(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Status
Not open for further replies.
BringingUpDisney said:
We are traveling in 12 days, two people in our group have mobility issues so I am wondering if I should request a particular location? This is our first stay at the Boardwalk Villas (or even the Boardwalk) so would love to get some opinions on the best location. Thank you so much for taking your time to share your thoughts!

SO excited!!! :hourglass

You might want to request close to elevators as I believe there's only one set for each wing.

Ditto that. The hallways are LOOOONG. Ask for close to elevators and say why, too.

We've been at both ends of the hallway, and while they are certainly LONG, they aren't too bad.

I'd recommend asking for a room near the elevator as well. Ground floor may also be a good thing to request as there are difference access points to the resort from the pool and parking lot.

We've been at both ends of the hallway, and while they are certainly LONG, they aren't too bad.

I'd recommend asking for a room near the elevator as well. Ground floor may also be a good thing to request as there are difference access points to the resort from the pool and parking lot.

JMHO, but first floor comes with more convenience when the focus is on Epcot, DHS and the Boardwalk than closeness to elevator. Had the luck of having both, but would rather have the last room on first floor than right around the corner on the 4th floor and needing an elevator to get literally everywhere (read; can take more than one try at some times and those doors are WAY to quick in shutting)

We had a ground floor room at the BW and because it was on the other side of the Boardwalk restaurants, we had to go up a floor, down a hall, and then down a floor every time we wanted to get out to the Boardwalk. It was the only negative about the resort. It would have been better to stay on the second floor.

We just returned a couple days ago from BWV. Stayed in villa 4134, a 1-Bedroom Garden/Pool View. I had requested a Luna Park view but ended up with a view of the Leisure Pool (we pretty much always get this view when booking a Garden/Pool view).

From living room balcony, a "tree" view:
D112.jpg

To the right:
D121.jpg

And to the left, beautiful view:
D101.jpg

From the bedroom, nice view of the pool:
D08.jpg

To the left, nice view:
D09.jpg
Thank you for the villa view photos! I'm going to see if I can fit them on the first page, or at least link to them here:thumbsup2

Anybody know if an iPad will fit in the in room safe in a boardwalk club level room? Thanks!

katyj26 said:
Anybody know if an iPad will fit in the in room safe in a boardwalk club level room? Thanks!

Just returned today from club level stay and our room safe would have held an iPad

Just got home a few hours ago... already miss our deluxe room. Hoping to book a late summer 2013 stay at BWI. I think their CL staff is the best on property.

Just got home a few hours ago... already miss our deluxe room. Hoping to book a late summer 2013 stay at BWI. I think their CL staff is the best on property.

Glad you enjoyed it! We going for our first time in January staying in a regular CL. Are deluxe rooms worth the extra money?

Any room suggestions or locations? I've stayed in a regular room last year and really enjoyed the resort. Can't wait!

We are considering staying at BWI Nov '13. Please give me all info, area to request and reason to justify CL. We stayed CL at AKL earlier this yr and we're hooked, but we will be coming off of a two week cruise and we love POFQ and we could stay at SoG. So money does matter but I'm spoiled. Any suggestions?

Denise

We are considering staying at BWI Nov '13. Please give me all info, area to request and reason to justify CL. We stayed CL at AKL earlier this yr and we're hooked, but we will be coming off of a two week cruise and we love POFQ and we could stay at SoG. So money does matter but I'm spoiled. Any suggestions?

Denise

If you've already stayed Club, you know the general benefits. The biggest plus for Club at BWI is the staff -- extremely friendly, helpful, and they make you feel at home.

We checked in on Sunday. Meant to post earlier, but we've been too busy. I had requested a room close to transportation, but didn't really get it. The room isn't as far away as it could be, so it's not a big deal. We have a one bedroom this time (had stayed in a studio before). It's overlooking the canal facing the Swan. View is partially screened by trees, but it's quiet. The lock on the living room balcony door didn't work, but it was repaired promptly after we reported it. It would be hard to do any cooking in this room. Not that I plan to, lord knows. But in checking out the general supplies, I noted that there are absolutely no pots or pans. I wondered if they were just missing, but there was nothing noted on the inventory list. Just seems odd. But the room is great, and the proximity to Epcot and the Studios can't be beat. One tip to pass on. We like to take a bottle of water to the parks but don't like paying the price for each bottle. We discovered that the general store sells a gallon of water for $2.99! We just fill up a bottle each day and still have some to drink in the room. Must be one of the few bargains at Disney.

What type of room/view is the canal view? Can you see the fireworks from this view or what else do you see? Is this type of room close to the elevators or the boardwalk?

Hello!:goodvibes

We just switched from the Poly to the BWI for our trip from December 27-January 1. We love both resorts, but thought that it would be easier being in walking distance to two parks. We are very excited!

My question is, does anyone know if anything special goes on at the BWI for New Year's Eve? We are probably going to stay away from the parks on this day, since it is going to be so crowded. We are not worried about spending too much time in the parks, since we will have just been to WDW in November. This December trip is more of a relaxing, slower paced vacation to see all of the holiday decorations and be outside of the parks.

Thanks!

What type of room/view is the canal view? Can you see the fireworks from this view or what else do you see? Is this type of room close to the elevators or the boardwalk?

We didn't request a room or view. It's room 2023, and it isn't really close to elevators. We can't see the fireworks because the room is set back in a corner, sort of. But its quiet and the canal view is nice.

We're staying at BWV for the first time in May (4-14). This is our first trip as DVC members and we are very excited!! Any additional advice for studio standard view? There will be 3 of us, 2 adults and 1 5yo.

We will probably utilize the boats, since my son loves them!! He thinks of them as an additional ride... And frankly I enjoy the relaxing trip vs the walk to HS. I don't like clowns, at all, but know he will want to frequent that pool. *sigh* We won't have a car.

Also, are the refillable mugs included with the dining plan? Keep seeing mixed reviews. I always enjoy any souvenir, but don't want to pay for something that isn't worth the value. (Sorry to be such a noob!! LOL)

We're staying at BWV for the first time in May (4-14). This is our first trip as DVC members and we are very excited!! Any additional advice for studio standard view? There will be 3 of us, 2 adults and 1 5yo.

We will probably utilize the boats, since my son loves them!! He thinks of them as an additional ride... And frankly I enjoy the relaxing trip vs the walk to HS. I don't like clowns, at all, but know he will want to frequent that pool. *sigh* We won't have a car.

Also, are the refillable mugs included with the dining plan? Keep seeing mixed reviews. I always enjoy any souvenir, but don't want to pay for something that isn't worth the value. (Sorry to be such a noob!! LOL)

We haven't done the dining plan in a couple of years, but unless they've changed it, the refillable mug comes with the Deluxe and the Quick Service plans, but NOT with the standard plan. Can't help with the standard studio request, but the hallways are long, so if you need to be close to the elevators, it might be good to request that.

The canal is on the Villas side, it's considered a preferred (non-boardwalk) view for DVC bookings, I think maybe it's called a water view for cash bookings? Not sure on the cash.

We checked in on Sunday. Meant to post earlier, but we've been too busy. I had requested a room close to transportation, but didn't really get it. The room isn't as far away as it could be, so it's not a big deal. We have a one bedroom this time (had stayed in a studio before). It's overlooking the canal facing the Swan. View is partially screened by trees, but it's quiet. The lock on the living room balcony door didn't work, but it was repaired promptly after we reported it. It would be hard to do any cooking in this room. Not that I plan to, lord knows. But in checking out the general supplies, I noted that there are absolutely no pots or pans. I wondered if they were just missing, but there was nothing noted on the inventory list. Just seems odd. But the room is great, and the proximity to Epcot and the Studios can't be beat. One tip to pass on. We like to take a bottle of water to the parks but don't like paying the price for each bottle. We discovered that the general store sells a gallon of water for $2.99! We just fill up a bottle each day and still have some to drink in the room. Must be one of the few bargains at Disney.

Did you check the drawer under the stove for the pots and pans? Our first stay we couldn't find them either, and we called housekeeping because we didn't want to get accused of taking them. Housekeeping told me where to look, and there they were! :thumbsup2 thanks for the tip about the water, that's a huge bargain. Usually when staying DVC we make a stop at the Publix just to stock up on water bottles. Enjoy the rest of the trip!

The refillable mugs come with all the dining plans. I think they added that when they took away one of the snack credits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter