Clairebear & Tomouse PTR with possibility of magicbands?!

I think Tom will find it a huge shock, he doesn't really know what to expect and he's just let me get on with the planning. He says he's looking forward to the water parks the most. He does like Disney films so I know he'll enjoy it (His favourite is Cars!).
I've had a fair few camping trips to remember, I remember going on brownie camp, I was sleeping on my Granny's rickety camp bed and when I woke up I was pinned up against the wall and no one would get me down because they were laughing! Haha. This holiday is my 44th holiday abroad though, I was very lucky that my Mum and Dad liked to go on holiday. My auntie lives in Idaho so I've been to visit her a few times but it doesn't quite compare to Disney! Tom is 5 years younger than me and had only been on holiday 3 times before I met him, Florida will be his 10th so I'm working on him!

null_zpsb707b6fc.png

Single digits, single digits, single digits!!!!! Aaaggghhhhhh! :)

Hi ladies,

If you want a low maintenance bag in the future that is a bit more stylish than a bumbag, you can try a Kipling Teddy bag. I find it is big enough for a small camera, a phone, and a small purse with a couple of cards and some cash. I usually throw in a small pack of wet wipes, and a suncream stick too :) I have two different ones, and they can be worn around the waist or as a dinky shoulder bag.

This is a link to QVC but you can often pick second hand ones up cheaply on ebay:

http://www.qvcuk.com/Kipling-Teddy-...=133543-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-53-_-133543

I haven't been since 2005! I booked this holiday at 423 days out so can't quite believe its now only 9 days!!! 8 if you count staying at Manchester airport lol.
I have one of those Kipling bags somewhere, I'll try dig it out! Thanks!

I haven't been since 2005! I booked this holiday at 423 days out so can't quite believe its now only 9 days!!! 8 if you count staying at Manchester airport lol.
I have one of those Kipling bags somewhere, I'll try dig it out! Thanks!

Wow, that's a long wait!

We first went as a couple in 2006, then had a three year gap before we went back for our wedding in 2009. We were spoiled then, as we went for three weeks, then for two weeks in 2010 and one week in 2011 (after one week in NYC).

After next year's trip we have no idea how long it will take us to get back. Longer term we hope to invest in a villa for our retirement, but that's a long way off :rotfl2:

A villa sounds like a good long term plan. Not sure when we'll go back. I think we are going to try Mexico next year. I like to go on 3 holidays a year which makes saving up for Disney a bit difficult! Ha. My mum really want to go back to Florida though, she hasn't been for 17 years!!! So we'll probably go back with my mum at some point and possibly stay at OKW.
Bet it was amazing getting married there!

Just been to get some toiletries as this holiday is creeping up fast!

null_zps3efb6e53.jpg

So here is my mess of a suitcase that I'm throwing everything in! Going to pack on Sunday.

So here is my mess of a suitcase that I'm throwing everything in! Going to pack on Sunday.

Wow! Is everything at the bottom in some sort of order that makes sense?
I try to keep our toiletries packed in a plastic bag between 2 things in our cases to prevent spillage and usually split them between 2 cases just in case anything happens to the cases. We also split clothing for the three of us between the two cases and manage ok with case weights but we take enough to last 8 days and do laundry mid holiday and again before we return. That means there's less laundry to do when we get home. Twelve days to go for us but I managed to finish a huge pile of ironing today, packing will be done over the next week. DH is still working night shifts until the Friday/Saturday before we head out.

Nothing is in any order just thrown in! I intend to tip it all out on Sunday, I'm a master packer so it will be all neat and suitably located when I do it properly!

A villa sounds like a good long term plan. Not sure when we'll go back. I think we are going to try Mexico next year. I like to go on 3 holidays a year which makes saving up for Disney a bit difficult! Ha. My mum really want to go back to Florida though, she hasn't been for 17 years!!! So we'll probably go back with my mum at some point and possibly stay at OKW.
Bet it was amazing getting married there!

Just been to get some toiletries as this holiday is creeping up fast!

As I'm a teacher it's quite difficult to go on more than one holiday a year, as my hubby is always competing with the parents to get school holidays off work. Mind you, we've just moved house, having spent the last two years saving a new deposit (so we could keep our flat - one day we hope the sale of the flat will turn into the Florida villa purchase!)

It was absolutely amazing getting married there! :cloud9::bride:

I like how you have everything planned for your future, owning in Florida would be amazing. I work in a secondary school so I'm restricted to school holidays too but thankfully Tom's work colleagues have children who are pre-school age at the moment so he gets time off whenever, usually at Easter and we tend to go away twice in the summer holidays.

I'll post some more plans and photos from the mde app tomorrow :)

I like how you have everything planned for your future, owning in Florida would be amazing. I work in a secondary school so I'm restricted to school holidays too but thankfully Tom's work colleagues have children who are pre-school age at the moment so he gets time off whenever, usually at Easter and we tend to go away twice in the summer holidays.

I'll post some more plans and photos from the mde app tomorrow :)

Haha I think I might be the ultimate long term planner!

What do you do at your school?

I'm a non-teaching Head of Year and lead professional for child protection. Going back to Head of a Year 7 in September so I've been doing all the transition. I usually spend school holidays trying to avoid children! How about you?

a18a826a0010f6bcb3e193764ac64ca7_zps5b431bdb.jpg

YC
I've been playing around on the MDE app, it's quite different on my iPad than on my iPhone and I like that you can look at the maps and have a look around. I didn't realise just how close YC is to Epcot so the app has really given me some perspective.
I've always wanted to stay at YC since I was little and Tom was happy to go along with whatever I wanted :)
We have booked a garden view room and I have noted on my request that we'd like a high floor and a view of the wedding gazebo if possible - I just think it looks romantic!

A few pictures from the YC/BC thread, everyone is super friendly and welcoming on there which is lovely
e7579962251bdee05352368f80f1c22c_zps5ce1b9d3.jpg

95bb26ca15fb62414cab047980671aab_zpsfaece186.jpg

b029748208c5dbd5d7db4f59edeb4958_zpsbcab9394.jpg

In 12 days I'll be able post my own pics from the YC :)

This is the August schedule for movies etc I hope we get to watch Lilo and Stitch on the beach, it's one of my favourites!

7e9ff613bf2416ec0b680989b34ecd33_zps82ff025a.jpg

YC
I've been playing around on the MDE app, it's quite different on my iPad than on my iPhone and I like that you can look at the maps and have a look around. I didn't realise just how close YC is to Epcot so the app has really given me some perspective.
I've always wanted to stay at YC since I was little and Tom was happy to go along with whatever I wanted :)
We have booked a garden view room and I have noted on my request that we'd like a high floor and a view of the wedding gazebo if possible - I just think it looks romantic!

A few pictures from the YC/BC thread, everyone is super friendly and welcoming on there which is lovely

In 12 days I'll be able post my own pics from the YC :)

This is the August schedule for movies etc I hope we get to watch Lilo and Stitch on the beach, it's one of my favourites!

Wow didn't know they had films. I'm staying here on 26th August for 19 days for our honeymoon! So excited :)

Wow didn't know they had films. I'm staying here on 26th August for 19 days for our honeymoon! So excited :)

What an amazing place to spend your honeymoon, I'm jealous that you're going for 19 days! Have you been and looked on the YC/BC thread on the resorts page? There's loads of useful stuff in the first few pages and everyone on there is so helpful and informative if you need to ask anything.

Some MDE app pictures:

Some people were wondering before where the option to customise magicbands is:
302eb53bb63eb6e6faa80d847f4c4af8_zpse1694acf.jpg

I've been using the app to find out all the park opening hours too:
b4fa5aa8ddb9ee412dd4d79f081a2330_zps5546b1aa.jpg

I like all the maps, you can zoom in and click on the tag to see the rides or you can change it to show all the dining options etc:
b943f8b7dfe1cd2a7c053048393b2b75_zps1825d1d4.jpg

You can look at the attractions, dining options and wait times on the pages too:
df50c8c6b5faab693b711468d4669702_zps3f5362d3.jpg

It's pretty sweet as apps go we have had fun with ours but we are still waiting to see if the FP+ choices will be ok when we get there. You captured those screenshots very well they look great. It's such a pity that they are having so many "technical issues" with the FP systems, and electronic payments in some locations. Hopefully they will get them sorted out fairly quickly since the "suits" are going around asking lots of questions.

YC!

So Tuesday 20th - Probably check in around 3pm

I think we'll go swimming in SAB because I've been waiting for this for sooooooo long!
53d8bb5b8b4d10da6d534042d3d55f8e_zps4371d913.jpg

I also need to go to Hurricane Hanna's to order a Sunken Treasure cocktail! (I found out about these on the YC/BC forum):
fa1b8b653cfbbfcaf362be926cd6da6c_zpsad51ffb9.jpg

Then we will head over to Epcot for some tea (Haven't made any reservations for our first day), I'd like to try Sunshine Seasons:
b257d28f7627a5486684ce6664972dff_zps561c7f05.jpg

I have made FP+ reservations for Test Track, Soarin and the Nemo ride! Then we'll either stay and watch the fireworks or walk back to the resort, maybe go swimming or explore the BoardWalk area.

(I was hoping to get a bit further than Day 1 at Disney but if I carry on I'll be too excited to sleep!!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter