city walk for an 8 year old???

wild about the world

Earning My Ears
We will be there in October and cant wait. I am staying at HRH.
Do I have to pay to go to CITY WALK? Are there any restaurants that cater to kid, ie games, kids menus, fun activities????

Citywalk requires no admission unless you want to boogie down in the clubs. As for an 8 year old, I would take him during the day, but not at night. It's more for adults at night.

My son is eight and we are usually heading back to the hotels when the "dressed" folks are headed to Citywalk!

I have seen some people bringing nattily dressed kids, though. I'd be curious to know where they're taking them?

This past June, my daughter and I spent 4 days and 3 nights on HRH, and we ate at CityWalk every evening. We ate at HRC one evening --- we've eaten at them before and she likes the food and the memorabilia, even if she doesn't know much about it. She also enjoyed the Britney Spears videos (3 consecutive!) and 'N Sync and a few others. We also ate at the Nascar Cafe. IMHO that's the best bet for kids. A good kids menu, with Nascar cars hanging from the ceiling that actually crank up and "drive" every once in a while. Downstairs, there's a simulator ride and games and stuff to entertain. We also went and saw Atlantis on its opening night in the CityWalk theater, and then went to eat at Pat O'briens. I got us a seat right by the flaming fountain, which she greatly enjoyed. You can sit in the courtyard and it's quite calm --- it's only crazy in the bars, and usually not until much later. The waitstaff was very nice to her and brought her a glow-in-the-dark pin for her dress. That was around 8:30am on a Friday (I think) so things didn't get crazy until later. We also killed some time on various evenings by looking through some of the shops and checking out the wares of the street vendors. I bought her a cute inexpensive necklace that we both really liked, and we promptly lost it 2 days later somewhere in IOA...darn the luck. Most days we ate between 7 and 9, and I wouldn't hesitate to do any of it again. Desert was the same every night --- we'd stop at the HRC and order milkshakes to go and walk back to the hotel, or take the boat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter