• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(CLOSED) Disney's BOARDWALK INN and VILLAS Information Thread ~2012~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do all the BWI rooms have the sofa bed in them? Or just some....also do they all have either a balcony or patio.

We just upgraded to club level for our July 14th-19th stay..SOOO EXCITED!!!!

There are no sofa beds in the rooms at BWI (with exception of the deluxe CL rooms & suites). Some rooms have a daybed, but not all. I'm not sure if certain categories guarantee them or not, I always thought it was the luck of the draw. They are better for sitting on than they are for sleeping, they're not even a twin size bed when in use. DS15 slept on one at BC last year & it was too small for him (but he'd rather sleep uncomfortable alone than with his little brother!)

KerryCM-Hope that works. It would be nice if you would work around my schedule for once so we can see each other!:lmao:

Just wanted to chime in... We'll be there in 21 HOURS!:goodvibes

Awesome, enjoy!!! Post some thoughts if you have time!

Do all the BWI rooms have the sofa bed in them? Or just some....also do they all have either a balcony or patio.

We just upgraded to club level for our July 14th-19th stay..SOOO EXCITED!!!!

There is literally one room in the BWI side without a balcony or patio, but it is not a club level room so no need to worry.

I just realized there is something very very bad about BW.

Once you have a BW view, you will settle for nothing less!

I'm plotting for an August trip & somehow cannot get away from pricing BWV Boardwalk view. Ugh. Price that out compared to a value & it will make your head spin. But now I'm spoiled! Darn Boardwalk View.

Hi, I've been searching the forums for an answer to this question, without results, and hope someone on this thread can help.

On our reservation it states that the 2bd villa sleeps 9 but we have to supply the bedding.
So my question is, what kind of bed do they "bring in", if that's the case, and what size bedding do I need to bring?
Do I just bring sheets? Will they supply an extra pillow and blanket?

Thank you!
Shanna

I forgot to say, we leave in less than 24 hrs for WDW!

For this special trip it's just me, DS 24(his first trip ever!), and DD 16.
This will be only our 3rd trip for DD and I.

We will be staying in a studio this time, but come December we will be occupying 2-2bd.
I want to bring the above mentioned bedding tomorrow( I can't believe we leave tomorrow!), to put in our Owner's Locker.
Packing and planning for the Dec trip is going to be challenging so I'm trying to plan ahead a little to make things a bit easier.

Thanks, Shanna

Hi, I've been searching the forums for an answer to this question, without results, and hope someone on this thread can help.

On our reservation it states that the 2bd villa sleeps 9 but we have to supply the bedding.
So my question is, what kind of bed do they "bring in", if that's the case, and what size bedding do I need to bring?

Thank you!
Shanna

Hi, you'll have to provide an air mattress for the 9th guest since BWV only has enough bedding for 8 in a 2 bedroom.

Have a great trip.

Not sure about the extra pillow and blanket but the resort are not supposed to provide any linens or a rollaway. You can bring any size sheets you want to use since you aren't using them on a rollaway, blow up mattress, etc provided by the resort. We were in a BWV 2 bedroom villa last summer. There were only 7 of us but my sister (DVC owner) slept in the master bedroom, my adult brother had the sofa sleeper alone and my family of 5 (3 kids) slept in the second bedroom. We had a folding camping cot for my teenage son that we set up. We drove to Florida so it wasn't difficult for us to provide but I have read of others bringing blow up mattresses in luggage that they brought on a plane. In past trips when my kids were smaller we have had them sleep in pop up type play tents and we padded the bottom of the tent. We have also used the sofa sleeper cushions to make a "bed" on the floor.

Thank you!
Shanna

Ok, so when they say bedding they mean a bed AND linens? My idea of "bedding", is linens.

That's good to know. I think I'll just wait until our Dec trip to deal with that issue, depending on our total count.

Thanks so much for your quick replies!
Shanna

Yeah, I see exactly what you are saying. It would be so much clearer if they stated that no bed and no bedding would be provided for the 9th person.That should include towels for the 9th person too. That was not an issue for us since we had only 7 guests in the villa but needed an extra sleeping space. The resort should have pool and workout towels or you can pack an extra if needed. Or you can request an extra set of clean towels (for a fee). They did not even allow a 9th person in the villas but once BLT and AKLV and now OKW allowed 9 in the 2 bedrooms, they now allow 9 in all 2 bedroom villas (if booked through DVC) but don't provide bed/bedding in those that do not have the sleeper chair.

Ok, so when they say bedding they mean a bed AND linens? My idea of "bedding", is linens.

That's good to know. I think I'll just wait until our Dec trip to deal with that issue, depending on our total count.

Thanks so much for your quick replies!
Shanna

Yes, they could make that much clearer.

We are brand new BWV owners and I just assumed the 9th bed would be a sleeper chair, day-bed, or Murphy pull-down bed.
Or at the very least, a roll-away.
Well we still have young children so bringing a twin or child's Ez bed won't be a big deal.
Thanks, Shanna

The latest issue of All Ears had a blog entry on the new Boardwalk Bakery. It really looks to be greatly improved. Can't wait to see it in person in two weeks.

Yes, they could make that much clearer.

We are brand new BWV owners and I just assumed the 9th bed would be a sleeper chair, day-bed, or Murphy pull-down bed.
Or at the very least, a roll-away.
Well we still have young children so bringing a twin or child's Ez bed won't be a big deal.
Thanks, Shanna

Officially, the two bedroom villa just sleeps eight plus one under the age of three. But, DVC, for some reason, decided to allow a ninth person to occupy the room, but they do not provide anything for that ninth person. No bed, no bedding, no towels, nothing. So, if you choose to squeeze in an extra person who is not using the pack and play, you have to provide for the ninth person. When AKV and BLT was built, DVC added the twin sized sleeper chair. When OKW was renovated, they included the sleeper chair in that villa. But BCV, BWV, VWL and SSR are too small to include the sleeper chair in the living room.

I wish they would have just left the one bedroom villa at four persons and the two bedroom at eight.

If you book for cash through Disney Reservation Center, you cannot put nine people aged three and older in a two bedroom villa. Only with DVC.

The latest issue of All Ears had a blog entry on the new Boardwalk Bakery. It really looks to be greatly improved. Can't wait to see it in person in two weeks.
Aren't Jack Spence's blogs just terrific? For anyone who missed it, I posted links to information/photos of the new BW Bakery here:

http://www.disboards.com/showpost.php?p=48227711&postcount=3185

gometros: Hope you'll let us know what you think of it in a couple of weeks. Someone has to have that lobster roll;)

I'll be at BWV next thurs!!

see ya there - DD & i are arriving 5/7:cheer2:
just 6 more sleeps (5 sleeps if you consider i'm working 8AM to 10PM on monday, so will probably just go home to shower, change, and finish packing before our 6AM flight :faint:).

i'm really looking forward to relaxing :goodvibes

WDWKOOK said:
Aren't Jack Spence's blogs just terrific? For anyone who missed it, I posted links to information/photos of the new BW Bakery here:

gometros: Hope you'll let us know what you think of it in a couple of weeks. Someone has to have that lobster roll;)

I promise to take lots of pictures and I'll try to check out the lobster roll or at least last take a picture of it!

I still owe a picture I promised of the Boardwalk when it was being built. Of course since it was in the days before digital, I have to find it first :P

I may try the lobster roll! We'll be arriving on May 20th. This will be our first time staying in BWV. We've stayed at BWI a couple of times and absolutely love it.

I promise to take lots of pictures and I'll try to check out the lobster roll or at least last take a picture of it!

I still owe a picture I promised of the Boardwalk when it was being built. Of course since it was in the days before digital, I have to find it first :P

I may try the lobster roll! We'll be arriving on May 20th. This will be our first time staying in BWV. We've stayed at BWI a couple of times and absolutely love it.
Sandy and Penny, we are counting on you both for post-rehab BWB reviews. Go forth and conquer a lobster roll - do it for your thread:snooty:

WDWKOOK said:
Sandy and Penny, we are counting on you both for post-rehab BWB reviews. Go forth and conquer a lobster roll - do it for your thread:snooty:

I really wish the DIS app showed the emoticons. I doubt the :snooty: tag looks like it sounds ;-)

Talking about this and now tasked with this responsibility, I'm getting really excited for this trip. Two weeks can't go by fast enough. What's really great is the weekend before, we go down to D. C. for my youngest graduation from grad school, then come home and have one day to pack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter