(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who is going to be the first trip in our new BOARDWALK BULLETIN?! The BOARDWALK BULLETIN is at the end of Post #1 and is where I'll record your WDW resort (it doesn't have to be BWI/BWV) and dates. I will use magical erasing ink for known resort changers...

Hooray for a new thread!!
Thank you for all your hard work, Kook!

I extend my heartfelt congratulations to you on being FTP, Ginny:thumbsup2. I hope you aren't allergic to strawberries...

first_place_ribbon.jpg

YAY a new thread! Looks great.

Love the BWI!! :cloud9:
There's no shame in #2 - woohoo! I'm glad you like your new thread.

WOW - great work on the new thread KOOK! You know how much we love BWI, and it's wonderful to see all these photos and information so well organized. YAY!
And, third place goes to......the one who has the most photos in the DINING portion of this thread:worship:. Thank you for your kind comments.

Thanks for the new thread and the memories. It's a lot of fun going thru the first page and seeing all the pictures - don't get to do that often.
I like the subtle Bob Hope reference;). Welcome back to Crescent Lake.

Nice to see you again:)

Thanks for the new thread looks great!
Thank you, Lisa!

Well said, ditto!!! Great job as always Kook. I still think the Disney Marketing department should give you a call.

One thing from the first post -- isn't valet up to $15 now?
YES! We have a winner! Thank you for pointing out my soooooo 2012:rolleyes2 valet rate information:blush:. I've updated the amount, with tax:teacher:

Subscribing
Welcome back!

Subscribing to our favorite resort! Even though we can't afford it now. WL will have to suffice.
WL?! No problem, I have a thread for that:hyper:

Yay new thread! I'm so excited to stay at BWI for the first time. The more pictures I see, the more giddy I get. It's just so beautiful!
I know just what you mean about those resort photos, they really get you excited.

Subscribing! Home resort :)
Welcome HOME!

Welcome HOME to you, too!

Sorry I'm late for the party...going to start from the beginning and I will not change from cr...will not change :hug:
Fashionably late:snooty:, no problem:hug:. See you over on Bay Lake:boat:

yay looks awesome as always WDWKOOK!

59 days & counting!!!
:wave:
Thank you, but you know you love them all:rotfl:

Fantastic New Thread! Great Job KOOK Looking at all the pictures has me wondering if I too might miss the BoardWalk? Second thinking the Poly at the moment.
Awww, thank you, Sheila. I hear there's a thread dedicated to resort changers:rolleyes1

I am following this thread - I will be there in September!!!
September will be here before you know it!

Kook, beautiful job as always! Consise, informative, organized with attention to detail, love all the info links ...a great job, you never fail to deliver!
Aw shucks, thank you, Janet:blush:. It's an honor to have the POP PRINCESS THREAD HOSTESS WITH THE MOSTESS stop by:hug:

Yay!!! A new BW thread. Thank you Kook for a job well done.
You're welcome and I'm glad you like it.

looks great! 89 days!!!

Well, the resort speaks for itself:thumbsup2

I need to join this thread. Just booked our trip and the BC wasn't available with the pin code we have. We have to stay at the Boardwalk instead.
I need all of you BW lovers to sell me on staying there.

I have two children ages 12 and 6 who love the BC pool and we all use our mugs. So the idea of no inside mug filler upper thingy is driving me nuts.
Tell me what we will love here.
Welcome, Erin. It can be hard to switch resort gears when your mind is set on something else. SAB is very popular with kids, but the Luna Park pool does have a great slide, the Keaster Coaster and there are two other quiet pools, a hot tub, as well as a water feature area near the Luna Park pool. There is also an arcade and the boardWalk shops and eateries are just steps away.

I find BWI to be a very relaxed atmosphere and I like that the health club doesn't share with another resort. You're also closer to DHS and all the BWI rooms (except for around 3) have balconies. What's also nice is that with a STD view room, you have the possibility of having a beautiful garden view with the ability to see Epcot and Illuminations from the higher floors.

Kook, you are everywhere!!

Our home resort is BLT, so I am thankful for all you do on that thread:thumbsup2

I am trying to figure out points and vacations for the next few years. We are booked to stay at BLT over MLK week 2014. Now I am wondering if we should try in a few days to book at Boardwalk Villas (7 months out) to save on some points for a big family trip in 2015. Would you consider doing that? Does anyone know if there is any availability now at Boardwalk January 18-25, 2014? Also should I request a location close to the elevator and a studio standard view with a pull out couch? I read all Allears that some of the studios have day beds instead of a pull out, is that still accurate?
Welcome! Yes, my Sea Raycer gets me from Bay Lake to Crescent Lake nicely.

I'm going to leave your DVC question to one of our great DVC expertspopcorn::

Thanks for the great thread. Can't wait to get 'home' in Sept!!!
Welcome home and I'm glad you like your new thread! Do you have your ADRs booked yet?

Really? I will have to check the map and find that.
My DS6 has a life threatening peanut allergy so the thought of going into the bakery has me going crazy!
At the top of the DINING and in the GUEST SERVICES section on the first page, I have a list of all refill locations.

We love love love the Boardwalk! We have stayed at Beach Club once and really prefer the Boardwalk! We love the entertainment on the Boardwalk at night! The Boardwalk bakery recently renovated and it is much larger than it was before! The refillable mug station has it's own door which will make it much easier to get in and out. The bakery before was way to small!

http://www.wdwmagic.com/dining/boar...s-with-expanded-menu-and-all-new-interior.htm
Welcome! You didn't have too far to come over;)

Thanks for posting the link and great information. I have more BB rehab links in the DINING section under BOARDWALK BAKERY.

We will be staying at the Boardwalk Villas from August 18 - 24. Looking forward to getting back "Home".

Thanks so much for the new page KOOK!!

Who is going to be the first trip in our new BOARDWALK BULLETIN?! The BOARDWALK BULLETIN is at the end of Post #1 and is where I'll record your WDW resort (it doesn't have to be BWI/BWV) and dates. I will use magical erasing ink for known resort changers...

Aug. 25 - Sept. 1! BWI! :cool1:

We'll be at BWI Sept. 15-22! It'll be our first stay there. We're so excited!:cheer2:

Made it to the new thread! I'll be at BWI for the first time next week! Arrive 6/17 - 6/23.:goodvibes

I need to join this thread. Just booked our trip and the BC wasn't available with the pin code we have. We have to stay at the Boardwalk instead.
I need all of you BW lovers to sell me on staying there.

I have two children ages 12 and 6 who love the BC pool and we all use our mugs. So the idea of no inside mug filler upper thingy is driving me nuts.
Tell me what we will love here.

I also find refilling at Leaping horse Libations to be more convenient then HH when you are poolside.

Nothing compares to SAB. But we love walking to DHS from BWI which we don't do from BC

We'll be there on a NO KIDS visit July 14-18. Yahoooo!

Thanks to all of you for your help selecting BWI.

I am trying to figure out points and vacations for the next few years. We are booked to stay at BLT over MLK week 2014. Now I am wondering if we should try in a few days to book at Boardwalk Villas (7 months out) to save on some points for a big family trip in 2015. Would you consider doing that? Does anyone know if there is any availability now at Boardwalk January 18-25, 2014? Also should I request a location close to the elevator and a studio standard view with a pull out couch? I read all Allears that some of the studios have day beds instead of a pull out, is that still accurate?

We own at BWV & BLT. I've only been in studios with a sleeper sofa, but I have a family of four. As for availability, you know how that goes. Maybe here now, gone 5 minutes later. The marathon weekend in Jan was booked for consecutive days, however, there was a studio available in different booking categories. I have only been able to get studio stays standard view at the 11 month window, but if you only want a day or two, you might have luck.

Fantastic to see a new thread. I have some view photos to add - this is from BoardWalk Inn room #3296, a standard view:

To the left:
0084.JPG

To the right:
0093.JPG

The view straight ahead was just of a tree.

So, KOOK do I get a ribbon for being the last poster before you closed the previous thread? :yay:

Any one else have advise on room requests for a 1 bedroom garden/pool view. This is my first stay at BWV and I am so excited and looking forward to it!

What a cute view CaliforniaDreaming! I hope we are atleast that lucky with our standard view!! How far away from the lobby and Boardwalk Bakery were you?

I extend my heartfelt congratulations to you on being FTP, Ginny:thumbsup2. I hope you aren't allergic to strawberries...

first_place_ribbon.jpg

Why thank you Kook! :goodvibes I think that's the first ribbon I've received since 4th grade field day! :laughing:

I'd love to be added to the new Boardwalk Bulletin.
AKL/BWI Sept 24th-Oct1st

(I'm probably one of those peeps you'll list in magic eraser ink...:rotfl2:)

So, KOOK do I get a ribbon for being the last poster before you closed the previous thread? :yay:

Any one else have advise on room requests for a 1 bedroom garden/pool view. This is my first stay at BWV and I am so excited and looking forward to it!

The last time we stayed at the villas we had a nice top floor view of the quiet pool, canal, and tower of terror. In the distance you could see EE.

Quiet location and very relaxing.

We will be there Sept 8-15!!! Arriving on the 7 TH but will stay in DTD resort on 7th

ASMU/POR Dec 16-22, 2012 & BWI Sept 8-15, 2013

WOO HOO add me to the bulletin please.....8/9-14 CL Deluxe!

58 days & counting! DS12 has NO idea yet...can't wait! Still don't know how to pull of the surprise. I go to Disney frequently so as soon as we hit the airport he'll know. I might just wake him up & tell him to get dressed he's going to Disney World! I'll take any ideas or suggestions!

We own at BWV & BLT. I've only been in studios with a sleeper sofa, but I have a family of four. As for availability, you know how that goes. Maybe here now, gone 5 minutes later. The marathon weekend in Jan was booked for consecutive days, however, there was a studio available in different booking categories. I have only been able to get studio stays standard view at the 11 month window, but if you only want a day or two, you might have luck.

I am hoping we can even do a split stay between BLT and BWV just to save a few points, even if we have to waitlist. Is January really that popular of a time outside of the marathon?

Do the B/P studios at BWV have a sleeper plus a daybed? And the standard studios only have the sleeper?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter