• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were staying in a 1 br villa, pool view, what kind of room request would you make to hopefully maximize your view?

I talked to about 4 different people over there. They all had a different opinion slightly. But I never thought I was bothering them. They were really trying to help. I really believe that is best number to call.

HI! We stayed at AoA and BWI last year. We're staying BWV 1 br this year.
At AoA there are 3 sleeping areas - not sure if your 3 adults each need their own bed. There are also 2 full bathrooms. Huge foodcourt with decent food. Those are the big pluses on the AoA side. Now the Boardwalk side I think has a lot more!
Proximity to 2 parks - walk to Epcot and DHS. LOVE the IG entrance to Epcot I love walking through the UK on our way to Soarin!
Take a Friendship boat home from DHS - such a nice way to end the day!
Boardwalk Entertainment at Night - love strolling the Boardwalk and shopping.
So many nice TS restaurants.
BWV 1 br - FULL Kitchen - you won't need the food court when you can make your own breakfast and you save a little money!

Hope that helps!:cheer2:

Thank you so much for the response, much appreciated! :cheer2::thumbsup2
We were not able to rent points for any dvc at all. Completely booked for the week we wanted so its official we are staying at AoA. Look forward to seeing it since I alway was a value person until I got spoiled. lol Going to plan ahead next trip. You are so nice to take the time to respond Thanks again

If you were staying in a 1 br villa, pool view, what kind of room request would you make to hopefully maximize your view?

maximize your view - do you mean see more 'stuff'? I would request a higher floor. Not too many choices when you are doing online check in but if you are calling you might want to ask for luna park or quiet - depending on your preference. I think the quiet pool area has prettier views - the canal, Tower of Terror :D

Thank you so much for the response, much appreciated! :cheer2::thumbsup2
We were not able to rent points for any dvc at all. Completely booked for the week we wanted so its official we are staying at AoA. Look forward to seeing it since I alway was a value person until I got spoiled. lol Going to plan ahead next trip. You are so nice to take the time to respond Thanks again

you're welcome! Enjoy AoA! It is such a fun resort!

There are only 10 Deluxe Rooms
5 on the 3rd Floor and 5 on the 4th Floor
3225, 3227, 3229, 4225, 4227, 4229 - all above the Bakery
3255, 3257, 4255, 4257 - all closer to Flying Fish

Thanks CrazyHakim - I should also mention that if you're facing Crescent lake, the ordering of the rooms goes like this L to R:

x257 -> x255 -------------> x229 -> x227 -> x225

IIRC, 4257 is closest to the Innkeepers desk, 4229 is closest to the lounge.

I want to officially :welcome: all the new BWI/BWV posters we've had the past couple of weeks. I was at WDW and fell way behind posting, so thank you to all who faithfully answered questions. If your question wasn't answered and/or your name/dates did not get posted to the BoardWalk Bulletin on the first page, please re-post and I will try to answer your question and/or post your dates.

So as not to experience as much post-Disney vacation withdrawal, I booked WL for Christmas today:goodvibes, but I do plan on getting over to BWI/BWV to take Christmas photos:)

Seabean.... It's me the haunt. When u say 3257 and the other 2 are closer to flying fish, do u mean above the seashore sweets sign or are u not sure? Looks like the bakery and seashore sweets layout is same. I almost think its the middle room above seashore sweets. I saw a post somewhere on here with pic of 3259 and I believe it was room on right.

Where is this movie under the stars located? And where is community hall. Looks like some great happenings to keep 4 children busy.

I want to officially :welcome: all the new BWI/BWV posters we've had the past couple of weeks. I was at WDW and fell way behind posting, so thank you to all who faithfully answered questions. If your question wasn't answered and/or your name/dates did not get posted to the BoardWalk Bulletin on the first page, please re-post and I will try to answer your question and/or post your dates.

So as not to experience as much post-Disney vacation withdrawal, I booked WL for Christmas today:goodvibes, but I do plan on getting over to BWI/BWV to take Christmas photos:)

KOOK :welcome: Home :banana: We decided to head back to BWI rather than the Poly in November. You can add us to the list Nov 3-8 very excited for our first stay at the Innkeepers Club. We debated about upgradeing to WL CL or BWI CL but since our main focus is F&W we went with BWI :cloud9:

Where is this movie under the stars located? And where is community hall. Looks like some great happenings to keep 4 children busy.

The movie under the stars is by community hall. Which is by the quiet pool on the Villas side.

If you look at the map of the resort you'll see Luna Park and then the quiet pool is on the same side just a bit closer to DHS and away from the shops on the Boardwalk.

Kook - http we're going in 35 days ago and will be there in room 9/17 (our anniversary) until we cruise on the 21st and then back for two days and the F&W on the 28th.

We're back in January from the 22nd to the 27th.

Btw, did anybody see the Mousy Boggler in last week's All Ears newsletter? The answer was very Boardwalk related and I laughed when I read the clues.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards

Honestly the actual "club " level desk at the BW was helpful but the actual club level planners were great (they are actually situated at Grand Floridian she said).

The IPO for BWI is located over at the BC/YC. The CR IPO is located at GF. This isn't directly related, but we just returned from WL/CL and in the past when you would call the club level from your room, you would be speaking to an onsite concierge on the CL floor, but this visit when I called, I was connected to the generic call center in another part of FL like when you call the resort's "front desk." Maybe the line was busy so it automatically went to the call center, IDK.

There are only 10 Deluxe Rooms
5 on the 3rd Floor and 5 on the 4th Floor
3225, 3227, 3229, 4225, 4227, 4229 - all above the Bakery
3255, 3257, 4255, 4257 - all closer to Flying Fish
I'm going to post this to the Deluxe room section. Thank you.

can you tell me where to find a list of activities in the community hall?

Thanks!
I know someone posted the link, but I just want you to know that I have a hyperlink in Post #1 to the current BWI/BWV activity calendar, should you need it again.

KOOK :welcome: Home :banana: We decided to head back to BWI rather than the Poly in November. You can add us to the list Nov 3-8 very excited for our first stay at the Innkeepers Club. We debated about upgradeing to WL CL or BWI CL but since our main focus is F&W we went with BWI :cloud9:
Great choice for F&W and I'd be happy to add you, Sheila!

Kook - http we're going in 35 days ago and will be there in room 9/17 (our anniversary) until we cruise on the 21st and then back for two days and the F&W on the 28th.

We're back in January from the 22nd to the 27th.

Btw, did anybody see the Mousy Boggler in last week's All Ears newsletter? The answer was very Boardwalk related and I laughed when I read the clues.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using DISBoards
I noticed the answer in yesterday's edition, too and wondered if it would end up "controversial":rolleyes1

I'll post your dates to the BB, Sandy.

ETA: Are you CL or are you BWV?

I was wondering if anyone else has seen a cat at the BWI quiet pool? We were shocked to see the little guy there one day at the end of July. He was trying to climb a tree and then he saw us and ran.

And there's also a duck who can't quack that lives there too. She was so sweet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter