City, Sand, and Savanna - Link to new trip report

Great Pirates Pics.

Thanks.

Great BTMMR pics.

Thx.

Great Judy pics. I'm days late, but going with 4 Judys.

Why, thanks! Whoa, you're good, 4 is right.

Hmmm - not sure why your Jack Sparrow is coming out blurry because that's usually the one picture I do get. :confused3

I know, I'm sure your TRs are where I've seen good pictures of him!

Yup - looks crowded. I guess that picture is just in time to remind me about June crowds since I plan to be in the MK in 9 days.

Oh sure, rub it in. :laughing: I hope you have a great time. The crowds are no fun, but I don't mind the heat...just gives me an excuse to hit the pool.

Your Pecos Bill taco salad looks yummy! But I agree with you - it IS hectic in there.

:crowded: and :rockband: and :jumping3:

It could use more bacon, but other than that…

We could say that just about anywhere.

I recently read in my favorite book series (The Bathroom Reader)

:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:

that some ancient civilization, (maybe the Romans?), used to put a bunch of poisonous snakes into a clay pot and loft that baby onto the deck of an enemy ship. It'd break open and the enemy sailors would scatter.

Well, that's a dirty trick. How'd they catch all the snakes?:confused3

Oh come on, admit that it's because you're so PC.

::yes:: *burp*

Hey Glennbo123! Yep, I'm still here... you haven't lost your mexican audience ... yet! Hehehe!

IMG_6463.jpg
Awesome pic! It really shows who's the boss :)

Walking back from Big Thunder, I had to laugh when I passed the Kodak Picture Spot near Splash Mountain because there were people getting their picture taken with the sign.

Time-out for a Public Service Announcement: People, the "Kodak Picture Spot" sign means that it's a picturesque spot for a photo, but you want to frame the shot so that the sign is not actually in the photograph.
LOL! I always take pictures of those signs, usually with no one or anything else in the picture, and when someone asks I say "Just following instructions." :rotfl2:

I do have my work phone in a waterproof case but hard to teach and DIS at the same time. :rotfl2:

Ahh, teaching is overrated.

The blurry one in line- yes but not the shadow outline right?

Lower right in the one where I say we're about to board our boat.

nothing beat hairy pirate dangly feet:thumbsup2

Yep. Nuthin'.

We could say that just about anywhere.

I ate at a restaurant yesterday that had a sign that said "where bacon is an herb".

Well, that's a dirty trick. How'd they catch all the snakes?:confused3

Well, they left that part out.

Tribilín;48572243 said:
Hey Glennbo123! Yep, I'm still here... you haven't lost your mexican audience ... yet! Hehehe!

Tribilín!!! :welcome: (back). I was beginning to think that I didn't have any Mexican readers anymore. Great to hear from you!

Tribilín;48572243 said:
Awesome pic! It really shows who's the boss :)

The photographer. ;)

Tribilín;48572243 said:
LOL! I always take pictures of those signs, usually with no one or anything else in the picture, and when someone asks I say "Just following instructions." :rotfl2:

:rotfl2: I'd expect nothing less, Trib!

When we last left off, Judy, James, and I had just ridden Big Thunder and had decided that a treat was in order. We headed back into Adventureland to find Poppy and Gram and introduce them to the sweet nectar of life known as the Dole Whip. It was a bit like herding cats because I had James in front of me, who would take little side-trips to check-out whatever caught his eye, and Poppy and Gram behind, whom I had to make sure were keeping up and I had to be careful that I didn't walk too fast for them. At one point, James made a detour to cool off in the tiki-themed water-misters near the Magic Carpets and I thought that my parents had kept following Judy, but then I realized that they had turned and come with us and I said, "no, keep going, well catch up." (Easily.) Meanwhile, I texted Lauren that we were getting Dole Whips if they wanted to join us.

Yes, yes, yes. This is the place!

IMG_6481.jpg

The Swiss Family Robinson treehouse is right across the street, and the first time I had a Dole Whip Float, I understood why Mr. Robinson built there.

IMG_6483.jpg

I think that Poppy wanted to pay for our afternoon treat again today. Thankfully, he didn't get rained-on like last time at Animal Kingdom.

Soon, we were holding the object of our desire, the incomparable Dole Whip Float.

IMG_6484.jpg

Looks like Minnie is also a fan!

I always go with the "float" versus the just plain "Dole Whip". But thats just personal preference. If they made a "Beverly Float", maybe I'd like that better too.

We sucked those babies down, and the other yayhoos in our group showed up. So of course, while the rest of our crew was hanging out at Aloha Isle, James wanted to do a couple more Sorcerers missions. I accompanied him to his next battle, which was at a portal near the Magic Carpets of Aladdin.

Okay, so this is one of those moments when I demonstrate that even though I've been to DisneyWorld several times, written several trip reports, and probably come off like I know a whooole lot about Disney touring, I still have things to learn. And at the risk of damaging my credibility with you, this information is just too good not to pass on. So now I give you, the "Not-so-secret-Passageway-between-Adventureland-and-Frontierland". Much like the fabled "Northwest Passage" of old, I had heard rumors of its existence, this short-cut between Adventureland and Frontierland, but had never seen it with my own eyes. That was, not until James' Sorcerers mission brought me to its very doorstep!

I had always gone through Adventureland passing by the Magic Carpets of Aladdin on the main thoroughfare, closer to the Swiss Family Robinson Treehouse. The Sorcerer portal that James needed to go to was tucked into a little corner behind the Magic Carpets. (Just out of frame, on the left-hand side of the picture below.) As James waited for other kids to finish so that he could play, I realized the significance of what was before me and decided to duck out and document this newfound gem.

The passage!

IMG_6488.jpg

To give you a frame of reference, here's a shot looking back, towards the spitting camel and the Magic Carpets.

IMG_6486.jpg

I walked closer. See through there? That's Frontierland my friends.

IMG_6485.jpg

You just take about 8 steps forward, and you're at the Country Bear Jamboree. Yes, yes, I know that I took a picture with Dan (FantleroyFan07) and Candi the trip before this one, right there at the Country Bear. What can I say? It just didn't resonate at the time.

IMG_6487.jpg

All right, back to James and his Sorcerers game.

IMG_6490.jpg

Then he went to another one, closer to Aloha Isle. While he waited for this one he talked to a girl and her dad who seemed to be pretty knowledgeable about the Sorcerers cards. She had hers all bound in a notebook with little plastic sleeves to hold the cards, like a baseball card collector would use. James showed them his cards and they said that one of his was pretty rare, I forget which one, and even she didn't have it yet.

IMG_6493.jpg

IMG_6494.jpg

IMG_6495.jpg

Then we joined back up with everybody else and James went off with the younger crowd, while Judy, Gram, and Poppy and I would pay a visit to the Tiki Room. I wanted to see it since it had been restored back to the original version; no longer "under new management".

IMG_6498.jpg

IMG_6500.jpg

IMG_6501.jpg

I like Gilbert Gottfried as much as the next guy...okay, that's probably not saying much, let me start over. Sure, Ill admit it, I like Gilbert Gottfried, but it was kind of nice not having him interrupt the Tiki Room show in the form of the character Iago from Aladdin. I liked this new old version much better.

IMG_6504.jpg

IMG_6507.jpg

IMG_6508.jpg

IMG_6509.jpg

It's always neat to think that this attraction is one that really was envisioned by Walt Disney himself.

It was now almost 3:30, and we had one errand to run on our way over to Tomorrowland to meet up with the rest of our gang.

We cut through the Northwest Passage (I think that's what I'll call it from now on) and I thought I'd give you a sense of the crowds in Frontierland. As expected probably, for June.

IMG_6510.jpg

Our errand was for each of us to sign-up for Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom so that we could get more cards for James. We were able to do it at Ye Olde Christmas Shoppe, a small building in Liberty Square just before you cross the bridge over to the Hub. We had trouble finding the sign-up area, since it was actually outside, and behind, the shop. Eventually, we found it and got signed-up even though we'd just be turning the cards over to James.

I dont think that I'd taken any Castle pictures yet, aside from the Photopass pictures on Main Street, so I had to make it an official Disney trip.

IMG_6511.jpg

IMG_6513.jpg

After we got through the Hub, I saw a Photopass photographer and we stopped for a few pictures.

IMG_6514.jpg

Yes, it's always good to have sweaty pictures of yourselves on vacation.

IMG_6515.jpg

Photo0072FourBySix.jpg

Photo0074FourBySix.jpg

Up Next: Finishing up Magic Kingdom with the younger crowd
Link to next chapter

The secret passage. I will admit I am partial to the one on the other side by the bathrooms but I have used that one when it is not crowded back there. :thumbsup2

So How did Gram and Poppy like the sweet nectar????

I tried really hard to find more or less Judys, but I have to agree on 5 Judys...

It worked out really well to split up your group but get together again for some family time!

Okay, I'm starting to get a little nervous that I have a stalker. :eek: :laughing:

Correct! :cheer2: Another win for Marv!

5 Judys ........:flower3:

Correct, but Marv is the :bride:

I tried really hard to find more or less Judys, but I have to agree on 5 Judys...

5 it was. No tricks, unless you count the Minnie shirt as a trick.

Updated scores:
Marvin - 17 Judy-sighting wins, 8 Eagle Eye points :magnify:
Pat - 6 Judy-sighting wins, 2 Eagle Eye points :magnify:
Mark - 4 Judy-sighting wins, 2 Eagle Eye points :magnify:
Dee - 4 Judy-sighting wins, 1 Eagle Eye point :magnify:
Rosie - 4 Judy-sighting wins, 2 Eagle Eye point :magnify:
Dan - 3 Judy-sighting wins, 3 Eagle Eye points :magnify:
Kelly - 3 Judy-sighting wins
Katharina - 3 Judy-sighting wins
Magdalene - 2 Judy-sighting wins, 1 Eagle Eye point :magnify:
Jenn (elphie101) - 1 Judy-sighting win, First Subscriber Honors!
Tanya - 1 Judy-sighting win
Molly - 1 Judy-sighting win
Kathy - 1 Judy-sighting win
Mary Ellen - 1 Judy-sighting win
MissLiz - 1 Judy-sighting win
sesame_123 - 1 Eagle Eye point :magnify:

The secret passage. I will admit I am partial to the one on the other side by the bathrooms but I have used that one when it is not crowded back there. :thumbsup2

Yes, but this one is North and West of that one. :rolleyes:

So How did Gram and Poppy like the sweet nectar????

They liked it. They didn't "rave" about it or anything, but they liked it.

It worked out really well to split up your group but get together again for some family time!

Yes, everyone could go at their own pace and it worked out well. James even went back and forth between the groups.

Hi Chris, thanks for coming back to share that! I really appreciate that you let me know. But honestly, I’m just sharing the love…I read about Bob’s show on somebody else’s trip report, maybe several reports, and I don’t even remember whose.

He does have an amazing memory, right? He remembered your town from like 40 years ago and I’m sure that he remembered your names and called on you all throughout his show. “I don’t think we stopped smiling or laughing the whole time we were there” is a great way to sum it up. His show is definitely the best entertainment bargain in DisneyWorld. I’m glad that you got to experience it! And thanks again for your post!

Hey, Your Welcome. The really funny part was that he didn't remember my name. He remembered my husbands and our home town but kept calling me Sheryl. But what is really funny is afterwards we went up to get our picture with him and his picture and he goes "OK, Sheryl, how do you spell your name." And when I said "Chris" he about choked. God it was funny.

You know I was going to go with 6 Judys because she could be in one of those crowd shots. :rotfl:

Excellent PP pictures! Love them!

Ahh - June crowds. I will be facing them soon enough and I get hot just thinking about it.

I love that James is so into the Sorcerers game. :thumbsup2

I saw the tiki birds in October and that should hold me for, say, the rest of my life! :lmao:

When we last left off, Judy, James, and I had just ridden Big Thunder and had decided that a treat was in order. We headed back into Adventureland to find Poppy and Gram and introduce them to the sweet nectar of life known as the Dole Whip.

Nothing can go wrong when it involves a Dole Whip. Unless they run out.

The Swiss Family Robinson treehouse is right across the street, and the first time I had a Dole Whip Float, I understood why Mr. Robinson built there.

Location, location, location!

I always go with the "float" versus the just plain "Dole Whip". But thats just personal preference. If they made a "Beverly Float", maybe I'd like that better too.

Well, there's only one way to know for sure.:thumbsup2

Okay, so this is one of those moments when I demonstrate that even though I've been to DisneyWorld several times, written several trip reports, and probably come off like I know a whooole lot about Disney touring, I still have things to learn. And at the risk of damaging my credibility with you, this information is just too good not to pass on. So now I give you, the "Not-so-secret-Passageway-between-Adventureland-and-Frontierland".

Congratulations! That was pretty well camouflaged, so I can see why you missed it.:rolleyes:

I wanted to see it since it had been restored back to the original version; no longer "under new management".

Ahhh...blessed air conditioning.:rotfl2:

Our errand was for each of us to sign-up for Sorcerers of the Magic Kingdom so that we could get more cards for James.

I'm glad he was enjoying himself so much.

I dont think that I'd taken any Castle pictures yet, aside from the Photopass pictures on Main Street, so I had to make it an official Disney trip.

Oh, good! It's still there.

Yes, it's always good to have sweaty pictures of yourselves on vacation.

If you're not sweaty, you're not vacationing right.

Okay, I'm starting to get a little nervous that I have a stalker. :eek: :laughing:

You do have a stalker. It's the only explanation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter