(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a solution which should work for the links - if you go to Flickr - the normal page, not the lightbox and click "Share" above the picture. Then you can grab the HTML/BBCode. Select BBCode and copy that into this forum. Then you should get the image nicely. I can't do it - I haven't made enough posts yet!

Hi WDWKOOK,

Thanks for the links to the BW pictures I've got - you've got a pretty nice selection here already. Can't respond to your PM directly, I'm still a newbie here it seems! There ought to be a way to actually show the picture as a link to Flickr as well, I'll investigate that for you and let you know when I can use the PM function.

Boardwalk is a great resort. I don't have any aerial shots of WL I'm afraid.

I have a solution which should work for the links - if you go to Flickr - the normal page, not the lightbox and click "Share" above the picture. Then you can grab the HTML/BBCode. Select BBCode and copy that into this forum. Then you should get the image nicely. I can't do it - I haven't made enough posts yet!
So glad you found me since you can't PM me. The reason I only posted the links and not the photos themselves, is because I didn't have your permission. I try to be careful about those things and now that I know that I have your permission to post the actual photo, with attribution/links of course, I will do that. Hopefully, I can find room for them on the first page (there is a limit of 25 images per post.) I have a trip to BWI coming up shortly and will want to post more of my photos next month.

Thank you for letting me know that you don't have any WL photos. Next trip you'll have to take some:worship:. Don't be a stranger on the DIS. Hopefully soon you'll have full "DIS amenity" access:thumbsup2

After reading the info on this thread and looking at the maps & photos, it looks like there are no pool bars at either of the quiet pools, am I correct? if so, is it too far to go to the Luna pool for drinks? I know "too far" is relative, but just seeking opinions.

I can confirm that there is a locker/shower area in Muscles and Bustles. Never used them myself, but they're there.

We always have a late flight out. Most of the time we hang a the pool and we'll shower at the fitness center before we go. They have a very nice locker room with lockers. The quite pool has showers too but not as nice if I remember there weren't locks on the locker.

Fabulous! Thank you!

After reading the info on this thread and looking at the maps & photos, it looks like there are no pool bars at either of the quiet pools, am I correct? if so, is it too far to go to the Luna pool for drinks? I know "too far" is relative, but just seeking opinions.
Yes there are no bars located at either quiet pool on the Inn side or Villas side. As for going to the bar at the Luna Park pool and it being to far, maybe you can purchase some drinks in advance and bring them so you don't need to go get them later on.

Just to add to what CR Resort Fan mentioned....we had a really difficult time when we were shopping there. We went to the Screen Door and asked about Boardwalk specific merchandise and they sent us up to the lobby. We went up to the lobby but, since the store is off to the side, we didn't see it. We asked at the front desk, and they sent us back down to the Screen Door. After running around back and forth we FINALLY found Dundy's Sundries. It's off the lobby towards the villas side. They had VERY few items that said Boardwalk on them, and all but one said Villas. I was so bummed :confused3
In December 2011 Dundy's Sundries had brand new Boardwalk merchandise that didn't mention Inn or Villas, as it was branded Disney's Boardwalk Resort. I was able to purchase a jacket, key chain and luggage tag.

The only thing I couldn't purchase a Disney's Boardwalk shirt because they only made them in Women's sizes and they weren't available in Men's sizes.

I know this is the BWI thread:rolleyes1, but I have to ask... If DH thinks you're going from the Poly to GF and you LOVE and MISS GF/SL, then why did you book BWI? Is it because DH prefers BWI over GF/SL and will be happier? I thought that Poly was his favorite, so if that's true, shouldn't you then get to do your favorite - GF? (I hope k&a&c'smom hears about this GF plug here on my thread:rotfl:)

DH knows we are at Poly, but he doesn't know I booked a split. I figured we we get the parking pass he will see the check out date and know we are moving....I only assume he will think GF since I am not telling him :laughing: I just can't bring myself to book GF with the construction. The decor will appeal to the girls (and me) the slide DS11, and the location DH :woohoo: Out of the Epcot resorts, BWI is the one that has the most appeal :goodvibes to me....

GF related, I went on the threat this morning...saw the pics of the King rooms and my heart sunk (still holding a grudge I guess) then I realized they were pre-construction and I saw your links to the construction photos...and even though SL is not affected....I just can't...can't do the Grand :confused3

Dude, your pictures rock.

I haven't stayed at BWI yet but do what I do at other resorts, go to the main pool bar, get 2 drinks to go, drink one on the way back to the quiet pool and then you have one for when you get there :thumbsup2

It's funny to see me do this the second time :tilt:

Arrived yesterday checked into BWI and was upgraded to a water view king room right over flying fish huge balcony with view of crescent lake on third floor # 3269
And boardwalk. Had lunch @ Via Napoli today yummy dinner tonight Rose & Crown

Met MAGIC aka Linda yesterday at big river grille, she is a sweetheart!

Had breakfast today @Kouzzina's Fantastic!!! DH had the Breakfast skillet & I had the eggs with tomatoes, spinach & feta cheese both were yummy!

Have to run......

Arrived yesterday checked into BWI and was upgraded to a water view king room right over flying fish huge balcony with view of crescent lake on third floor # 3269

Had breakfast today @Kouzzina's Fantastic!!! DH had the Breakfast skillet & I had the eggs with tomatoes, spinach & feta cheese both were yummy!

Have to run......
Thanks for the live trip report and congratulations on the upgrade.

DH knows we are at Poly, but he doesn't know I booked a split. I figured we we get the parking pass he will see the check out date and know we are moving....I only assume he will think GF since I am not telling him :laughing: I just can't bring myself to book GF with the construction. The decor will appeal to the girls (and me) the slide DS11, and the location DH :woohoo: Out of the Epcot resorts, BWI is the one that has the most appeal :goodvibes to me....

GF related, I went on the threat this morning...saw the pics of the King rooms and my heart sunk (still holding a grudge I guess) then I realized they were pre-construction and I saw your links to the construction photos...and even though SL is not affected....I just can't...can't do the Grand :confused3
Look, if you book GF then you'll really be staying at the YC! (Inside joke, poor pas130 booked an GF/RPC room last year and was bumped to the YC upon arrival. It was a sweet upgrade though - to a suite:thumbsup2).

And, what is with putting the confused emote there at the end of, "Can't do the Grand:confused3" That was a question - not a statement! I think this conversation may have to move over to your Resort Changer's thread:teleport:

I haven't stayed at BWI yet but do what I do at other resorts, go to the main pool bar, get 2 drinks to go, drink one on the way back to the quiet pool and then you have one for when you get there :thumbsup2

It's funny to see me do this the second time
:tilt:
:rotfl:

Can you even get two drinks anymore? I thought I tried to get two drinks once at the CR(?) for DH and me and the bartender said it was a one drink at a time per person limit:confused3

Have to run......
So great to hear from you, Sheila! I'm so happy you got an upgrade:hug:. How do you like it at BWI so far? Can't wait to hear more about your trip when you have time.

Hi friends! :wave2: We're heading back down to the World tomorrow! Offsite trip this time -- extended family trip, so we needed the extra room of a rental townhouse.

But tomorrow night we're planning to spend the evening wandering around the Boardwalk area (dinner at Big River Grille) and I was wondering where the best place (outside Epcot) would be to watch Illuminations? Thanks! :goodvibes

Hi friends! :wave2: We're heading back down to the World tomorrow! Offsite trip this time -- extended family trip, so we needed the extra room of a rental townhouse.

But tomorrow night we're planning to spend the evening wandering around the Boardwalk area (dinner at Big River Grille) and I was wondering where the best place (outside Epcot) would be to watch Illuminations? Thanks! :goodvibes
Just past the ESPN Club is the bridge that's before you walk towards the International Gateway entrance to Epcot or towards the Beach Club and I have seen others go there so they can watch Illuminations.

:rotfl:

Can you even get two drinks anymore? I thought I tried to get two drinks once at the CR(?) for DH and me and the bartender said it was a one drink at a time per person limit:confused3

I have not bought any drinks from the BWI pool bar but at any other resort pool bar (or other WDW bar) I've been at, I'm always buying DH his drinks so I do buy 2 drinks at a time. Anytime I've bought more than that, I've had the people there as well to say they were drinking (so if you buy a round, make sure all the adults are there!).

And I'm proud to say I double-fist those grey goose and grand marnier slushies... Both are MINE! :rotfl:

In December 2011 Dundy's Sundries had brand new Boardwalk merchandise that didn't mention Inn or Villas, as it was branded Disney's Boardwalk Resort. I was able to purchase a jacket, key chain and luggage tag.

The only thing I couldn't purchase a Disney's Boardwalk shirt because they only made them in Women's sizes and they weren't available in Men's sizes.

YAY :cheer2: I wrote them a letter after we returned and said I had money burning a hole in my pocket, but couldn't spend it there due to lack of available options. They must've listened to me ;)

Have to run......
:woohoo: Wonderful!!!! Thanks for checkin in Sheila, hope DH is loving BWI as well as you!!!!! :woohoo:

Look, if you book GF then you'll really be staying at the YC! (Inside joke, poor pas130 booked an GF/RPC room last year and was bumped to the YC upon arrival. It was a sweet upgrade though - to a suite:thumbsup2).

And, what is with putting the confused emote there at the end of, "Can't do the Grand:confused3" That was a question - not a statement! I think this conversation may have to move over to your Resort Changer's thread:teleport:
:teeth:

Have to run......

So happy to hear that you're having a good time! What a nice upgrade!

Enjoy the rest of your trip! :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter