Clarion - Please tell me I didn't do something crazy (Hotel choice)

BlueBayou

Following the magic
For this trip we are decided to use reward point for the hotel. So our choices were very limited. After watching one of the options I was going back and forth on disappear - we just booked something without much research. Just a quick search on DIS.

It is the Clarion Anaheim Hotel. I understand ART stops there or you can walk across the street to the Toy Story lot.

Has anybody stayed there? What was your experience.

(we are DL vets. All three on property hotels plus HOJO, Desert Inn and Suites, Camelot, Candy Cane Inn, Tropicana and Best Western Park Inn)

For this trip we are decided to use reward point for the hotel. So our choices were very limited. After watching one of the options I was going back and forth on disappear - we just booked something without much research. Just a quick search on DIS.

It is the Clarion Anaheim Hotel. I understand ART stops there or you can walk across the street to the Toy Story lot.

Has anybody stayed there? What was your experience.

(we are DL vets. All three on property hotels plus HOJO, Desert Inn and Suites, Camelot, Candy Cane Inn, Tropicana and Best Western Park Inn)

I personally have never stayed there, but here is a review link that you can read I hope this helps answer your question. :banana:http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...voCIBQ&usg=AFQjCNGQ6tInUwX7Lh3wV0u-QJrpyNrvNQ

We've stayed there twice before and it was fine.

The place isn't fancy or upmarket but I felt comfortable and safe staying there.

We used to walk to Disneyland in the morning and catch ART back at night.

The rooms were clean and the beds were ok. Staff were lovely.

:thumbsup2 We have stayed there several times and have enjoyed our stay. It has been comfortable, clean and very quiet. Not to mention it saves us some $ to spend at DL! We cross the street to the Toy Story parking lot to take the bus into the park. Overnight parking was $12. I don't know if it is still that cuz it's been a year since we stayed there last. We did have breakfast in their restaruant one morning and we didn't care for it much. We will eat out somewhere else next time. But there is an IHOP across the street.

We stayed there a couple of years ago - found it very dated, nothing special. We have just come home from spending 6 nights at the Red Lion which is across the street - got the room for $89 through Dreams RES (see above) and wouldn't stay anywhere else now. Newly renovated, large rooms with beautiful pool area. ART stops right outside the front door.

I just wanted to add that although I have not stayed there personally, I bought a trip for my son through Get Away Today and they give you one night free. We paid $704 for the hotel and two 3 day passes. I plan on getting just the hotel room through them next summer. Oh, and my son said it was fine. They walked across the street and used the Toy Story Parking Lot bus.

We will be staying here over the Labor Day weekend. DIL booked it as a part of her 1/2 Marathon Package. Looking forward to it, we don't need fancy, just comfortable.

I've stayed there before. I reallly liked the refridge and micro that had been in our room. The pool was a good size. The staff was great. Food, eh ok. Overall a great stay. The only negative was the parking fee. Our parking was included but the guests who came to visit us had to pay. I would stay there again if it weren't for that since we have CA family who always come to visit.

Stayed there at New Year's.We decided to go down for Rose Bowl midway through December so options were limited It was clean and beds were comfortable. Biggest drawback is distance from parks. It is walkable but we do so much walking in the parks, I really like to have short trek back to hotel. I would recommend walking over to Toy Story Lot as I think that transport more reliable than ART. Dont eat there at hotel. Not in my top ten places to stay near DLR but nothing happened where I would refuse to stay here again.

We have now added my mother with limited mobility to our res. We are renting a scooter for her from Deckert's. This could be interesting ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter