CLEAN Disneyland hotel

You can't have carpeted rooms where people walk right out of the park and off the street onto the carpet and expect to walk on it in white socks that stay spotless. That's not realistic anywhere.
This! I also think that hotels with interior hallways will have cleaner carpet in the rooms because guests have to walk a ways inside the hotel, then down a carpeted hallway, thus distributing most of the grime in the hotel's common areas before stepping into the room. Just a theory :)

We just stayed at the Days Inn & Suites Anaheim at Disneyland Park, located at 1111 S. Harbor. We booked a non-refundable rate about 3 months out and paid just over $300 for five nights. We decided to add a night a month later and the rate had gone up. It is a 15 minute walk, or you can take a shuttle that departs usually every 30 minutes- but you are expected to tip. The rooms are clean and includes breakfast & parking. The breakfast is bare bones- 3 cereals, oatmeal packets, 2 breads, yogurt, bananas, juice, milk, butter spread, peanut butter, jelly, and folded egg things with cheese in the middle. It is an older hotel with two stories and no elevator; but all we did was sleep there, so it was fine.

Candy Cane Inn you have to book through their website or call them. It's clean and comfortable, but I would say HoJos is even more so.

The CCI's advantages over the HoJo (in our opinion) are free continental breakfast (generous), premium rooms (amenities and breakfast delivered to the room), and a private shuttle that runs on time. The CCI is also located right by 2 convenience stores (ABC Mart and 7-11, and there is a 24/7 CVS across Katella) for easy access to snacks, beverages, and sundries. HoJo has a better pool, if that is a consideration.

This! I also think that hotels with interior hallways will have cleaner carpet in the rooms because guests have to walk a ways inside the hotel, then down a carpeted hallway, thus distributing most of the grime in the hotel's common areas before stepping into the room. Just a theory :)
That's what I think too. It's sort of like putting out a welcome mat, except in a private home people will wipe their feet. At a hotel you have to do it for them.

We usually stay at the Worldmark too,, they have another property on Harbor called Dolphins Cove.. we stayed there two years ago,, it was a good hotel.. not as new as the worldmark , but just as clean.. they also do regular hotel so you don't need to be an owner to stay there..
We stayed at dolphins cove in 2013. I was really disappointed as I was expecting true Worldmark quality & it was dirty!

We usually stay at the Hilton or Red Lion. Both are really close to the Toy Story Parking Shuttle, the Red Lion is literally next door, and makes it easy to get to the parks.

This is very subjective because ANY HOTEL can be "dirty". What does dirty mean to you ?

Working in a hotel we had guests that felt a speck a dust missed or a random dust bunny behind the bed was "dirty" - so it can definitely be a perspective type thing.
The other thing is if you dig deep enough of any property from Ritz Carlton to Motel 6 every property in the known world will have at least one "dirty room" review - this is just reality. Reviews and research are best for giving an overall impression and I can with utmost certainty say even Worldmark likely has it's issues too.

I always hate how some use their socks to determine if a hotel is a clean or not. Do you realize how long a room has to be out of commission - meaning not able to be sold - to shampoo and deep clean ? Anywhere from 24 hours to a few days. In a resort area such as Anaheim that isn't very feasible often. While I understand if you have young kids who may be crawling around it's more of a concern , I highly doubt everyone also deep cleans their carpets at home on a daily or weekly basis on average. Vacuums only bring up the bare surface layer and cannot be solely blamed.

Think about it this way - Thousands of people travel internationally to different regions including Anaheim on a constant basis.
There is absolutely no way to ensure anywhere will live up to your standards or ever not be ideal ( Including Worldmark)

I advise going over the suggestions here and seeing what suits your needs best , but worrying constantly about the condition will not help.
If you ever check into a room you aren't satisfied with , just let the front desk know in a respectful manner ( ideally in person) . Any property worth it's salt will try to assist you and amend the issues.
The worst thing is when people complain about issues but only as they check out or leave when we could have helped before to make their stay enjoyable.

We stay at the Fairfield each December and never had a "dirty socks" issue on our trips. The rooms have always been clean and I agree w/ another poster that we prefer how they make the blanket/bedcover up between two sheets, keeping the bed very clean for guests. Plus, this might be good news for any travelers who sleep hot. Their bedding is lightweight and rarely makes me sweat.

I love HoJo's! Their service is awesome, I love the Mid-Century Style, and I find it to be very clean. Also, if you spring for a park view room, you can watch fireworks from your balcony. We are staying at the new Courtyard starting this next Thursday (it's owned by the same people). I can't wait! I'd give either one a try if it fits in your budget.

I've stayed at stovalls, super 8, del sol, Americas best value inn, we own Worldmark so we've done that a lot but I enjoy walking to Disneyland and Worldmark requires so many points that I would rather use them for other locations. I think we've stayed at Fairfield inn before ..... It must have been nice because I don't remember. I'm a little gun shy as I know some of the properties across the street from the main gate can be gross.

Any feedback on Howard Johnsons?

Hojo is our preferred hotel near disney and we have always found it to be clean! Most trips we have 2 rooms and have never had a complaint about the cleanliness!

The Candy Cane, Marriott Springhill Suites, Fairfield Inn. All nice and closer walk than onsite.
Any hotel can be dirty, you cannot live in a bubble, or wait for Anthony from Hotel Impossible to come and save the day! ( Kidding )

--Lori

How did you book the candy cane? On the website it's looks very nice with nice amenities. I'm not seeing it on booking websites.
CCI rooms are nice and clean. It is a great hotel. But I believe all of their rooms are maxed out with five individuals and you are a party of six. (The rooms are not very large and even with five, they are quite "cozy.")

No
Sort of 'off topic', but when I first read the title of this thread:
CLEAN Disneyland hotel
I thought the OP was saying the Disneyland Hotel needed to be cleaned! o_O :rolleyes:
, lol!! I'm looking for a really clean offsite hotel within a 10 minute walk.

Any one stay at stovalls bw lately?

This is very subjective because ANY HOTEL can be "dirty". What does dirty mean to you ?

Working in a hotel we had guests that felt a speck a dust missed or a random dust bunny behind the bed was "dirty" - so it can definitely be a perspective type thing.
The other thing is if you dig deep enough of any property from Ritz Carlton to Motel 6 every property in the known world will have at least one "dirty room" review - this is just reality. Reviews and research are best for giving an overall impression and I can with utmost certainty say even Worldmark likely has it's issues too.

I always hate how some use their socks to determine if a hotel is a clean or not. Do you realize how long a room has to be out of commission - meaning not able to be sold - to shampoo and deep clean ? Anywhere from 24 hours to a few days. In a resort area such as Anaheim that isn't very feasible often. While I understand if you have young kids who may be crawling around it's more of a concern , I highly doubt everyone also deep cleans their carpets at home on a daily or weekly basis on average. Vacuums only bring up the bare surface layer and cannot be solely blamed.

Think about it this way - Thousands of people travel internationally to different regions including Anaheim on a constant basis.
There is absolutely no way to ensure anywhere will live up to your standards or ever not be ideal ( Including Worldmark)

I advise going over the suggestions here and seeing what suits your needs best , but worrying constantly about the condition will not help.
If you ever check into a room you aren't satisfied with , just let the front desk know in a respectful manner ( ideally in person) . Any property worth it's salt will try to assist you and amend the issues.
The worst thing is when people complain about issues but only as they check out or leave when we could have helped before to make their stay enjoyable.
What I mean by dirty is .... Walls having junk on them, chunks of food & garbage between the wall & mini fridge. Hair in bathroom. Mold in bathroom. Towels that are thin, scratchy & stained. I'm not talking dust. I don't so much care about my socks but when things are this filthy I'm not happy. I realize the hotels are used, used and more used. But I just want to find one I can trust to be kept up every time. I've only had a problem at Worldmark once in 13 yrs and they switched things for me. If it were a maintenance issue I would for sure ask for it to be fixed but I can't really say ..... Bring some bleach in here & scrub for crying out loud! I wasn't wanting an argument about hotel cleaning. Just wanted honest disers opinions on your experiences as we all go to this area so much.

What I mean by dirty is .... Walls having junk on them, chunks of food & garbage between the wall & mini fridge. Hair in bathroom. Mold in bathroom. Towels that are thin, scratchy & stained. I'm not talking dust. I don't so much care about my socks but when things are this filthy I'm not happy. I realize the hotels are used, used and more used. But I just want to find one I can trust to be kept up every time. I've only had a problem at Worldmark once in 13 yrs and they switched things for me. If it were a maintenance issue I would for sure ask for it to be fixed but I can't really say ..... Bring some bleach in here & scrub for crying out loud! I wasn't wanting an argument about hotel cleaning. Just wanted honest disers opinions on your experiences as we all go to this area so much.
I would go with a Marriott property. The Springhill Suites are new, and nice. The Residence Inn's, the Fairfield. Marriott will make things right, if they are not already!

MHO

--Lori

Any one stay at stovalls bw lately?

Lots of people here stay there. Especially for the rundisney events, since it's close-ish to the start line if I'm thinking of the right one. I've never heard anything bad about it until you mentioned them in the first post.

Just wanted honest disers opinions on your experiences

So...when people say that, it makes me feel like you're saying that *all the past posts you've read about hotels*, you feel are dishonest. So you're asking here "OK be honest with me", but we haven't told lies before. :) There's tons of info here about just about any hotel you can think of, and a lot of it is positive.

I've never encountered anything like what you are describing, apart from scratchy towels (and since I don't use fabric softener at home, should you ever stay at my home you'll have relatively scratchy towels LOL), at any disneyland-area hotel.

And experiences are moments in time. We, for instance, have had terrific hotel experiences at Anabella. Some other Dis'ers, who are telling their stories, have had negative experiences. Neither of us are being more or less honest than the other, we just have had different experiences. (my takeaway is to make sure you're in a closer-to-the-front, NOT all-the-way-in-the-back, room at Anabella)

Now, if you're looking at TripAdvisor, those people are weird LOL. Especially about Disneyland-area hotels. They have the weirdest complaints...I've never believed them at TA and I won't use them to make up my mind about a place.

Just to clarify - my question was rhetorical - basically trying to say only you know what it dirty to you , and regardless of what property you choose the possibility will always be there.
I suppose my point was set realistic expectations in regards to the property you choose. Most hotels don't use fabric softener for their towels because it affects absorbency and long term wear so even the "best" hotels may have towels you don't like.
See my point though..how easy it can be to find things "wrong" ?

Like bumbershoot put it best , these are all real experiences and opinions but one person can love a hotel and the next absolutely hate it. Annabella is my example as I stayed once and that was enough.
For me it was due to space and location reasons but others have had other concerns too. The newer the hotel the better chance of it meeting your needs likely or the full service hotels.

Granted I've heard great things about HoJo , Park Vue Inn and Fairfield and one of my favorites is Castle Inn but I know some DISers completely hate it and their view is just as valid.
There's just no absolute way to gurantee anything - my advice is make a list of things most important to you and try to narrow it down.

This year, our family has gone to DL twice and stayed in 2 different Best Westerns. The following is my personal experience for the specific days and in the specific room that we stayed in. Your mileage may vary.

In June, we stayed at the BW Plus Pavilions. It was just for 1 night. Personally, I thought that the room and the property were both VERY VERY clean. The room was carpeted. No mold in the bathroom or elsewhere but then again, I didn't go through the room with a magnifying glass. I consider myself to be pretty picky about clean hotel rooms and I was impressed with the cleanliness of this room. It was walking distance to the park entrance...about 10-15 min depending on how fast you walk.

Two weeks ago, we stayed at BW Stovall's for 4 nights. This is a sister property to the BW Plus Pavilions. BW Stovall's was just as clean as our stay in June at BW Pavilions. I mean....CLEAN! Carpeted floors in this room, too. I would totally stay at both of these properties again. No mold or other things growing anywhere. Everything was very clean, well kept, picked up, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter