• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Clearwater Beach???????

KimKE

Earning My Ears
Any info would be appreciated:
:cool:

In late Sept, we (Mom, Dad, Grandma, 4 yr old, 1 yr old) will be traveling to WDW then to the beach for 4 days. I am thinking the Clearwater Beach/Indian Rocks/Indian Shores area. Have never been there or in the Tampa area. Anyone know of a great place to stay? Anyone know if any hope of getting a condo for a good price for 4 nights? All info helpful
Thanks.
Kim

Well, I don't know of a condo in that area but the Sheraton Sandkey and the Tradewinds are both excellent resort hotels with a host of good facilities. Well worth a look. Check out www.floridasbeach.com for some more info on this area.

I don't know much about it, but some friends of ours stayed there and loved the area. Wish I could help you.

Was there years ago, have friends who go every summer....they love it...it is on the gulf side so surf isn't so rough....lots of space...and the tiny little"butterfly" sea shells were great to hunt for ...it'd be a good seashore experience for the little ones...and the sunsets? always gorgeous. Have fun.Anna

We are heading down this week and after much research decided on the holiday inn sunspree resort. With the entertainment discount it is 77 dollars a night. Its a great resort and right on the water (many are not). Have fun.
Scott

Scott-
If you don't mind, can you let me know how you enjoyed the Holiday Inn Sunspree?
Have a GREAT vacation.
Kim

I am not sure that this is what you are looking for but maybe it is an acceptable alternative?
We stayed at the Hilton right on Clearwater Beach in April and really enjoyed it. It is next to a large playground and walking distance to the pier. I think we paid $65 through priceline.
If you want to stay in a hotel and don't mind being a short drive to the beach, we also stayed at the Hyatt Regency Westshore on Courtney Campbell Causeway in Tampa. It is so beautiful. We really, really loved it there. Wonderful bellmen. Large comfy rooms. Plenty of spots in the large lobby to sit and have some quiet time. There is a lovely pool area with the most fragrant flowers, not a soul around but us the day we went out. There is also a nature trail going out to a gazebo overlooking the bay. The kids enjoyed watching the hermit crabs scamper by. Cute bunnies hopping around too. We paid $56. a night through priceline.
Its not a condo, but you could get 2 hotel rooms for decent money.
If you are tempted to use priceline and are not familiar with it you may want to pick up some tips by checking out http://www.biddingfortravel.com

I just came back from there in June....

DO NOT... I repeat... DO NOT stay at the Radisson Sand Key. They market it as a 4 or 5 star resort, and it is the absolute WORST hotel I've been to in years. The rooms are absolutly disgusting. As my wife said, it's Upkeep, not Housekeep that is the problem. I was pretty angry when the managers answer to the problem was "We can book you a room at the Sheraton."

HOWEVER... all is not lost.

The Sheraton Sand Key is AMAZING!!! The beach is great, the restaurants are amazing, the people are soooooo nice. If you are lucky, you can get a gulf view room on the 8th floor, and see the most amazing sunset!!!

Keep an eye out for dolphins near the beach... we saw them a few times.

The Don Cesar resort at St Pete Beach is the best resort we have ever stayed at. Pricey, but worth it :) !

The Don CeSar is an amazing place. But if you're looking for a condo, try its sister property the Beach House Suites www.beachhousesuites.com .

Our favorite spot along the Gulf Coast is John's Pass Village in Madeira Beach, its a short drive south of Clearwater/St Petes. There's a nice restaurant on the wharf for lunch, and a lot of nice boutique shopping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter