Clearwater to Epcot?

Prose

DIS Veteran
I am headed to Clearwater Beach for a solo trip in June, and am thinking about driving to Epcot one day. Google Maps says its a little over 90 minutes - is that right? I'd be driving in early in the morning, leaving my hotel no later than 6 or 6:30am.

For those of you who live in the area, are there major construction delays I should be aware of that will extend into June? What is the toll situation? I am looking at the Toll Calculator on the state website, and the map doesn't seem to show any tolls on 4.

Any other travel tips? Thanks!

I am not current on the construction right now, but it does take about 90 minutes and you should not have any tolls going from Clearwater to Orlando. If you are traveling during a weekday, you might have some traffic as you get closer to Tampa, but once you are through there, you should not have too much trouble.

There's some construction on I-275 before it becomes I-4...looks like they're moving to a new road and it looked like it was getting close last month. The 90 minutes sounds about right, but if you leave in Tampa's morning rush hour, it could take a little longer.

No tolls on I-4.

Yes, we have stayed in Clearwater and then moved to Disney later in our trip and it is about 90 minutes. There really are no traffic issues except right around Tampa, but once you clear that it is a straight, easy shot with no tolls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter