Class action lawsuit for 30% discount?

Dopey420

DIS Veteran
I have been offline for a couple of weeks. Did anyone else get the notice about a class action lawsuit for people who bought a package through the WDW website? You have a choice of options but one of them is a (one time)30% discount off rack rates for any length of stay.

Dopey420 said:
I have been offline for a couple of weeks. Did anyone else get the notice about a class action lawsuit for people who bought a package through the WDW website? You have a choice of options but one of them is a (one time)30% discount off rack rates for any length of stay.

I think that was because of people that werent paying attention and ordered the vacation protection saying they didnt know they got it(through the website)... of course, I read when I book my vacations.... :rolleyes:

They'll let anyone sue for anything these days. If that was the reason, it is on there in black and white. What are they going to say next, I didn't realize that I hadn't checked off the hopper box on the site and could only go to one park a day.

Actually, the notice said that from 1999 through 12/31/2003, there was not a way to opt out of the vacation protection if you clicked on everything yourself. They fixed the web design.

I will happily take the discount. It is a good thing they do let you sue for things like this because big corporations will rip you off anytime they can. For example, almost everytime I go to a big grocery chain, they charge me a different price at the register than was advertised on the shelf. Unluckily for them, I check my receipt carefully. Most have a policy that you get the item for free if it is wrongly priced. I love it when I get a $15 bag of dog food free.

Honestly, I get something free every 2nd trip to the grocery. CHECK THOSE RECEIPTS! :cool1:

That is strange. When I have checked reservations in the past and made some package ones that I cancelled, I was always able to opt out of the insurance.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter