• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CKC Nashville

I wonder how far that is for StitchisourHero?

Have fun.

I live near where SIOH lives and its not too far about 2.5-3 hours. We (me, mom and a friend) are going to CKC Charolette instead though. We were supposed to go to Nashville last year but it flooded so we went to Charolette and it worked out great since DH and my sister and Stepdad could go to Carowinds (so everyone gets a weekend break). We will do the same again this year. We have been to Nashville before and it was nice. LOVE the Gaylord though!!!! Have a great time!!!

YES!!!! Less then 3 miles from the KOA! I can cab it for a Sat morning class and the vendor faire before DH has to be to work!

Sweet!!!

Yay! DISers at CKC Nashville. We are very excited to have it back. As pp said, we were cancelled last year due to the flood.

Now, I just have to get everything together . . . :rolleyes1

I signed up for the oh so beautiful class at 8:30 Saturday morning, and ds10 and I are taking the copic part 1 class at 1:30ish.
We'll shop the vendor fair in between. DH is taking the other 3 to work with him on Saturday after we shop.
I was really surprised how many classes still had openings. I would love to take more but the kids won't behave that long. The boys would take a class or 2 but dd would lose interest pretty quickly.

I've got two classes and the crop on Friday night. One class on Sat. and the crop. The rest of my time will be shopping and make and takes. :thumbsup2

Buffy - you'll love the Oh So Beautiful class. It's pretty fast but the album turns out wonderful. Susan is a wonderful teacher - I helped her out at CKC-Valley Forge yesterday for a little while at her booth.

Just hold on to your wallet!!!:lmao::lmao:

I went to CKC Valley Forge yesterday and managed to spend almost $500 :scared1: and that's not including the 4 classes I signed up for but ended up getting the kits for the two today since I had to come home because my DH didn't get home from his business trip as scheduled (weather problems).

You should try to take Shelby's class - Latest & Greatest with Basic Grey - it's worth it and your 10 year old will love it. Mine did last year and her one letter from camp this week was to say that she was sooooo upset that she didn't get to go to CKC :rotfl:

Have a great time everyone!!!!!

Would love to take more classes but we get in late Friday and DH has to get the training room set up Saturday. I love Latest and Greatest though, I'm sorry I'm going to miss it.

ETA: DH will be shopping with me so I'm sure he will kibash the majority of my spending.

I go with a group of 3 and one of our group is really good at spending our money!:eek:

She always spots things I just must have. No DH with me to stop the insanity!:rolleyes1;)

I'll be there volunteering (as will my mom). I will be at Pre-Registration on Thursday evening and will be a teacher's assistant Friday and Saturday evenings. I can't wait!! I've never volunteered before. It says if you volunteer 3-4 hours you can get 50% off of one of the classes. I want to register for one of the classes, but am not sure how to put in that discount.

Thanks!!! Come by and see me on Thursday night if you're there!! :thumbsup2

Buffy - you'll love the Oh So Beautiful class. It's pretty fast but the album turns out wonderful. Susan is a wonderful teacher - I helped her out at CKC-Valley Forge yesterday for a little while at her booth.

Just hold on to your wallet!!!:lmao::lmao:

I went to CKC Valley Forge yesterday and managed to spend almost $500 :scared1: and that's not including the 4 classes I signed up for but ended up getting the kits for the two today since I had to come home because my DH didn't get home from his business trip as scheduled (weather problems).

You should try to take Shelby's class - Latest & Greatest with Basic Grey - it's worth it and your 10 year old will love it. Mine did last year and her one letter from camp this week was to say that she was sooooo upset that she didn't get to go to CKC :rotfl:

Have a great time everyone!!!!!

OK, why am I not seeing Shelby's class? I was wondering if I could just pick up a kit since my time is limited.

OK, why am I not seeing Shelby's class? I was wondering if I could just pick up a kit since my time is limited.

Because Embellish It! (The company who does the class) doesn't go to Nashville. My other favorite company doesn't go to Nashville either (Quick Quotes). For some reason the past couple of years some of the big companies haven't been to Nashville. It's one of the reasons we drive all the way to Charolette. Plus Nashville is Tax Free weekend and I work retail so can't get the weekend off.

Tigger - I'm from the Nashville area, too! I was wondering about the Quick Quotes. I knew they hadn't been in a while - I wonder why.:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter