ckin, activities and pool info: Cypress Harbour/Vistana

Pan's Dad

Earning My Ears
hi,

our flight from NY arrives in orlando at around 10:15 am but ckin for these resorts is around 4pm...what do you usually do with the extra time? do they ever allow early ckin?

any advice on which to choose if given a choice:
marriott cypress harbour
marriott grande vista
sheraton vistana

we have a girl 11, boy 10 --- want them to have fun!
are they all easy to get to Disney From?

do they have slides in their pools? how would you rate each pool area??

going end of August ----

thanks...

The only one I can comment on is Vistana. The pools are great and even better is the fact that there are 7 of them so you can choose your favorite. I know at least one has a slide, but that is not my department as my kids are littler so our criteria is how good is the shallow end....

The thing we love to do is to check in early and then go to our favorite pool area. the Cascades pool has a great snack bar/counter service type place you can go for some lunch and a large bathroom with changing areas nearby so you can get into your pool attire. We have had good luck with being able to check in early by just going to the desk when we arrive at the resort, getting a parking pass to gain access, and then checking back at around 2:30 or so to get a room assignment. (Both times we did this it was when staying there as a hotel type guest. Didn't try the early checkin when we did the timeshare exchange, but I know you can still use the pool the entire first and last day of your stay.)

I can only speak to the Marriotts. Both Cypress Harbour and Grande Vista are excellent resorts, you can't go wrong with either IMHO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter