City, Sand, and Savanna - Link to new trip report

Sorry folks, I'll have to get to replies and welcomes tomorrow. Most of today was spent at services for a former boss who died suddenly and much too young. I need to head home, get something to eat, and decompress.

:hug: So Sorry.

My condolences on your loss. My MIL passed away today, but she has been suffering from cancer for months so it really was a blessing for us, but it still is very hard mentally and emotionally. Take all the time you need.

Sorry folks, I'll have to get to replies and welcomes tomorrow. Most of today was spent at services for a former boss who died suddenly and much too young. I need to head home, get something to eat, and decompress.

So Sorry about your loss !!:flower3:

Glenn, I am so sorry for your loss!

Lauren, I loved your first installment! And I don't think taking pictures of everything in New York City makes you a country bumpkin. I have lived in London and Berlin which I would consider two major European cities and still when I saw New York for the first time I was just in awe of everything and took pictures of all kind of things just like you!

Good luck even when you do Marv always brings up the Rules Committee:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Well maybe, but I'm in good company.......;)

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:And who is the Receipent of the Wooden Spoon Award ????:lmao:
Rosie, you were the first ever recipient.......at a surprise presentation in the Lego Store at DTD........ :rotfl:

Glenn, so sorry to hear this! My thoughts and prayers are with you, and your former boss' family! It is always tragic when something like this happens.......even more when it happens to someone much too young!!

I'm so sorry to hear about the untimely loss of your former boss. I'm sure it has been a draining few days for you and a really difficult time for his family.

Lauren, you are off to a great start! I would be the country girl, too. When I go to large cities, I find myself looking around with my mouth open in awe. :rotfl: Crazy Pez machine - makes you wonder what would give someone that idea. "Hmmm, I think I will sell giant Pez" Your hotel looks really nice - how did you sleep, being in such a busy area?

Glenn, so sorry for the loss of your friend. It is so hard to understand why some people leave us too early. :hug:

My condolences on your loss. My MIL passed away today, but she has been suffering from cancer for months so it really was a blessing for us, but it still is very hard mentally and emotionally. Take all the time you need.

So sorry for your loss. I know you are relieved her suffering is over, but it is still so painful. I will be praying for your family. :hug:

Hi Ok I'm here, I've moved alllll the way to the end of the row.... :rotfl2: Great start Lauren! I love your pictures well because I take pictures of everything like you....;) Can't wait to read more thanks for sharing. :)

I am so sorry for your loss :(

:hug: So Sorry.

So Sorry about your loss !!:flower3:

My thoughts are with you, so sorry for your loss.

Glenn, I am so sorry for your loss!

Glenn, so sorry to hear this! My thoughts and prayers are with you, and your former boss' family! It is always tragic when something like this happens.......even more when it happens to someone much too young!!

I'm so sorry to hear about the untimely loss of your former boss. I'm sure it has been a draining few days for you and a really difficult time for his family.

Glenn, so sorry for the loss of your friend. It is so hard to understand why some people leave us too early. :hug:

Sorry for your loss :(

Thank you all. It seems weird for me to accept condolences when the family is grieving so much more than those of us who worked with him and were his friends....but this is where I should just shut up and say 'thank you', because we are grieving too. He was a seemingly very healthy guy who collapsed and died while jogging, so it was a total shock and still extremely hard to believe.

Thanks. My condolences to you as well.

oh yeah, in the early morning, every day. Not good for supersonic hearing Jeff who threatens daily to pull a Tom Skerritt on me.

Yes, I just read about supersonic-hearing Jeff in the "Shut the door!" chapter. :laughing:

24 hours and you're up to page 7???? :faint:

Thanks for the heads-up.

:welcome: Mary Ellen! Sorry, my heads-up was a little late, but you're here!

Nice start Lauren!

I counted 5 Judys so far. I hope I counted right since I am new to the game.

The hotel looks pretty cool. Can't wait to see the room.

Thanks!

We believe there are only 4 in that chapter, but let me know if you really think there's something we need to consider.

A day late, a dollar short, and all the way back on page 7. Glenn, you are the man!

Disneybuckeye! :welcome: I'm glad you made it!

Just went back and got caught up. Love that your daughter is writing the New York portion. Really enjoying her report!

Can't wait for more!

Made total sense to me to have her write it...I'm finding out some of their goings-on along with you guys!

Thank you.

Seems the Rules committee is confused 3 or 4 or ????:confused3 Shouldn't we all get a point:rotfl2: If I keep it up he may say it was 5 :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

You'd probably get me with that which-cup-has-the-ball-under-it game too.

Good Lord! Page 8 already? Well, that's how I roll - fashionably late. :cool1:

You've got style! :welcome: Tammie!

I'm here to read along! I read one of your preivious TR's and loved it, so I'm excited to see where this one takes everyone!

Hi Katt! :welcome:

I've read at least one of your TR's also....where you auditioned. I can't remember if I posted or just lurked, but it was very informative. :thumbsup2

Here and will try to keep up!

Hi Anita, and :welcome: !!

I'm trying to keep up myself!

great start! Now....maybe I can keep up with the Judy game this time!:rotfl:

:welcome: Cherie! Good luck!

Hey Lauren!! :wave2: Great start!! :thumbsup2

It makes me even more excited to visit with my daughter one day! :goodvibes

Can't wait to hear you tell more!!

Thanks Camille. I'll pass that along.

:rotfl: :rotfl2: Good one Glenn. You glitter bombed Mark, Millie style. :rotfl2:

:teeth:

Thanks for the ammo!

Great start to the TR! Tell Lauren she did a wonderful job with it!

I will. Thanks!

I guess I need to take another trip to NY sometime in my future and see what I can find new to enjoy. I've done most of the standard tourist stuff, so maybe hit some of the other areas. Maybe a trip out to Long Island or places like that would be an interesting change.

I haven't even done the touristy stuff, so I can't recommend anything to you yet.

Well, wooden you know Rosie is already :stir: for the Rules Committee..........

The Rules Committee gets so much grief!

:rotfl2: Poof!

oh good gracious!! Im SUCH a horrible DIS'r .....

I totally bailed on the PTR, and here I am, on page 8!!!

friggin' page 8!!!

:crazy2:

what a spaz....

but, Im here and I guess that's what really matters, right??? :joker:

No no no, that doesn't make you a horrible DISer. :welcome: Avery&Todd! I'm glad you're here.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:And who is the Receipent of the Wooden Spoon Award ????:lmao:

Is that something one should aspire to?

I'm here, can't wait to read about your trip! :goodvibes

Hi Amy! :welcome: And I can't wait to tell you...so we're even!

:wave2: Hi Glenn! Thanks for sending me the link, I've been looking forward to this TR!

Hey Rebecca! :welcome: Great to see you!

I guess I skimmed over your intro to the second post in blue, because I didn't realize that Lauren was narrating until the end. I thought it was a bit odd that you mentioned your mom so much (since she's not on this part of the trip) - and I did think it was sweet that you accompanied the ladies into the city. I was starting to wonder how long you were going to horn in on their girls only weekend when you posted a pic of Judy in the cab and called her mom. I was still a bit confused so I scrolled back up to the top and OOOOHHHHH, now I get it! :rolleyes2 I think I need a late afternoon caffeine jolt - I'm starting to go soft in the head!

headsmack.gif
Rebecca, Rebecca, Rebecca. ;) Glad you eventually figured out that it was a higher-pitched voice than mine, doing the narrating. :laughing:

Lauren, I loved your first installment! And I don't think taking pictures of everything in New York City makes you a country bumpkin. I have lived in London and Berlin which I would consider two major European cities and still when I saw New York for the first time I was just in awe of everything and took pictures of all kind of things just like you!

Thanks Magdalene. Hey, is there a german equivalent for the term "country bumpkin"? Just curious.

Lauren, you are off to a great start! I would be the country girl, too. When I go to large cities, I find myself looking around with my mouth open in awe. :rotfl:

Yeah, I've done that too.

Crazy Pez machine - makes you wonder what would give someone that idea. "Hmmm, I think I will sell giant Pez" Your hotel looks really nice - how did you sleep, being in such a busy area?

That Pez wouldn't fit in your pocket very well. :confused3

Hi Ok I'm here, I've moved alllll the way to the end of the row.... :rotfl2:

:welcome: loveall! You are such a good rule-abider! ;)

Great start Lauren! I love your pictures well because I take pictures of everything like you....;) Can't wait to read more thanks for sharing. :)

Thank you! All pictures were taken with an iPhone. Not sure what that means, but now you know. :rolleyes2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter