• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cityrama Paris Tour

Fuzzy9Dunlop

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I've been reading through the threads for advice as it's our first trip to DLP.

I'm looking to book the one of these Cityrama tours, that leaves from the Hotel New York. Would anyone know if you're allowed to pay extra, whilst on the 2nd floor of the Eiffel tower, and go to the third floor on one of these Cityrama tours, as their packages only take you to the 2nd floor?

You are on a very short time frame on these tours - If you want to do anything not on the program you'd have to do the trip on your own -which is very easy to do and cheaper.

Then you would have more time and could visit things in greater depth.

The ET won't be any busier on the Thursday than the Friday as these are normal weekdays not in school holidays on anything.

I don't think you can compare the ET with DLP in terms of crowds and it won't make much difference which one you do. :)

Hi Fuzzy9Dunlop :welcome: to the Disneyland Paris Trip Planning & Community Board.

This is a friendly board, please join in on any thread or if you have any questions please start a new one of your own.

If you haven't had a look yet, the DLP DISboard posting rules are here and the DIS posting guidelines can be found here. :)

I'd also recommend going into Paris on your own - it's very easy to do.

You are on a very short time frame on these tours - If you want to do anything not on the program you'd have to do the trip on your own -which is very easy to do and cheaper.

Then you would have more time and could visit things in greater depth.

The ET won't be any busier on the Thursday than the Friday as these are normal weekdays not in school holidays on anything.

I don't think you can compare the ET with DLP in terms of crowds and it won't make much difference which one you do. :)

Many thanks.

We did one of these tours by Cityrama that pick up at the Hotel New York in 2010 - we spent the majority of the time on a hot sticky coach and the driver decided to lock the toilet on the coach and told us to use the one at the Eifel Tower! We were given something like 45 minutes at the Eifel Tower which included queueing to go up and queueing to come down which gave us a total of about 10-15 minutes at the top of the Eifel Tower - bitterly disappointed so I wrote to them upon my return about my experience - to which I never received a reply!:confused3

I believe the least busy time is first thing in the morning which is really only practical if you're staying in Paris itself however you can save time by buying your tickets online.

You can catch a train from DLP to Paris (Gare de Lyon) and then catch the Metro to Eiffel Tower
Buy your Eiffel Tower tickets on line ahead of time
You line up about 30 min ahead of your booked time (in a special line) and they let you go through security about 15 min before the time
You can spend as much time as you like there then
I have done tours with Cityrama - they are very well organised and the guides spoke excellent English
Email them with any questions - they answer you quite quickly

Many thanks for your help people, much appreciated.

On the official site for ET, advance tickets for 21/22 March are already sold out!!!

Does anyone know if it's possible to queue & buy tickets in the line on the day...and then return later with your family, and join the shorter queue for people with tickets?

Thanks.

The queue to buy tickets was impossibly long when we were there last visit.

Another option is to go to Montparnasse tower and look AT Eiffel Tower.

Fairy Floss said:
The queue to buy tickets was impossibly long when we were there last visit.

Another option is to go to Montparnasse tower and look AT Eiffel Tower.

...there was no queuing there...

We did the Cityrama tour a couple of years ago and really enjoyed. I've put a review of the day on my trip report here day 3

The queues were massive for ET. Maybe it's the various tour guides booking them?

We would never have stood in the queue to go up if we were on our own. I also liked that we had a comfortable bus, I enjoyed the tour round Paris and personally it would have stressed me out figuring out the metro (but that's probably just me :lmao:) When i'm holiday I want to totally relax and working all that out seemed like hassle to me.

I've booked the cityrama tour that leave from the Hotel New York. What is the toilet situation? I won't be able to go 6 hours without using the loo :rotfl2:

Our bus had a toilet, but we didn't use it. There is free time at the Louvre and ET. I think we used the toilets at the Louvre.

I cant find the evening tour on the cityrama site, anyone link me to the page proper ?

Also, is it kids go free until end of march ? I did read that somewhere

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter