(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember exactly everything which is offered each night, however here is what I can remember.

Their hot food items on some nights have been the following. Duck Quesadillas, Spaniktapita, Veggie Spring Rolls, Beef Kabobs, Bacon Wrapped Scallops, Blue Crab Cheese Cake and some other items I can't remember.

Their cold food items will be Greek Salad, Orzo Salad, various Cheeses, Breads, Veggies, Crackers and each night they rotate between a Smoked Salmon and a Tuna Tartar. For example Thursday night is Tuna Tartar and Friday night is the Smoked Salmon.

OOH thank you - those are nice little tidbits! Do you happen to remember if they have the sliced apples and caramel or the little shooters filled with PB&J? My gourmet children are hoping that BWI CL has them as BC CL did! LOL

OOH thank you - those are nice little tidbits! Do you happen to remember if they have the sliced apples and caramel or the little shooters filled with PB&J? My gourmet children are hoping that BWI CL has them as BC CL did! LOL
You're welcome and yes they also had those other items.

Somehow, I knew you would be:hug:. I could probably change to the janitor's closet and you'd find the silver lining - thank you for always caring:goodvibes
You are VERY welcome my friend :hug: BTW can you get CL access from the janitor's closet ;)

I guess when I saw you say the words change to our vacation I wasn't surprised since you seem to do a lot of that, which was the reason for my original reply.

After all that would mean seeing me a lot more in the lounge since we can finally meet in person and the fact we are only staying at the BWI for our whole trip.

Change? Kook change? :laughing: oooohhhhh that would be So cool if the two CR/BWI powerhouses met in person :cool2:

So, DH and I are now officially booked at BWI Standard Club Level! :banana:

I had already pretty much decided on BWI, and I think it's time we tried out CL. We were thinking about DxDDP, but now I think snacks at CL plus TIW will be fine, especially because we probably won't be eating much our first night, and we really don't need to eat as much as we do when we are on the DDP. pas130 knows I am an admitted RCer, though, so we'll see if this is our permanent choice.

I put in a request for Boardwalk/Lake view, but I'm not expecting it. We would be happy with any view, really. CL is exciting enough for us as is. I worry more about the position of the room relative to exits (stairs we can use as a shortcut, or the elevators) and the Innkeeper's Club Lounge. Convenience is always a nice bonus.

The CM I booked with over the phone was very nice, but I still have a few CL questions. Maybe this has been answered in this thread already, but what if we check in after 10pm? Our plane lands at 9:45, so we probably won't be at BWI until 11pm the first night. Do we still get to check in with any type of concierge person? Or is it just at the regular check in desk? From what I've read in this thread, I will get an e-mail from the IPO that has a form I can fill out with requests, right? Does that include ADRs? Should I definitely use the IPO for ADRs, or should I do it myself? We are still 7 months away from our trip right now.

I had already pretty much decided on BWI, and I think it's time we tried out CL. We were thinking about DxDDP, but now I think snacks at CL plus TIW will be fine, especially because we probably won't be eating much our first night, and we really don't need to eat as much as we do when we are on the DDP. pas130 knows I am an admitted RCer, though, so we'll see if this is our permanent choice.

I put in a request for Boardwalk/Lake view, but I'm not expecting it. We would be happy with any view, really. CL is exciting enough for us as is. I worry more about the position of the room relative to exits (stairs we can use as a shortcut, or the elevators) and the Innkeeper's Club Lounge. Convenience is always a nice bonus.

The CM I booked with over the phone was very nice, but I still have a few CL questions. Maybe this has been answered in this thread already, but what if we check in after 10pm? Our plane lands at 9:45, so we probably won't be at BWI until 11pm the first night. Do we still get to check in with any type of concierge person? Or is it just at the regular check in desk? From what I've read in this thread, I will get an e-mail from the IPO that has a form I can fill out with requests, right? Does that include ADRs? Should I definitely use the IPO for ADRs, or should I do it myself? We are still 7 months away from our trip right now.

Congrats!!! Make sure you stay tuned here.....Kook will be there VERY soon, and will post photos, reviews....all the goodies popcorn::

You will go through regular check in. And you should get an email as well. They can make your ADRs you just need to call and give a credit card to put on file. I am too obsessive compusive to let anyone do my ADRs, but that is just me. :confused3 This is a nice choice :woohoo:

What dates are you going to be in WDW?

When staying in a Standard Club Level Room there is no set of stairs that goes onto the Boardwalk from your room. So basically you will go from the 4th floor which is where your room and lounge is located to the elevators there, then you will take them to the 2nd floor which is their lobby and then walk down another set of stairs at the Belle Vue Lounge which takes you onto the Boardwalk.

However if you want a shortcut going to the BWI quiet pool if you walk past the Sonora Suite on the right hand side of the hallway you will see an exit sign and when you open the door is a set of stairs. When you walk down them all the way it will take you directly out to the area where their Garden/Cottage Suites are located and just past them is the BWI quiet pool.

Finally since you will be arriving after 10:00 PM you will need to check-in at the lobby since the Club Level Cast Members working inside the lounge and desk area in front of the Innkeeper's Club door are finished at 10:00 PM.

As for that form from the BWI IPO you can fill in your requests on there and I think there is a section for ADR's. However since we never make any in advance I never took the time to notice. From what I can remember I only remember they only had a section for reserving spots at Hoop De Doo or the Polynesian Luau, since those required a credit card.

Thank you for the 1 bedroom photos!!
You're welcome, Tinkerbellie16.

Does anyone have a list of the Innkeepers Club evening offering? I tried searching this thread and the CL thread and I had no luck!
I'll be checking-in to the Innkeeper's Club next week. I'm going to ask if I can see their menu listing like I posted for WL. I'm also going to take photos and post them here.

I can't remember exactly everything which is offered each night, however here is what I can remember.

Their hot food items on some nights have been the following. Duck Quesadillas, Spaniktapita, Veggie Spring Rolls, Beef Kabobs, Bacon Wrapped Scallops, Blue Crab Cheese Cake and some other items I can't remember.

Their cold food items will be Greek Salad, Orzo Salad, various Cheeses, Breads, Veggies, Crackers and each night they rotate between a Smoked Salmon and a Tuna Tartar. For example Thursday night is Tuna Tartar and Friday night is the Smoked Salmon.
We arrive during appetizer hour next Thursday and I'm so excited that they might have Tuna Tartar. Do they ever have sushi? DH will just love the smoked salmon, too. But, what is a blue crab cheesecake:confused:. I love crab, but I'm not sure how I feel about combining it with my cheesecake:scratchin

You are VERY welcome my friend :hug: BTW can you get CL access from the janitor's closet ;)

Change? Kook change? :laughing: oooohhhhh that would be So cool if the two CR/BWI powerhouses met in person :cool2:
If anyone could figure out a way to get a concierge to join them in the janitor's closet, it would have to be you. If that didn't work, you could always try room service:confused3

Welcome to the BWI thread and congratulations on booking:yay:. Yes, you should get either a Disney Destinations generic email with a link to an online form (that no one can get to go past the second page so we all just email our requests:upsidedow). The IPOs also have a "PIP" form that some attach to their email that isn't online and does work. The best thing to do is just email the IPO and let them know if you have any requests or reservations you'd like them to make. Make sure you include your confirmation number.

The DxDP AND CL is a LOT of food, but it has been done. We prefer TIW and getting 20% off all our TS meals (including adult beverages). If you were to do CL and DxDP, I would recommend using two of your daily credits on a 2 TS credit meal and then using one for breakfast, perhaps. You won't be eating much in the lounge, but you'll still have all the other perks of CL.

Congrats!!! Make sure you stay tuned here.....Kook will be there VERY soon, and will post photos, reviews....all the goodies popcorn::

You will go through regular check in. And you should get an email as well. They can make your ADRs you just need to call and give a credit card to put on file. I am too obsessive compusive to let anyone do my ADRs, but that is just me. :confused3 This is a nice choice :woohoo:
NO! It isn't just YOU! I love making those ADRs, too. No way would I delegate that joy to some stranger:snooty:

Looks like I have some photos and reviews I'll be posting next week:rolleyes1. Actually, I can't wait:hyper:

The last time I stayed at the Contemporary in August 2010, Kook was staying in the room right next to mine and I didn't even know that.
...And that, ladies and gentleman is why CRRF4L has never returned to the CR:rotfl:. Actually, I've been back, but it doesn't look like you'll ever return. In fact, I have it booked for the summer - but, that may change. We'll see how things go next week - stay tuned:surfweb:

Just wanted to give everyone an update and it is FABULOUS news. I called member administration this afternoon and not only was my name in the DVC system (finally), my points had been loaded too! So off to member services I went, where I banked my 2011 points and made my first reservation.

And much to my surprise, there was a boardwalk view studio available for ALL SEVEN NIGHTS of our January/February trip! Yahoo! :dance3: I've seriously been on :cloud9: ever since.

So now, oh wise Boardwalkians, what room requests should I add to my reservation? Some higher floor rooms can see Illuminations and Wishes, right? So should high floor be a request? I'm a blank canvas, I'll take any and all suggestions.

I can't wait to go "home." But it's gonna be a long 10-plus months, so I'm going to have to live vicariously through all of you who get to go between now and then. And if anyone has done trip reports from Boardwalk, I'd love to see links from those as well!

Just wanted to give everyone an update and it is FABULOUS news. I called member administration this afternoon and not only was my name in the DVC system (finally), my points had been loaded too! So off to member services I went, where I banked my 2011 points and made my first reservation.

And much to my surprise, there was a boardwalk view studio available for ALL SEVEN NIGHTS of our January/February trip! Yahoo! :dance3: I've seriously been on :cloud9: ever since.

So now, oh wise Boardwalkians, what room requests should I add to my reservation? Some higher floor rooms can see Illuminations and Wishes, right? So should high floor be a request? I'm a blank canvas, I'll take any and all suggestions.

I can't wait to go "home." But it's gonna be a long 10-plus months, so I'm going to have to live vicariously through all of you who get to go between now and then. And if anyone has done trip reports from Boardwalk, I'd love to see links from those as well!
:rotfl2:
So happy for you now that it's "official":yay:. I'll leave those DVC room requests to the Wise Boardwalkians:rotfl:

You will go through regular check in. And you should get an email as well. They can make your ADRs you just need to call and give a credit card to put on file. I am too obsessive compulsive to let anyone do my ADRs, but that is just me. :confused3 This is a nice choice :woohoo:

I'm a little bummed we won't get to go straight up to CL to check in, but I'm guessing we'll be too tired to care at that point. We will be arriving after leaving Berlin in the morning and changing planes at JFK in NYC :scared1:

I can't wait to see Kook's updates! Now that we are officially booked, I am getting back into being DIS-obsessed (I can't bear reading some of the posts when we don't have a vacation booked).

I'm kind of obsessive about my ADRs as well (frequently changing and tweaking right up until the end), so I probably won't use the IPO for it unless I have trouble with an ADR I really want.

What dates are you going to be in WDW?

October 23-28. I forget...are our paths crossing?

When staying in a Standard Club Level Room there is no set of stairs that goes onto the Boardwalk from your room. So basically you will go from the 4th floor which is where your room and lounge is located to the elevators there, then you will take them to the 2nd floor which is their lobby and then walk down another set of stairs at the Belle Vue Lounge which takes you onto the Boardwalk.

However if you want a shortcut going to the BWI quiet pool if you walk past the Sonora Suite on the right hand side of the hallway you will see an exit sign and when you open the door is a set of stairs. When you walk down them all the way it will take you directly out to the area where their Garden/Cottage Suites are located and just past them is the BWI quiet pool.

Finally since you will be arriving after 10:00 PM you will need to check-in at the lobby since the Club Level Cast Members working inside the lounge and desk area in front of the Innkeeper's Club door are finished at 10:00 PM.

As for that form from the BWI IPO you can fill in your requests on there and I think there is a section for ADR's. However since we never make any in advance I never took the time to notice. From what I can remember I only remember they only had a section for reserving spots at Hoop De Doo or the Polynesian Luau, since those required a credit card.

I've been reading your posts on the DIS for a couple of years now, and I must say you know a crazy amount of WDW information, and I mean that in a good way :worship: When we stayed at YC, we went over to BWI for a short visit to see the Xmas decorations, but I must admit we didn't explore much because I think we were trying to dislike it in comparison to YC. So, now any information about navigating the resort is much appreciated.

Welcome to the BWI thread and congratulations on booking:yay:. Yes, you should get either a Disney Destinations generic email with a link to an online form (that no one can get to go past the second page so we all just email our requests:upsidedow). The IPOs also have a "PIP" form that some attach to their email that isn't online and does work. The best thing to do is just email the IPO and let them know if you have any requests or reservations you'd like them to make. Make sure you include your confirmation number.

The DxDP AND CL is a LOT of food, but it has been done. We prefer TIW and getting 20% off all our TS meals (including adult beverages). If you were to do CL and DxDP, I would recommend using two of your daily credits on a 2 TS credit meal and then using one for breakfast, perhaps. You won't be eating much in the lounge, but you'll still have all the other perks of CL.

Thanks for the welcome :) I really think doing DDP at all with the CL would probably be too much food. We do love to eat, but we've always eaten more than usual on DDP or DxDP. Besides, we can use TIW for a whole year, and since we'll be getting APs, there is a good possibility we'll be back before those APs expire (that's the biggest problem with APs :laughing:).

We arrive during appetizer hour next Thursday and I'm so excited that they might have Tuna Tartar. Do they ever have sushi? DH will just love the smoked salmon, too. But, what is a blue crab cheesecake:confused:. I love crab, but I'm not sure how I feel about combining it with my cheesecake:scratchin
They don't have any items with Sushi and the other item is a Crab Crake, which is also available on the Club Level menu at the Contemporary.

WDWKOOK said:
...And that, ladies and gentleman is why CRRF4L has never returned to the CR:rotfl:. Actually, I've been back, but it doesn't look like you'll ever return. In fact, I have it booked for the summer - but, that may change. We'll see how things go next week - stay tuned:surfweb:
Like I said before we love the BWI and their Club Level service that much and because of that we can't stay anywhere else.

Unless I am wrong but I thought you stayed at the Contemporary in December 2010 but it was a non Club Level stay.

Just wanted to say I hope you have a great time.

I've been reading your posts on the DIS for a couple of years now, and I must say you know a crazy amount of WDW information, and I mean that in a good way :worship: When we stayed at YC, we went over to BWI for a short visit to see the Xmas decorations, but I must admit we didn't explore much because I think we were trying to dislike it in comparison to YC. So, now any information about navigating the resort is much appreciated.
You're welcome and I was I am always happy to help.

You're welcome, Tinkerbellie16.

I'll be checking-in to the Innkeeper's Club next week. I'm going to ask if I can see their menu listing like I posted for WL. I'm also going to take photos and post them here.

:

Thanks WDWKOOK! I'd appreciate that! We will be at BWI CL in just 20 days! 18 days until PBH CL.

The last time I stayed at the Contemporary in August 2010, Kook was staying in the room right next to mine and I didn't even know that.
I remember reading that...I think on the CR thread...that is quite a shame...at least you know she is not too rowdy ;)
If anyone could figure out a way to get a concierge to join them in the janitor's closet, it would have to be you. If that didn't work, you could always try room service:confused3
:rotfl: Do you think it's crazy that I think that is a fabulous compliment :lovestruc

NO! It isn't just YOU! I love making those ADRs, too. No way would I delegate that joy to some stranger:snooty:
I know...I need COMPLETE control for tweaking.....could you imagine if we coule (gulp) MODIFY reservations online :scared1: :lmao:

Looks like I have some photos and reviews I'll be posting next week:rolleyes1. Actually, I can't wait:hyper:
I am so happy for you!!!!!! I can't wait for your pics...and now I want to go to WL in August for the refurbed CL rooms :confused3

...And that, ladies and gentleman is why CRRF4L has never returned to the CR
:laughing: So you had to follow him to BWI :laughing:
I'm a little bummed we won't get to go straight up to CL to check in, but I'm guessing we'll be too tired to care at that point. We will be arriving after leaving Berlin in the morning and changing planes at JFK in NYC :scared1:

I can't wait to see Kook's updates! Now that we are officially booked, I am getting back into being DIS-obsessed (I can't bear reading some of the posts when we don't have a vacation booked).

I'm kind of obsessive about my ADRs as well (frequently changing and tweaking right up until the end), so I probably won't use the IPO for it unless I have trouble with an ADR I really want.
That is a long trip!!!! Just think bright and early you can get some coffee and breakfast in the morning at the Innkeeper's Club lounge...

ADR change's huh???check out amanda's thread for ADR changing let me know if you need the link :goodvibes

lisaCM and tinkerbellie also next to go??? Did I get that right? :dance3: Enjoy!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter