Cleaning fleece garments

disneydreamersx4

DIS Veteran
Anyone else have a problem with getting fleece sweaters clean of hair? My DH says I don't know how to get them clean and I have to agree. Any advice out there :confused3

ours usually come out perfectly clean after washing them in the washing machine. :confused3 I guess I've never really had trouble with hair sticking to them. Maybe your washing machine isn't working right?

I had lunch with my swim coach once and there was hair in his fleece shirt. I know his wife and she cleans his stuff well so I'm assuming it didn't come out in the wash. I think it comes to good quality, maybe? I don't have a problem with it with the fleece we have. We have Shahalie, Land's End and White Tail (from REI) brands.

I tape roller the heck out of them before I wash them and I only wash fleece with fleece, no other clothes. Then I tape roller them again after I take them out of the dryer. Even then I still once had to just throw out a pair of pants because of the cat hair on them.

I don't think it's my machine because that's fairly new. My DH uses the tape roller but doesn't like to still thinks I don't wash it right? Maybe it's something about the quality of the fleece :confused3 I see I'm not the only one with this problem though so I can tell him that, thanks!

I've noticed that fleece can sometimes lose its "smoothness" and get little balls that hair can get knotted around. I now wash my fleece inside out from day 1 to try to prevent it from getting roughed up. I also make sure not to throw it in with heavy jeans.

I wash, use the tape roller and treat with anti static spray.

I do have some fleece that tend to be more clingy, not quite sure why. May be the difference in the quality of the fleece. :confused3

Are you talking about people hair or pet hair?
Do you use fabric softener in the wash? Vinegar? That could help. I also only wash fleece with fleece or other light fabrics, and I use the gentle cycle.

Are you talking about people hair or pet hair?
Do you use fabric softener in the wash? Vinegar? That could help. I also only wash fleece with fleece or other light fabrics, and I use the gentle cycle.

Maybe that is the difference. I use Tide with Bleach, and Downy fabric softner. I wash my fleece with like colors (usually darks) on warm normal speed. I don't know that quality really makes a difference. I have some fleece from Old Navy, which I wouldn't call high quality, but have never had the hair issue.

I made the mistake of purchasing black North Face Denali jackets.....and we have a WHITE dog and I have blonde hair!!!

I asked my hairdresser if she had a trick for removing hair and she said "No, but if you find one, I'll invest heavily!"

IME not all fleece is created equal in warmth and hair stickiness and it does not matter how you wash it. I have some that no hair ever sticks to it, or if it does comes right out in the wash. I have other fleece items that were worn once and are so embedded with animal and people hair I could never wear it in public again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter