Cleaning melted gummies...ugh

Discussion in 'Community Board' started by vettechick99, Jun 19, 2013.

1. vettechick99

vettechick99 <font color=purple>Why do I open these threads?<br

DH and I went to Bass Pro and he bought some Peach Rings. We ate a few and he left the bag, out of sight, in my glovebox. Anyway, as you can imagine the rings melted all over. :rolleyes1 So I have this sticky mess in my glovebox and it's time to clean it out. 3 years later.

I tried Goo Gone and it didn't touch it. Now I'm freezing it with a bag of ice, but I can't seem to get it cold enough in all parts. Any other ideas?

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. jen0610

jen0610 DIS Veteran

Hand Kory a small chisle and hammer and tell him have at it. ;)

The ice thing may be the best way to go, it'll just be a slow process of freezing a small section at a time.

And by the way, just look at how big the girls have gotten. Those are two beautiful little girls!

4. SandrA9810

SandrA9810 DIS Veteran

Take a razor blade and try to slice out little chunks. I'm assuming it's a solid rock by now.

If it's still sticky, try wadding paper towels on top and heating it with a blow dryer. It'll be slow work either way.

5. Costumesaremylife

Costumesaremylife <font color=purple>If someone's baking. I'm eating

You might be able to freeze it better with air in a can. Then you could scrape it out.

6. wdwmom0f3

wdwmom0f3 Thankful my embarrassing tag is gone!

Just had to say that your girls have really grown!! They are so adorable! :goodvibes

Good luck with your glove box!!

7. monkeyboy

monkeyboy <font color=purple>Strangely fascinated by zombies

Like most just lick it till its off

8. Scrappy_Tink

Scrappy_Tink DIS Veteran

It's already been there 3 years....why bother now? :rotfl:

Reminds me of a trip I went on with my boys. I'd bought them both gummy bears for treats in the car. We'd stopped at a rest stop, and looked in the back seat, and the stupid things were EVERYWHERE. I'm yelling at them, flinging them out of the car...."I. Will. Never. Buy. You. Gummy. Bears. Again!!" then we went into the rest stop.

Anyway, we got back, and my sons start laughing, and pointing at the car next to ours. Evidently in my flinging, many of the gummy bears had stuck on the car parked next to ours. :scared: Those things are evil!!