Clarion Hotel or Quality Inn & Suites Maingate?

KelliLee702

Anything can happen if you let it.
Please help me choose between

Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort on Convention Way
(I have not read good things about this hotel)

-OR-

Quality Inn & Suites Maingate on 871 S. Harbor Blvd.
(This hotel has better reviews. But is it too far to walk with teenagers?)

The price is not the issue.
Which property is clean, friendly, and has the best location?
We are staying in mid December.

Thank you

Last edited:
Please help me choose between

-OR-

The price is not the issue. Which property is clean, friendly, and has the best location?
We are staying in mid December.

Thank you
We stayed at Clarion our first trip several years ago, I was not happy with our stay, the knobs on our heat/ac were broke off the curtains were torn and stained the walk was pretty long, there is ART in front, we did book thru GetAwayToday.com and got free breakfast so it wasn't to bad but I would not stay here again. I don't know about the other property. I also don't know what has narrowed it down to just these properties for you but the new Homewood Suites is opening up the end of November and if your stay is more than a few days the price is great and it is right next to the Toy Story parking lot so you can catch the free shuttle from there, also we stayed at Park Vue Inn last summer and very much enjoyed our stay there it had a great breakfast and was right across the street from the entrance!!

We stayed at Clarion our first trip several years ago, I was not happy with our stay, the knobs on our heat/ac were broke off the curtains were torn and stained the walk was pretty long, there is ART in front, we did book thru GetAwayToday.com and got free breakfast so it wasn't to bad but I would not stay here again. I don't know about the other property. I also don't know what has narrowed it down to just these properties for you but the new Homewood Suites is opening up the end of November and if your stay is more than a few days the price is great and it is right next to the Toy Story parking lot so you can catch the free shuttle from there, also we stayed at Park Vue Inn last summer and very much enjoyed our stay there it had a great breakfast and was right across the street from the entrance!!
What is the ballpark price for the Homewood Suites? Thanks in advance.

Clarion is in the Resort District proper, which has some nicer
restaurants and properties in the area. Access to transportation
should be easier as well. DL just up the street.

Quality seems to have better reviews. And could be logistically
better if you have a car and want to park in the Mickey Lot
or DTD. Quality is off the normal path, but also avoids the big
crowds of the resort district proper.

depending on how many nights you are staying I bel 8 or more is $149/night and what kind of room lesser nights is around 170-180ish--you get free breakfast and also during the week an evening "snack and drinks"
http://homewoodsuites3.hilton.com/e...LHW/about/index.html?WT.mc_id=EPEMHWResconfEN
Thank you for the info. We are only staying 3 nights. I am going to go cheap on the hotel so that we can have a better Disney Experience with dining and maybe a tour, if possible.
Do you know how far out I can book Dining Reservations on-line? Thanks again.

Thank you for the info. We are only staying 3 nights. I am going to go cheap on the hotel so that we can have a better Disney Experience with dining and maybe a tour, if possible.
Do you know how far out I can book Dining Reservations on-line? Thanks again.
I am thinking 60 days, and you may check the prices for your dates still at Homewood with them just opening at that time you might get a deal, also check GetAwayToday.com for other deals we have used them before and was able to get things like free parking on hotels or free breakfast, two things I always look for!!

I am thinking 60 days, and you may check the prices for your dates still at Homewood with them just opening at that time you might get a deal, also check GetAwayToday.com for other deals we have used them before and was able to get things like free parking on hotels or free breakfast, two things I always look for!!
Thank you for suggesting Homewood Suites. Right now my TOTAL hotel cost for the 3 nights is $185 (**My mom works for the Choice Hotel chain and I am able to get a "Friends & Family" discount**). I asked my kids if they wanted to stay in a fancier/costlier hotel or a cheap one and then take a "Guided Tour" and have a couple "Special Meals". They chose the cheap hotel and the Extra Disney Experiences.

(I have not read good things about this hotel)

-OR-

We have not stayed at that Quality Inn and Suites. We have stayed at the one near HOJO and the one on Katella called QIS Anaheim at the Park. The breakfast is pretty good at both of these places, the additional fees are minimum, and the walk is easy. The one on S. Harbor is on the other side of the freeway ramp. That is a pretty long walk and not very pedestrian friendly.

Have you looked at staying at either of the other QIS? The one on Katella is usually cheaper than the one near HOJO. It's older, but the rooms are clean and the staff is friendly. The one near HOJO has nicely updated rooms. They offer the same breakfasts, and the walks are about the same. The one near HOJO you walk down Harbor by a dozen other hotels and cross the street at the entrance to the drop off area. The one on Katella you walk on Disneyland drive, cut through the Grand, and enter DTD.

We have not stayed at that Quality Inn and Suites. We have stayed at the one near HOJO and the one on Katella called QIS Anaheim at the Park. The breakfast is pretty good at both of these places, the additional fees are minimum, and the walk is easy. The one on S. Harbor is on the other side of the freeway ramp. That is a pretty long walk and not very pedestrian friendly.

Have you looked at staying at either of the other QIS? The one on Katella is usually cheaper than the one near HOJO. It's older, but the rooms are clean and the staff is friendly. The one near HOJO has nicely updated rooms. They offer the same breakfasts, and the walks are about the same. The one near HOJO you walk down Harbor by a dozen other hotels and cross the street at the entrance to the drop off area. The one on Katella you walk on Disneyland drive, cut through the Grand, and enter DTD.
Both of the other QIS were not available with the "Friends & Family Discount". That is why we are staying at the 871 S. Harbor Blvd. location. My TOTAL hotel cost for 3 nights will be $185. I know its not ideal but I have two teenagers (17 & 19) so I don't think the walk will be too much of a challenge. Also, I have been told we can take the ART.

DO NOT....Stay at the Clarion on Convention Way unless you are staying there for free, and even then you'll be over paying. I've stayed at other Choice hotels in other states and nothing has ever been as bad as the Clarion. We recently stayed there for D23 and the 1st room we tried to check into had some random trash just laying out on the the headboard...it looks like it may have been a tea bag but whatever it was, it was disgusting. The second room we got featured peeling wall paper, filthy carpet/walls, an air filter that looked like it hadn't been changed in years/tattered curtains/furniture from the used hotel furniture liquidators (nothing matched room to room) and food debris on the hotel guide book. Fortunately, the bedding was clean but that was nicest thing I can say about it. It was old and tired, which I can normally live with, but when I was paying over a hundred dollars a night for torn curtains I was pretty unhappy.
Front desk manager was a slob with stains on his tie and a standard discount (30%) at the ready...which (after working many years in the Hotel business) tells me that I'm not the first one to complain. There was no upper management to complain to and the front desk staff could have cared less. The entire management team there needs to be summarily fired, and it needs a top down floor by floor renovation.

Literally, stay anywhere else.

DO NOT....Stay at the Clarion on Convention Way unless you are staying there for free, and even then you'll be over paying. I've stayed at other Choice hotels in other states and nothing has ever been as bad as the Clarion. We recently stayed there for D23 and the 1st room we tried to check into had some random trash just laying out on the the headboard...it looks like it may have been a tea bag but whatever it was, it was disgusting. The second room we got featured peeling wall paper, filthy carpet/walls, an air filter that looked like it hadn't been changed in years/tattered curtains/furniture from the used hotel furniture liquidators (nothing matched room to room) and food debris on the hotel guide book. Fortunately, the bedding was clean but that was nicest thing I can say about it. It was old and tired, which I can normally live with, but when I was paying over a hundred dollars a night for torn curtains I was pretty unhappy.
Front desk manager was a slob with stains on his tie and a standard discount (30%) at the ready...which (after working many years in the Hotel business) tells me that I'm not the first one to complain. There was no upper management to complain to and the front desk staff could have cared less. The entire management team there needs to be summarily fired, and it needs a top down floor by floor renovation.

Literally, stay anywhere else.
This. I had a terrible experience there over the winter holiday a couple of years ago. I was sad that I picked it for my family for several reasons.

This. I had a terrible experience there over the winter holiday a couple of years ago. I was sad that I picked it for my family for several reasons.

My GF who is notoriously thrifty wanted this hotel because it was less per night than the Anaheim Hilton that I blocked....
She later admitted that ditching the Mariott for the Clarion was a huge mistake.

I can't say it strongly enough...just don't bother with the Clarion, Anaheim. There are far too many options in the Resort area to give this place your hard earned money. I just feel bad for all of the Tour and Travel guests who pay an over inflated rate to their tour companies for this place.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter