clearwater beach - holiday inn

mrsboz

DIS Veteran
We've changed our plans yet again. We are going to Clearwater Beach - Holiday Inn. I find Holiday Inn rates so confusing. They offer many different ways to get "the best deal" it goes from free breakfast or free parking or free points. I am so confused as to what the best rate actually is..... does anyone have any knowledge as to how to find the best rate? My head is spinning. Thx.

We've changed our plans yet again. We are going to Clearwater Beach - Holiday Inn. I find Holiday Inn rates so confusing. They offer many different ways to get "the best deal" it goes from free breakfast or free parking or free points. I am so confused as to what the best rate actually is..... does anyone have any knowledge as to how to find the best rate? My head is spinning. Thx.

I know what you mean. I used to be a travel agent & can tell you they usually do get the best rates for advance planning. You might want to price it with an agent & then see what you find online. There are some good websites (I like Kayak, but there are plenty) that can get you good price comparisons. Most places in FL have free breakfast & free parking, so I wouldn't worry about that. Besides, "free breakfast" is usually little more than cold cereal, sugary yogurts & instant oatmeal, cereal bars & brown bananas ... & gets really old after about 3 or 4 days, when you end up going off site for some real food. It doesn't hurt, though, it's just not all that valuable unless that is what you like for breakfast every day. (Some people do & that's ok!)

Full disclosure here: I find my time so much more valuable than my money. I would rather spend an extra $15 per night for a few nights than spend multiple hours pulling out my hair trying to find out how to save that $15! And I am a bargain shopper... I just have my limits. :earboy2:

One more thing: if you are staying on Clearwater to go to Disney, please know that Clearwater is about 2 hours away from Orlando.

HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME!!!

Hi Idarcy:

We are going to stay at Holiday Inn upon recommendation of a friend. Their rates are multiple though, so it's hard to pick. If I get the ahead rate, which is the best price it is 26.60 a night cheaper, but non refundable. They all charge to park because they are right down on the beach. You have convinced me not to get the breakfast though - just by your description - so thanks I won't get that.

We won't be going to Disney because we were just there for 11 days in March, but thanks for the suggestion.

Hi Idarcy:

We are going to stay at Holiday Inn upon recommendation of a friend. Their rates are multiple though, so it's hard to pick. If I get the ahead rate, which is the best price it is 26.60 a night cheaper, but non refundable. They all charge to park because they are right down on the beach. You have convinced me not to get the breakfast though - just by your description - so thanks I won't get that.

We won't be going to Disney because we were just there for 11 days in March, but thanks for the suggestion.

Oh, ok. I see your plan. I would ask what breakfast is before you positively decide against it, but, yeah, never worth it for me unless they make made-to-order breakfast.

Have fun!

Watch for the extra fees in Clearwater (ie: parking, water) If you want a quaint CLEAN hotel that is really reasonable try Sea Captain on the Bay. Right across the street f

When we stay at the Holiday Inn Panama City Beach, the breakfast is VERY good. It's a big buffet with lots of hot food options, plus an omelette station. This is one of their "resort" hotels though. Not sure what the case is at Clearwater, but it's worth a second look.

I was at the Holiday Inn at Clearwater Beach in 2010. I don't know if it is the same breakfast that you are being offered, but they had a nice restaurant with a very good buffet or table service. We actually paid to eat there the 3 mornings we stayed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter