• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Claustrophobia and the Aquaduck

DreamCruiser100

ARGHHHH........A Disney life for me!!!
I have mild claustrophobia, wondering if any suffers have had issues on the Aquaduck since it is inclosed?

I thought I would be okay and I was not :scared1: After I was already on my way down I had a bit of a panic about getting stuck in the dark tunnel part. I figured I could survive anything for a second but hadn't considered getting stuck. Of course I did not get stuck, but I will not be going on it next cruise.

I've had claustrophobia issues with various Disney rides and did fine on the Aquaduck. I'm trying to think of some examples...waiting area in the Tree of Life before It's Tough to be a Bug, Nemo ride in Disneyland. The Aquaduck was so fast and the enclosed part wasn't the whole ride, so it really wasn't a problem. I say try it once! :thumbsup2

I thought I would be okay and I was not :scared1: After I was already on my way down I had a bit of a panic about getting stuck in the dark tunnel part. I figured I could survive anything for a second but hadn't considered getting stuck. Of course I did not get stuck, but I will not be going on it next cruise.

I didn't know there was a dark part! I love slides, but won't go down one if it's pitch dark. Can you describe that part for me, was there plenty of light to see or is it completely dark?

I didn't know there was a dark part! I love slides, but won't go down one if it's pitch dark. Can you describe that part for me, was there plenty of light to see or is it completely dark?

During the day, you can see the whole ride through. There are no dark areas. But riding it at night, it might get dark in the tunnels. I didn't ride it at night so not sure.

I am definitely claustrophobic but did not feel claustrophobic on this ride at all. I also don't like pitch black rides because it makes me feel claustrophobic but didn't feel that way at all on the aquaduck. I actually loved it and rode it twice. Would have rode it more but the lines were too long.

i've been wondering about this too!

but i'm still going to ride it at least once just to see - i'm hoping i love it despite the long tube!!! :goodvibes

I only went at night and it was dark in the part where it passes through the stack. It was a quick part but it was my fear of getting stuck there that freaked me out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter