Class gift for 1st grade teacher

You're an engineer and you punch a time clock?
"Punch" no, but because we do government contracts yes we have to report all of our time worked... down to 6 minute increments to comply with government time reporting laws.

I have worked at other businesses that didn't require me to keep a time card, but here because I'm working on 5-6 different contracts during a day, and have a few tasks that aren't contract chargable that go into an overhead budget I do have to.

Oh and one other note that is different from a punch time card...
Punch time cards would say something like today I showed up at 7:45 and worked until X time.
Our timecards just say I worked on X task for 2 hours and Y task for 3... They don't care if I did that work at midnight, 7 AM or 30 min 4 times during the day

When my daughter was in school, we were never asked to contribute to a class gift. If we had been, I would have thought that $20 was too much.

My budget for teacher gifts was always $5-$10. $5 most of the time, $10 for a teacher that my daughter really loved.

Just because they are asking for $20, you aren't obligated to give that much, or any at all.

Last year my son's school started a new policy that forbids teachers gifts for holidays. There were a lot of concerns about gifts having an affect on grades. When I first heard about it I thought it was silly, but then I heard what some people were giving as gifts and holy cow!

They do allow a handmade end of year gift and our classes have done scrap books where each kid does a page and one did a backyard stone where each kid painted their handprint (honestly don't know how much people want that either).

I'm also in Bergen County. My kids are not in elementary anymore, but when they were, and I was class mom, if I did a class gift, I always asked for $10 each.
Most years I didn't bother because it was a pain to remind and to collect.
If other class moms asked I always gave the $10.
If there were no class gifts, I gave a $25 gift card at Christmas and June. Except my son's 4th grade year, that teacher got $50 and $50 because he was beyond awesome to those kids.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter