Classic / Historic Must-Dos

Thanks everyone so much! I've been to Disneyland a few times and am just trying to create a "classic" itinerary. (We also have a "thrilling" itinerary for DH... hahaha.) These ideas are fantastic! And thank you so much for the book suggestions. I read a lot and these are great additions to my TBR lists...
Well....I am always one to push the conspiracy theory that Snow White was a 100% hands on attraction by walt.....that eventually project manners told him...that if you intended to build every waiting in line area...we are going to be years behind. There is so much detail while you wait for Snow White, that if you don't wait over 10 mintues you miss all the tiny details...how many tools, what is carved on the bench, what is holding up the roof, how money in the wishing well, the golden apple....then the kitchen, just crammed full of detail, the best 10 feet of attraction detail at Disneyland......I always ride 3-5 times to refresh my memory on how walt wanted all of disneyland to look like the opening area of the attraction....but he ran out of time and we got Toad and the wooden puppet attractions instead.

Toon Town, go walk thru and look at everything, go thru Mickey and Minnie's houses, check out Donald's boat, and ride the rides. It is Classic Disney!:hyper2:

Another fun idea could be recreating photos from Walt’s era in modern times. Shots of Walt on Main Street are the easiest to recreate, but there are plenty of others as well that were taken in places any of us still have access to.
Just make sure to do the "Disney Point" where you use two fingers where they airbrushed out his cigarette

Carthay CIrcle does a tour right around when they open. It's SUPER informative. I've done it a couple times, and NOT to be missed IMHO.

I don't know if you have a budget (LOL... budget... and DIsneyland), but 21 Royal lets you dine in what was to be Walt's family suite in the park since he outgrew the studio over the Firestation.

If you are local to SoCal, I might also recommend this:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/m...of-walts-la-and-some-phoenix-history.3538887/
Marty has since passed sadly, but Bob is CRUSHING life like no other.

Not local at all but we can pass on the info to others; thank you!

I think you need to 'get' the beauty of disneyland.

My recommendation is at any given time at any place (except maybe not the restroom) to just take a deep breath and realize what a beautiful place disneyland is, and how lucky you are to have this moment.
Not trying to be silly here, but I think the bathrooms are actually some pretty neat places in DLR and WDW because the tiles are all on-theme with whichever land you are in at the time. I started taking my girls to Disney when they were very young, and we spent plenty of time in the bathrooms getting them into princess dresses (or out of hot princess dresses and back into shorts!) and so forth. I love to see how they incorporate the theme of a land into the tile work. Of course, I never take any photos on the bathroom so I can’t show this, but I’m sure a quick google search would show some good examples. And there is the Rapunzel bathroom in WDW which is a lot of fun on the outside and inside!

Summary: Even the bathrooms at Disney can bring out the magic!

Here is a site that has some photos: https://disneybathrooms-blog.tumblr.com/

Last edited:
If you want to get out and about (so its not a Disneyland attraction) you could visit the Griffith Park Merry Go Round. The Carousel is said to have inspired Walt to create Disneyland.
Another good suggestion; thank you!

Not trying to be silly here, but I think the bathrooms are actually some pretty neat places in DLR ...
Summary: Even the bathrooms at Disney can bring out the magic!
Ok, This is going to sound weird, but the bathrooms have figured into a recurring nostalgic moment for me for a couple years.

First, let me explain that my love for Disneyland was kindled 65 years ago. It was 1956, I was 5. My dad took me to this amazing place called Disneyland and I went every year after that. In my college years in the late 60's I would often play "hookey" and drop into Disneyland for part of a day. Back then it was about $13 for admission and a small ticket book (A, B, C, D, E) for rides. I was by myself and would often just soak in the atmosphere. Later came my family of 2 daughters and we brought them up to love Disneyland too. Many family trips. Often 5 days in the park. I haven't been able to go every year like when I was younger, but still do it every chance I get.

So this brings me to the bathrooms. Over the last couple of years at the place where I work I would use the bathrooms and after washing my hands I would use the air hand dryer. A strange nostalgic memory of drying my hands in the bathrooms at Disneyland would come over me and for a few moments I would imagine myself in Disneyland just finishing up in the bathroom (usually the one near the New Orleans train station in my imagination) and about to emerge into the rest of a beautiful day in the park.

Now, is that a strange trigger, or what?

I think whatever brings you joy! I think the bathrooms are well thought out and pretty cool if you are paying attention while in DLR! Can’t wait to be back washing my hands in that wonderful, magical place!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter