Close to My Heart or Top of the Line Creations

eeyore29

DIS Veteran Wanna-Be
A friend wants to start a scrapbook/stamp-party business. She has narrowed it down to these two companies (she ruled out Creative Memories & Stampin Up because we're already friends with consultants of those 2). I've been looking around DIS for info on the 2 to help her make her choice. Anyone have any advice or feedback on either of these 2 companies (whether it's as a buyer or a seller)?

I've bought a lot of CTMH stuff. I've had no problems. :thumbsup2

My cousin is a CTMH consultant. I buy from her and she buys from me (I am a CM consult). I like their eyelets. I am not much into stamping though. She loves the stamps but hates their albums, thinks they are to cheap. She loves CM albums so its a win/win for both of us.

Their commission is a little less than CM but I don't remember how much.

TLC is nice because of the low minimums!
and you only HAVE to order every 6 months -
thanks forthe reminder I am due ;)

I'd go with CTMH ~~ very high quality products. Although I'm not into stamping, I do know from friends who use CTMH stamps that they are great to use. Lots of variety and nice, easy-to-use pages for beginners to get started.

I've never heard of Top of the Line - sorry. CTMH I'm VERY familiar with, much to my husbands dissapointment! LOVE pretty much everything from their line, especially the background & texture papers. I've been known to plan my children's clothing for pictures around those papers! I also really like their My Reflections Collections, which is paper and "my stickease" which are stickers. Love their embellishments too. I'm not fond of their linen albums, but love their leather/imitation albums, and their speciality albums. I like the stamps MUCH better now that they are acrylix, I don't really like rubber stamps. I've always had really good luck in dealing with my consultant too - she is very helpful and it seems that the company is decent. I don't know about commission, but I know she has a minimum of $300 per quarter to stay active, but they have a junior consultant program and I think that's $300 per year.

Let me know if there's anything else I can help with.

:thanks: all so much for your input. I will let her know what y'all said. She's leaning towards CTMH since I guess they have both stamping and scrapping supplies. She hasn't decided yet but I'm sure she'll appreciate everyone's advice...I told her that :disrocks: and you guys didn't let me down! :grouphug:

I'm a CTMH consultant and have been for 5 years. It's a great company with original ideas (acrylic stamps, the new Cherish scrapbooking program, etc.). The commission starts out at 22% right away and based on your monthly sales, you can earn up to 31% (give or take a percent). Plus it's not overly saturated like some other stamping/scrapbooking companies. (i.e., not every person on your street already sells it, lol)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter