(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just back from my first boardwalk trip and loved it! We were located the first room above the sweets place. We loved our room view. The room was clean and in good working order. The customer service was awesome.

The greeter called us by name as we got out of the car and walked in with us. She checked me in in the lobby without me having to go to the desk.

We had bfast at kouzzina one morning and the frappe was to die for! We went to jellyrolls one night and it was a blast. We enjoyed the action of the boardwalk and the entertainment.

The only thing we didn't like was the same things we have read from others. Lack of a true counter service was slightly annoying. Not being able to refill mugs and having to hand them over was a pain. We just cant understand why they can't find one place to put a least one refill station.

The only other thing that we commented on was that we loved the theming and we wished that the swan and dolphin would just disappear. We felt it was really over-powering. We kept noticing it like a sore thumb at boardwalk, Epcot, even noticed it in the distance when on the monrorail heading to MK.

We did a split stay between bw and grand Floridian and we liked them both very much. We felt more at home at boardwalk though.

There you are:hug:. I know you've been working all weekend so thanks for stopping by - now get some sleep!

HRH approves :thumbsup2 So I have changed to BWI CL :woohoo: The first two nights we are at BLT (I plan on boating over to visit WL) :goodvibes

Just back from my first boardwalk trip and loved it! We were located the first room above the sweets place. We loved our room view. The room was clean and in good working order. The customer service was awesome.

The greeter called us by name as we got out of the car and walked in with us. She checked me in in the lobby without me having to go to the desk.

We had bfast at kouzzina one morning and the frappe was to die for! We went to jellyrolls one night and it was a blast. We enjoyed the action of the boardwalk and the entertainment.

The only thing we didn't like was the same things we have read from others. Lack of a true counter service was slightly annoying. Not being able to refill mugs and having to hand them over was a pain. We just cant understand why they can't find one place to put a least one refill station.

The only other thing that we commented on was that we loved the theming and we wished that the swan and dolphin would just disappear. We felt it was really over-powering. We kept noticing it like a sore thumb at boardwalk, Epcot, even noticed it in the distance when on the monrorail heading to MK.

We did a split stay between bw and grand Floridian and we liked them both very much. We felt more at home at boardwalk though.

Glad you enjoyed the stay. If you look up the design/"story" behind the swan/dolphin, it might help you appreciate them more, or at least hate them a little less! :)

Thanks for posting your review.

Quick question regarding transportation. If we have booked an ADR at The Wave for 8:30 and the MK doesn't open until 9, first can we get to MK by bus that early and how do we get to the monorail if the park isn't open yet? Thanks!

Quick question regarding transportation. If we have booked an ADR at The Wave for 8:30 and the MK doesn't open until 9, first can we get to MK by bus that early and how do we get to the monorail if the park isn't open yet? Thanks!
The Buses to the Magic Kingdom start at 6:30 AM and when you arrive there you don't need to take the Resort Monorail. The Magic Kingdom Bus station is located very close to the Contemporary walkway so it's faster to walk there.

discorsner - Thanks for the review of your stay at BW. We are staying there first time in March and I can not wait. I do agree with you that it seems they could find a place to put in a self serve area for refilling the mugs.......perhaps we all need to shoot out emails to Disney or make sure we do the exit surveys.

I have also noticed the S?D seem to overshadow the BW but I stayed at YC while BW was being built and remember gazing at S/D as they were prominent in the skyline.

We have an ADR for breakfast at Kouzzina too, glad to read you enjoyed your meal there.

This time tomorrow we will at BWV!!:cool1: Thanks for all the info and great pics!!

tree320 - I am so jealous. I have to wait until March for my trip...Have a safe and Most Magical Trip

This time tomorrow we will at BWV!!:cool1: Thanks for all the info and great pics!!

tree320, have a great trip! Looking forward to your report!

HRH approves :thumbsup2 So I have changed to BWI CL :woohoo: The first two nights we are at BLT (I plan on boating over to visit WL) :goodvibes

Yay pas! I hope you love it as much as we do!

discorsner, thanks for the review!

The Buses to the Magic Kingdom start at 6:30 AM and when you arrive there you don't need to take the Resort Monorail. The Magic Kingdom Bus station is located very close to the Contemporary walkway so it's faster to walk there.

Thanks CRR4L. If anyone would know this, you would. Appreciate it!

New thread looks great. I only have one quibble: when you say 3227/3229 are adjoining, they are right next to each other (as are 3225/3227) but they do not connect--we just stayed in 3227 and my aunt and uncle in 3229 over Christmas--there was definitely not an interior connection between the rooms (though I did get some pictures over the balcony wall!).

I am beyond Excited.... 12/14/12-12/15/12 at one of the value hotels and then it is DVC..Boardwalk 12/16/12-12-22/12.. YEAH BABY!!

New thread looks great. I only have one quibble: when you say 3227/3229 are adjoining, they are right next to each other (as are 3225/3227) but they do not connect--we just stayed in 3227 and my aunt and uncle in 3229 over Christmas--there was definitely not an interior connection between the rooms (though I did get some pictures over the balcony wall!).

Adjoining means they are next to each other, but do not connect.

For those who have never been to the ESPN Club here are some pictures of their various items which I have had last month and these pictures were taken with my BlackBerry.

Patriot Clam Chowder

ESPNSoup.jpg

Chicken Wings

ESPNWings.jpg

Macho Nachos For Two

ESPNNachos.jpg

ESPN Dinger Sandwich

ESPNDinger.jpg

The Angus Chuck Burger

ESPNBurger.jpg

I have to add my kudos to WDWKOOK for a job well done on this new thread. The photos and information at the beginning make it so easy to see everything that the BW has to offer. Well done! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter