discouraged about the water parks.

BWI was FABULOUS. We were on the 5th floor with a garden view. Just lovely. Our housekeeper was great. I had to ask that the clothesline over the tub be fixed a few times, but that was maintenance's fault, not housekeeping. They had installed the hook end upside down, so the line couldn't catch. Swimming every day -- we needed that line!

We also liked the improved Bakery a lot. The Salmon Sandwich was excellent as were the sweets. I wasn't a big fan of the lobster roll, but we gave it a try.

Hi TaraPA, Could you post a bit about the breakfast and evening CL offerings when you were there? Just some highlights would be very helpful. Thanks!:goodvibes

Breakfast was fresh fruit - the same every day - whole apples, bananas & oranges, red grapes, cut up cantaloupe & honeydew. I would have loved to see some variety in this, or at least strawberries with it, but it was fine. Bagels, hard boiled eggs, some sort of pastry (rotated between awesome cheese Danish & small cinnamon rolls), cereals, hot oatmeal with toppings, yogurt...I'm sure I'm forgetting something!

Snacks were yogurt covered pretzels, cheddar cheese goldfish crackers, chocolate covered almonds & raisins, trail mix, 2 kinds of cookies & those thick chips.

Appetizers were really good - a few salads, always cheese, crackers, veggies, dips & hummus, spinach puff pastries, BBQ chicken on skewers, meatballs, etc. The one difference I noticed between BWI CL & the others is that they didn't have any of the food labeled as to what they were.

Dessert were these incredible magic cookie bars made into mini cupcakes, little cakes & pastries, chocolate rice krispie candy & cookies.

There is no bottled water, only the Pelligrino large glass decanters.

Hope that helps!

Breakfast was fresh fruit - the same every day - whole apples, bananas & oranges, red grapes, cut up cantaloupe & honeydew. I would have loved to see some variety in this, or at least strawberries with it, but it was fine. Bagels, hard boiled eggs, some sort of pastry (rotated between awesome cheese Danish & small cinnamon rolls), cereals, hot oatmeal with toppings, yogurt...I'm sure I'm forgetting something!

Snacks were yogurt covered pretzels, cheddar cheese goldfish crackers, chocolate covered almonds & raisins, trail mix, 2 kinds of cookies & those thick chips.

Appetizers were really good - a few salads, always cheese, crackers, veggies, dips & hummus, spinach puff pastries, BBQ chicken on skewers, meatballs, etc. The one difference I noticed between BWI CL & the others is that they didn't have any of the food labeled as to what they were.

Dessert were these incredible magic cookie bars made into mini cupcakes, little cakes & pastries, chocolate rice krispie candy & cookies.

There is no bottled water, only the Pelligrino large glass decanters.

Hope that helps!

Thank you! Also thanks for your review, both much appreciated!:goodvibes

With respect to the water parks, we always do them multiple days when we go in the summer. You have to be there for opening to be able to do the slides, etc. On our 8 day visit, we went to one of the water parks 5 of those days and had a great time. We just get a locker and shove our stuff in, then we're off to do the attractions. I never get a beach chair -- for us, there is too much to do to sit around. Of course, if we get there for opening, we're usually done and on our way by noon or even before. If we go in the late part of the afternoon, people have left or are leaving. Anyway, I know you didn't have fun, but I didn't want others to be too discouraged about the water parks.

Hi Sandi
We want to hit the waterparks for the first time this trip. Thanks for the feedback - I'll just plan on renting a locker! Which of the two waterparks do you prefer? Which one has the easiest transportation back and forth with BWI? Does BB share a bus route with AK? and TL with DTD? do I remember that right?

Hi Sandi
We want to hit the waterparks for the first time this trip. Thanks for the feedback - I'll just plan on renting a locker! Which of the two waterparks do you prefer? Which one has the easiest transportation back and forth with BWI? Does BB share a bus route with AK? and TL with DTD? do I remember that right?

You are correct on the bus routes. I'd also love to hear some tips on water parks since obviously we did it wrong! We did plan to get there at 9am opening but waited 20 min for a bus & then we had old tickets from 2001 that wouldn't scan so after waiting in line to get in, we had to go get at the end of the very long Guest Relations line! So it was 9:35 til we got in to start looking for a chair. I also agree you wouldn't need chairs if you're doing the attractions all day. I don't like water park attractions so I did sit for awhile. Question - why no straws at BB? I bought a root beer float & when I asked about a straw they said they aren't allowed to have them. It wasn't easy to enjoy a float without one lol!

We left around 2:45pm & a lot of people were leaving...I think next time I'd go later in the day - maybe 4pm til closing.

WDWKOOK said:
I'll post your dates to the BB, Sandy.

ETA: Are you CL or are you BWV?

BWV. We had owned 50 points (OKW was our original home resort) realized we'd be spending most of our time at BWV and that 50 was not enough, so last year we bought an additional 100 on the Fantasy. Best thing we ever did.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

tsme said:
We received our Magical Express envelope!! Yay!!:dumbo::woohoo:

I know that feeling. We got its the other day for our upcoming trip.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter