• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS INFORMATION THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey BWIers! I'm planning on taking the BoardWalk Ballyhoo Guided Tour on my upcoming trip and I figured why not have breakfast at the Belle Vue Lounge since that's where you check-in for the tour? :goodvibes I've read that they have pastries and such, but I'm wondering if you are able to order a mimosa for breakfast. Seems the perfect way to start the morning of touring the glamorous world of the Boardwalk. :thumbsup2

If I have a boardwalk view in BWV 2 bedroom lock off do I also have a view of Epcot?

I thought most of the standard view villas have the Epcot view. You might get some view of Illuminations from your balcony from the boardwalk view.

I thought most of the standard view villas have the Epcot view. You might get some view of Illuminations from your balcony from the boardwalk view.

Most of the standard view villas face Epcot, but you can't actually see Epcot because your view is mostly BWI. However you can see the Illuminations fireworks above BWI.

If I have a boardwalk view in BWV 2 bedroom lock off do I also have a view of Epcot?

I think for sure you'll see Spaceship Earth (aka the big globe/golf ball), but you wont get a complete view of the Illuminations fireworks like you can from some of the other views as said above. If you're above the first or second floor (or maybe even on those floors) you'll almost for sure still see SOME fireworks over ESPN.

If you look closely at the map of the Boardwalk resort, you'll see that the walkway to DHS goes along the canal. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/map/

Technically, the Boardwalk Villas are the side of the resort that are along that canal and generally the fastest way to get to the walkway you'll want is to go out via a stairway to the outside. If you have a room at the Inn side of the resort, the 'safest' route will most likely be to take the Boardwalk itself almost to the intersection of the walkway to Swan/Dolphin - just before that intersection will be the path to DHS. If you look closely at the map you'll see that you could probably cut a few minutes off the walk by cutting through the parking lot, but at the time of the morning you're talking about I'd suggest taking the long (and presumably better lit) route so you don't find yourself wandering goodness knows where. :lmao:

prolly better to cut through at the main pool than to walk all the way down to the swolphin walkway. :thumbsup2

We have a garden/pool view 2 bedroom villa. What kind of view can we expect and which park are we closest to? What should I request?

We have a garden/pool view 2 bedroom villa. What kind of view can we expect and which park are we closest to? What should I request?

You'll probably be facing towards DHS and Swan and Dolphin. You'll see either the leisure pool or the themed pool, Luna Park. All two bedroom villas are lockoff villas.

I thought I saw a post that showed the BWV views; is there any place that says where BWV studios, 1-bedroom, and 2-bedrooms are in the resort? Or are they everywhere?

I am staying in my very first 1-bedroom and am super anxious (in the good way) to see where I will be put!

We arrive for our stay at B'walk in time for the end of Food and Wine! Excited!

Can someone please tell me about the coffee makers in the standard rooms? I like to bring my own coffee and wonder if they have switched to something k-cup compatible? Or are they still using the pods?

We arrive for our stay at B'walk in time for the end of Food and Wine! Excited!

Can someone please tell me about the coffee makers in the standard rooms? I like to bring my own coffee and wonder if they have switched to something k-cup compatible? Or are they still using the pods?

On the Inn side, yup, still the pods.

I thought I saw a post that showed the BWV views; is there any place that says where BWV studios, 1-bedroom, and 2-bedrooms are in the resort? Or are they everywhere?

I am staying in my very first 1-bedroom and am super anxious (in the good way) to see where I will be put!

The 1 bedrooms are scattered all over. There is a map with the views, im sure it's somewhere on the first page, but not sure where. The only "special" area is the Village Green area over the Wyland Gallery, that Preferred view area is all studios. Everything else has all room types. :thumbsup2

HI:wave2: We are new DVC members and just booked our first DVC vacation at our new home resort BOARDWALK !! We have a preferred view so I will be reading all of your posts so see where we could be. VERY excited to stay here from April 28, 2014 thru May 4, 2014. It will be our first deluxe resort since we usually stay at POR. Still love POR so we are doing a split stay for an additional 4 days 5/4/14 to 5/8/14.

We are here and having a great time! I think we have been spoiled by the extra space and huge tub in the 1br. We got in at 1 am on Friday night/sat morning. I requested tennis court view, which I didn't get, but we did get pretty close to the tennis courts, so it works. I just didn't want to be right over the main entrance and hear busses idling all night. I noticed people here mentioning a musty/mildew smell. We have it too, but didn't notice it right away. The air was off when we checked in though. After we got back from MK on Sat it smelled pretty bed. We were wet and cold though since it was raining, so we turned the heat on and the smell instantly went away. Seems the issue is with the A/C unit.
We are headed to the pool today, can't wait! We are living the location, it is so nice to be so close to EPCOT for F&W. it did take me 2.5 hrs of travel time to run over to DTD on Saturday yo pick up one thing, but that is typical of getting to DTD from anywhere. Otherwise absolutely loving it here!

I just booked to BW view studios for F&W next year!!! So excited, didn't get to go to F&W this year! Taking old friends, Disney rookies, who live across the country that we never get to see!!!

The 1 bedrooms are scattered all over. There is a map with the views, im sure it's somewhere on the first page, but not sure where. The only "special" area is the Village Green area over the Wyland Gallery, that Preferred view area is all studios. Everything else has all room types. :thumbsup2

Thank you! That's what I figured, but I thought I'd ask. The wait is killing me! But only 8 more days!

If you look closely at the map of the Boardwalk resort, you'll see that the walkway to DHS goes along the canal. https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/resorts/map/

Technically, the Boardwalk Villas are the side of the resort that are along that canal and generally the fastest way to get to the walkway you'll want is to go out via a stairway to the outside. If you have a room at the Inn side of the resort, the 'safest' route will most likely be to take the Boardwalk itself almost to the intersection of the walkway to Swan/Dolphin - just before that intersection will be the path to DHS. If you look closely at the map you'll see that you could probably cut a few minutes off the walk by cutting through the parking lot, but at the time of the morning you're talking about I'd suggest taking the long (and presumably better lit) route so you don't find yourself wandering goodness knows where. :lmao:

Hi MAO,

Yup we are staying on/at the BWI (side), and we used that canal walkway to get from the swan last year in the weeeeeeeee hours of the morning so we know it well. We even cast our eyes at the BWV side while passing and saw the parking lot for the Boardwalk Resorts.

Thankfully we will be arriving really early in the morning Thursday so we can walk around and figure out what route works best for us from the room we end up in. We are going to be making that walk a great deal during all hours of the day so hopefully by the end of our trip I can tell all of you the best route :joker:

Take care, ~Sunshine (it's the nickname one of the ladies that runs the SWW thread gave me)

Hi Gang,

Not to single out the BWV folks but I am staying on the BWI side, and this is a room question.

Has anyone stayed in a king size standard view room at BWI? And if so, what room did you have (number/location) and could you give me any details? (Like view, noise level, what you liked about the room, what you didn't like about it...)

:listen: Any details you have would be awesome! :listen:

Thanks, :worship:

A great happy Monday to everyone. I booked a week at BWV for Oct 2014. :woohoo:

I'll try to get a two days at VGF at the 7 month mark to test the new resort. But, it will be October and am doubtful for availability. Either way, I'll get to spend most of the time at the BWV.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter