1. Follow the DIS on Instagram! www.instagram.com/the.dis

(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by WDWKOOK, Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WDWKOOK

WDWKOOK NOW WITH LESS TAG!

I have read that for pre park-opening ADRs, they have a list of names at the IG. If you give them your name, they should match it against the list they have. I'm assuming the list also contains those booked for tours:confused3

Let us know how you liked the tour!

2. Avatar

DIS Sponsor The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin is located in the heart of the Walt Disney World Reosrt.

to hide this advert.
  3. gwynne

gwynne Be always blooming

:thumbsup2
    Hi Jessica 527,
    Thank you for asking. I'm making a trip soon. I'll spend some time with our daughter--lucky duck she lives in Orlando. Then I will be back in Orlando in Oct. with DH at BWI.

We love that resort! We enjoy walking on the boardwalk around Crescent Lake, having a glass of wine at the Belle Vue Lounge, and being able to walk to Epcot to taste all the yummy food at Food and Wine.

Is this your first time at BWI, or have you stayed there before?

I'll bet the time flies by in the next week or so. How wonderful to get married and honeymoon at WDW!:goodvibes

Hope you get a chance to post your thoughts about BWI when you return! Cheers! :dance3:

4. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

As KOOK said, they will have the list of names at IG. Keep your confirmation # and/or Charge receipt (I keep email one in my phone) if you are worried.

5. monami7

monami7 DIS Veteran

5 more days!

6. WDWKOOK

Yippee! Will you be posting a TR or review of AKL CL? I'd love to read what you think of their CL.

Have a great vacation!

7. Jessica527

Jessica527 Dreaming Disney Every Minute :)

Yes this is our first time staying at BWI. This is actually the first time staying deluxe. The past 10 years I have been on a high school and college budget. So this is the first time to fully indulge!!

8. AirGoofy

AirGoofy DIS Dad#341

I just used the online DVC website to book BWV at the 11 month mark. I was actually able to book it this AM, but forgot :confused3? I was able to get Easter week 2013. I like my new BWV points. Does the Boardwalk have anything special for Easter?

9. Jessica527

I received a miss call today with no voicemail, so I looked up the number. It was the boardwalk calling me with no voice message?? I called back and the CM said everything looked normal. Anyone have a clue what it would be?

10. stefani_

stefani_ Mouseketeer

Thanks a lot for your breakdown!! :goodvibes
    Seagulls? You mean on the balconies, or just around the grounds of the resort?

11. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

On the balconies. Some guests think it is a good idea to feed the wildlife on the property. Even though there are signs all over the place not to feed them. It just makes them very aggressive.

12. DeeCeeSW

DeeCeeSW DIS Veteran

Could be about this new Fastpass system they are testing out. Calls are being made to guests arriving in May.

13. Jessica527

Interesting... I will keep everyone posted!

14. monami7

monami7 DIS Veteran

Sorry no AKL this trip we had to change to BWI CL to add another person. I had just not been on a computer to change the ticker!

We are so excited to go CL at the inn. we have never stayed CL before!:wizard:

15. Princess Dolly

Princess Dolly <font color=green>Unfortunately it encroached the

Same thing happened to me. I even started a thread on the board about it. I then figured it was about the new Fastpass system after reading some info on the Theme Parks Board. I feel slightly better knowing somone else had a missed call as well with no notation in the system. I was convinced that something was going to be terrible wrong when I check in on Thursday. ;)

16. Jessica527

So my curiosity overwhelmed me and I started a Disney chat with a CM online. They gave me a number to call that explained the following to me (not exact works):

You received a call letting you know that you may be picked to participate in the new FastPass program. Walt Disney World guests arriving at the Orlando airport and taking the magical express will be picked randomly to be in the program. This is only open to resort guests at this time. If you have any questions at that time, please feel free to ask.

And that was the end of it… I didn’t know what else to ask?

Any thoughts?

17. Tinkerbellie16

Tinkerbellie16 <marquee><font color=deeppink>Certified <font colo

I have booked through AAA (and also not booked through AAA) so I can help you out a bit on your questions. First, make sure you know your reservation numbers and your Travel Agent's full name! You can call Disney about your reservation but they will ask you for the TA's name. Your TA should have asked you if you were celebrating anything special and had Disney add it to your reservation. If not, or if you just want to check, call Disney directly and have them add that celebration.

You can also pull up your reservation online. Use your disney login/password. Go to my reservations. Click on the add reservation and they will ask if it is resort or dining so choose resort. Then put in your information for the reservation (using YOUR name on the reservation, not the TA). It can take a few moments so be patient but it should pull up. Then it is linked to your login and will be there everytime you log in. You can use online check in as well. When you are ready (and it is within 10 days of arrival), go online and pull up that resort reservation and just click the online check in.

Now, I have used online check in for WL and Poly and neither of them allowed me to enter in a request although they did provide some pre-text requests like 'adjacent rooms' or something. They only had two request options in there. But I've heard others say that their resort had different request options and some allowed a free form text. I am not sure if that's true or what BW has as options. I would say either way, call in your requests to Disney as soon as you know them. Then if you check in online and you can't add your requests - and you don't see them noted - call Disney to make sure your requests are noted.

Hope that helps!

18. Tinkerbellie16

Tinkerbellie16 <marquee><font color=deeppink>Certified <font colo

Fascinating! I am going to CBR in two weeks but didn't book ME because I am renting a car. Makes me think I should book ME! Well, whomever gets picked for it - please report back with details!

19. Jessica527

I will check in this Sunday after our arrival to MCO! I will do my best to keep everyone updated!

20. sjs314

sjs314 "Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and

We will be returning to BWI For our 2nd stay this November/ December :banana:

Can not wait to see the resort decked out for Christmas!

21. WDWKOOK

YIPPEE! You'll have to take a look at the Christmas photos on the first page/last post:santa:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.