Clarion Universal review 10-11-02 to 10-13-02

WebmasterBarry

DIS Veteran
So many people on these boards have been asking about the Clarion Universal, so I decided to stay there. I booked the hotel on the DIS and got a rate of $49 a night.

The hotel is in a good location on Universal Blvd. It’s across the street from Wet N Wild. Skull Kingdom on International Drive is a short walk away. Universal Orlando is less than a mile away. It was a 5-minute drive from the hotel to Universal Orlando.

The rooms all had interior corridors. The hotel was in a T shape. My room was 647, which faced Universal Blvd. I could see Wet N Wild’s huge pond and some of their rides. I saw Universal’s rides in the distance. I saw Dueling Dragons, the Hulk, Dr. Doom’s Fearfall, and Ripsaw Falls from my hotel room.

The room itself was pretty roomy. A family of four could stay in the room comfortably. The carpet was nice, even with its shade of green. The room was very clean. The shower, toilet, and TV worked fine. The beds were comfy, but seemed kind of short for me (remember, I’m over six feet tall!). A good thing about the room was that it had two sinks – one in the bathroom and one outside. It’s good to have two because you know the whole family is going to try to get ready at the same time every morning! Overall, it was a quality room.

The lobby area has a restaurant with a morning all-you-can-eat buffet for $6.95. The buffet included one beverage. Everything was self-serve, even the drinks. The buffet had a nice, but small, spread. It was lacking in fresh fruits. The plates were pretty huge! Other buffets would give plates so small that if you put two pancakes on it, there was no room for anything else. You could put two pancakes on these huge plates and have room left over for eggs.

The lobby area also had a bakery/deli with pastries, coffee, and other assorted sundries. A small ticket booth sold discount tickets and tried to sucker people into a timeshare presentation. There’s a small Enterprise office in the hotel too. If you need to rent a car for a trip to the Space Coast, drop by the office.

The hotel also had a shuttle, which I didn't really look into. The hotel is right off the Lynx bus route. I saw a bus at the bus stop that was going to Universal.

Overall, I thought that the hotel was very good and well worth the $49 rate. I had no problems with anything at the Clarion Universal. I’d definitely stay there again.

Thanks for the review Barry, sounds like we will enjoy our stay in 13 days time:)

Are there any restaurants within walking distance of the hotel?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter