Clairon hotel reviews?

I stayed there in March 2009 with my sister. The room was fine - clean, no problems that I can remember. There is no free continental breakfast, and it was much farther than I enjoyed walking. At the time, I didn't know realize that the Toy Story lot was across the street If I ever stayed there again, I would try to ride that shuttle to the parks instead of walking (it's basically a full mile each way). I remember parking being very expensive - as much as parking in the parks, but my room rate was cheap ($50 or so) so it wasn't a big deal.

Thanks

Booked it with shuttle out the door 270 for 3 nights.

Bout as cheap as I could find For march 27-30

:thumbsup2 We have stayed there several times for a quick overnight stay. The overnight parking at the hotel is $12. It was very quiet and clean when we stayed there. It is right across the street from the Toy Story parking lot, which is really easy to get to. We will continue to go there for quick turn around trips. The price is great on the budget! :goodvibes

Won't have a car so not worried about parking

But the toy story tram is very good info thank you

Any places to eat around there ?

Don'y mean to rain on your parade, and this was a few years ago..... We stayed there for 4 nights in 2008 because it was listed as a "good nieghbor" hotel. Hopefully they have improved on the their "customer service" and housekeeping. It was during the summer and the hallways where hot as hell, with no air conditioning at all. :mad:

Food and dirty dishes were left out in the hallway for three days straight. On our second day there, we advised the front desk about it and the stuff was still there when we checked out.

The mexican restuarant there.... well lets just say was not pleasant at all. We all got sick after having dinner there and spent a day in the room trying to recover. :sick:

But on the flip side it was nice that the tram was across the street and we had a great view for the evening fireworks at DL. :cool1:

Hopefully things have improved since..... needless to say, we have not been back since. :yay:

Check don't eat at the mexican place :)

No thanks for the info this is why I love these boards.

All we need is a place to sleep and shower we open the parks and close them down.

We stayed there December 29, 2011, through January 3, 2012, as we got tickets for Rose Bowl and wanted to spend a few days at the parks. Our usual places were booked and my husband found a good package deal with airfare that put us at the Clarion. It was clean, the beds were comfortable, and the pillows were not great. The bathrooms are dated. We overheard one woman in the lobby, who was very upset that she returned from the parks to find the door to her room open. Hard to know whose fault that was. You can walk to the parks, but it is farther than I like to walk considering all the walking inside the parks. We got an ART pass for the shuttle. The shuttles are not that reliable, but are fairly on time for the first run in the morning. They are supposed to come every 20 minutes, but it doesn’t happen. Someone getting on with a wheelchair may set that shuttle back 10-15 minutes. We thought about trying to use the Disney shuttles from the Toy Story Lot but never tried it. In sum- it was OK. I would not choose to stay here again but I would not forgo a trip to Disneyland if staying here made the trip possible. We did not eat in any of the restaurants as the review on Trip Advisor warned against it

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter