CL at Wilderness Lodge

martinrmn

DIS Veteran
Can someone give some advice or thoughts on Concierge at Wilderness Lodge please? We are staying here for a week in December, 2 adults 1 child aged 12. We have the dining plan as well but were thinking of upgrading to concierge. Firstly, do you think it worth it and secondly how would we go about booking it? We have booked through Virgin so would probably need to book direct with Disney.:thumbsup2

I have via a free upgrade. It was lovely, are you on the free DDP? If so I wouldn't bother as there will be way too much food and it's so easy to make adrs online the concierge service isn't really much use (but nice to have!).

Personally I would stick with a normal room and use the money on gifts or a special activity

Personally, having stayed CL at the Contemporary I wouldn't pay extra for it especially if you have the DPP.

Regards booking, if you are booked through Virgin you would need to upgrade through them. Or wait until check to see if you can upgrade. Neither option will be cheap.

I can't understand why you would upgrade to concierge if you have the dining plan. The only benefit would be that concierge staff would make ADRs for you and you get the lounge snacks and drinks but, if you have the DDP anyway, it is more than enough food. As Tracy says, it won't be cheap either and your only choices are through Virgin or at check-in. You may well find there is no availability either as WL is a very popular resort in December.

I was advised against doing this. The only extra you end up with is the alcohol, you'd need to drink an awful lot of it to get your money's worth!

the WL is soooo nice, we stayed there a couple of weeks ago for 3 nights with the dining plan. i would stay CL again in a heartbeat but not on the DDP, too much food, if you're using the DDP to its full potential chances are you'll be out of the hotel when the evening food options (and maybe even the drinks) are out.
if you're on DDP i'd give it a miss, but do try stay there sometime though, its lovely :)

Thanks everyone, looks like we will be staying as we are. Cost is way too much.:thumbsup2

good decision!!

we've stayed at WL both in concierge and regular and they are both very nice.

When we were in regular, we didn't miss concierge at all.

when we were in concierge (on 3 different visits) we enjoyed it very much, but when we weren't on it, we also enjoyed it.

certainly not worth it if you're on DDP

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter