• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

City, Sand, and Savanna - Link to new trip report

Looks like a pretty great day at DHS, despite the rain. And I'm with Stringbean: you need those Muppets DVDs! Younger generations should not be robbed of the joy of The Muppet Show!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Fun afternoon despite Debby, those are some happy looking poncho folks, and nice that you got a little commando time with the kids later in the day. The rebel spy twice, I am thinking the buttons must have something to do with it but how fun is that! I want to go on it over and over and over next trip. I'm sure it won't happen, it will be ugly ugly crowds but I can dream, right?

I am curious, the villa's really only have seating for dining for the 1B portion of a 2B. How did you manage that at dinner time? I've just realized that big family meals might be a challenge when we are maxing out room occupancy and have others from other rooms that will be joining us.

1 Judy !?!?

It's funny that you mentioned the hat over the poncho because that was the first thing I noticed!

I think your parents managed to do quite a lot at DHS despite the rain. We had rain for part of the day when we were there in May and honestly I was quite miserable. So kudos to you!

I hope the weather improved (I don't remember anything about Debby now):confused3

How did Gram and Poppy like TSM?

Fun update, Glenn. So great that you got to ride on Star Tours so many times in a row. Sorry James wouldn't do TOT with you guys. I love the redneck photo on Rock & Roll.

Glad your parents enjoyed Muppets; we missed it in September and December...we need to rectify that.

For dinner, we ate in the suite (sorry, no pictures) and as an homage to Peter Brady's Humphrey Bogart impression we had pork chopsh and appleshaush.

tumblr_m92yynahSU1rsiox1o1_400.gif

OK. This totally hit home with me. We LOVED the Brady Bunch growing up and every time we had pork chops and applesauce - which was a lot because it was cheap and easy for mom to cook, I suppose - we would sit around the table saying that during dinner. Everyone would be all quiet and eating then one of us would randomly blurt out ..."Porkchops and Applesause" just like Peter did and we would all dissolve into giggles. Ah, a good childhood memory.

Sadly, I don't have very many. But that was a good one I can hold onto. Thanks Glenn.

I'll have to get to replies tomorrow, but since Rosie's itching to see the game results...

3 Judys !!!!!!

Wow, that's a lot.

Actually 2 for definate but the third on ToT is blurry and I am not at all sure Judy is 1 of the blurs so I will go with 2

2 definite? Judy left before the kids and I went on ToT...

I'll go with 1 Judy (Streets of America, carrying bag)

There it is, that's the answer! :cheer2:

Where's Glenn with the results!!!!!!

Okay, okay, you got me to come post 'em!

1 Judy !?!?

Yes, but Dee was first with this answer.

Congratulations to Dee this round, with the correct answer of 1...Judy walking ahead of me on the Streets of America.

Updated scores:
Marvin - 10 Judy-sighting wins, 4 Eagle Eye points :magnify:
Pat - 6 Judy-sighting wins, 1 Eagle Eye point :magnify:
Mark - 4 Judy-sighting wins
Dee - 4 Judy-sighting wins
Rosie - 3 Judy-sighting wins, 1 Eagle Eye point :magnify:
Dan - 3 Eagle Eye points :magnify:
Kelly - 3 Judy-sighting wins
Magdalene - 2 Judy-sighting wins
Katharina - 2 Judy-sighting wins
Jenn (elphie101) - 1 Judy-sighting win, First Subscriber Honors!
Tanya - 1 Judy-sighting win
Molly - 1 Judy-sighting win
Kathy - 1 Judy-sighting win
Mary Ellen - 1 Judy-sighting win
MissLiz - 1 Judy-sighting win

Wait - do you mean the ones you can buy and eat while you're shopping at the IKEA furniture store, or do they have them available to take home and cook them there? That would be the first I'm hearing of that...

They had them in a freezer case so you could buy them for home. We got them for the holidays while DS was here. We all loved them! They even had a "full meal deal" for 9.99 with meatballs, sauce and mashed potatoes.

With all of this discussion about healthy eating and IKEA's meatballs, I've officially lost control of this thread! :lmao:

Sorry - look what happens when you step away! :lmao:

I love the hat and poncho look! Maybe it will hit the runways for Spring. :rotfl2:

I'm surprised the lines were short for ST - So cool you got to ride it 3 times! i could only wish it would be like that this Summer for DGS, 8.

Seems like still a very successful day at DHS despite all the rain. It reminded me that I only ever experienced two really rainy days at WDW - and both were spent at DHS. Just a coincidence, but I think that DHS actually is a pretty good bad weather park as most attractions are indoor with fully enclosed queues. And they are all relatively close together.

Seems like you had a lot of fun - especially on Star Tours. I really like the new version as well - even though Katharina and I ended up with mostly identical rides every time we went on it. I have heard somewhere that the rebel spy is chosen from a few specific seats, so it depends on where you sit. Not sure if that is correct though.

glennbo123 said:
Yes, but Dee was first with this answer.

In my rush to answer I didn't even notice lol! I'm just glad that I've been able to even answer lately!

Wow, very impressive job enjoying HS despite the rain. Your parents were especially troopers. Nice choice of indoor attractions-

Well, we were there to do stuff. ;)

TSM rocks, of course! Where do you go for the handicapped entrance? Do you make it through the regular queue line past Mr. P and then skip the stairs?

We had fastpasses, so we skipped going past Mr. P anyway. It was kind of funny because I was towards the back of our group and just following and then all of a sudden realized that we were at a different loading area....which is to say I'm not sure how I got there!! I know we didn't go down the long hallway that winds back around, and it would make sense that a handicap entrance wouldn't have stairs, so yes, maybe they peeled us off right before the steps. :confused3

Backlot Tours and Muppets are decent attractions that tend to get overlooked in pursuit of some of the thrill rides in the park, glad you had a chance to share them with your parents.

They're also some of the older rides, so people may opt for the newer ones. They were good choices for my parents though.

Sorry to hear about the scare with your camera. :scared1: I use underwater-rated point & shoots pretty exclusively for my pictures, and they are very prone to leaks, so I am all too familiar with cameras dying at inopportune times. I'm so glad to hear it wasn't a fatal issue!

I was worried for a little while there. I couldn't wait to get back and see if some time on the charger would take care of it. I hoped it would, but wasn't sure what my chances were.

Nice finish of the visit to the park with rides on ToT and RNR

:thumbsup2

Sounds like a great day at DHS, despite the rain!

Not too shabby!

Your PIIIIIGGGGSS in SPAAAAACEEEE!! references go unrecognized??? You need to get the DVDs of the Muppet Show, stat!!! We have seasons 1-3, and watch them on a regular basis!! (I know, that's shocking... :laughing: )

:laughing: Yes, I'm shocked! And yes, I need to look into getting some DVD's. How many seasons were there, and are they all on DVD?

I knew you'd approve of our choice to go to Muppet 3D! ::yes::

Gram and Poppy look so cute in their ponchos. Glad they had a great day despite the rain!

I think I texted that picture to my siblings. :rotfl2:

Go James for his high score on TSM. Despite your technical malfunctions you ended up with a pretty good score too Mister. :thumbsup2

He has eclipsed me in the videogame department. It was bound to happen someday.

Sorry your camera battery bit the dust and you had to use your cell on a crappy weather day. No matter - your pictures did the trick - especially James face on RnR. Awesome!

I know I looked at the battery level before it died and everything looked okay...but now I know better.

That RnRC picture actually turned out better than the one I took with my good camera on our last trip. I remember that I had to doctor that one up quite a bit on Photobucket to be able to see our expressions. This one, I didn't touch.

I totally remember that Brady episode. So funny that you posted it! :rotfl:

That's one episode that if you saw it, you remembered it. At least that line. :laughing:

Sounds like, despite the rain, it was a fun day and I'm sure it helped keep the crowds down.

True, the crowds probably would've been worse.

Yes - its hard to believe how light it is in June at 8pm. I miss it. sniff sniff!

We're getting a little more sunlight every day now! :cool2:

-
Enjoying your trip so far. That's great that Judy was willing to go back with your parents so everyone could enjoy the day.

Thanks. Oh she didn't mind...she was ready to be done too. I'm more the one who'd like to get a couple more rides in.

For some strange reason the beginning of my post didn't show up??????

The DIS can be strange sometimes.

I had said that I had been lurking for a while and looking forward to your WWoHP day.

But I don't think this is your first post here, is it? I'm glad you'll be hanging around for the WWoHP section....but we have some ground to cover before we get there -- that's toward the end!

Looks like a pretty great day at DHS, despite the rain. And I'm with Stringbean: you need those Muppets DVDs! Younger generations should not be robbed of the joy of The Muppet Show!

:rotfl2: You're right! It was such a witty and clever show, it really was!

Fun afternoon despite Debby, those are some happy looking poncho folks, and nice that you got a little commando time with the kids later in the day.

A little bit of everything, and all despite the rain.

The rebel spy twice, I am thinking the buttons must have something to do with it but how fun is that! I want to go on it over and over and over next trip. I'm sure it won't happen, it will be ugly ugly crowds but I can dream, right?

Yeah, I think she was on to something with her "button hypothesis".

I meant to write in that chapter that 3 times in a row was enough, queasyness-wise. I didn't feel any queasyness after one ride, at all, but I was ready for that third one to be over, if you know what I mean. I don't think I could've handled a 4th one.

I am curious, the villa's really only have seating for dining for the 1B portion of a 2B. How did you manage that at dinner time? I've just realized that big family meals might be a challenge when we are maxing out room occupancy and have others from other rooms that will be joining us.

Hmmm, I'm trying to remember. It seems like we got everyone around it at least once, maybe with some seats at the end, but I don't even know what chairs we would've brought in....maybe a desk chair? I think most of the time a kid or two sat on the barstools at the counter. For breakfasts, we pretty much ate in shifts...not by design, but just that people ate when they got ready, which was at slightly different times.

It's funny that you mentioned the hat over the poncho because that was the first thing I noticed!

Well, I kind of write the chapters half by looking at my notes and half by looking at the pictures -- and that was the first thing I noticed too!

I think your parents managed to do quite a lot at DHS despite the rain. We had rain for part of the day when we were there in May and honestly I was quite miserable. So kudos to you!

We did our best to try to get some things done. Yeah, the rain, especially if it's coming down hard, can really make you miserable in a theme park!

I hope the weather improved (I don't remember anything about Debby now):confused3

Debby was a slow mover....i.e. more rain!

How did Gram and Poppy like TSM?

You know what, I don't know that they ever said!!! :faint: James was going on about his score, we were trying to get to the bathrooms down the street, dodging the raindrops, I had a camera snafu, we were trying to decide what to do next....I don't know! :lmao:

Fun update, Glenn. So great that you got to ride on Star Tours so many times in a row. Sorry James wouldn't do TOT with you guys. I love the redneck photo on Rock & Roll.

I was glad to ride Star Tours a couple of times to see some of the different scenes.

James'll ride ToT one of these days, and realize that it wasn't all that bad, but I'm okay with him doing it in his own time. For now. ;)

Glad your parents enjoyed Muppets; we missed it in September and December...we need to rectify that.

Yeah, it's a nice show. Good 3D. Lotsa fun. :thumbsup2

OK. This totally hit home with me. We LOVED the Brady Bunch growing up and every time we had pork chops and applesauce - which was a lot because it was cheap and easy for mom to cook, I suppose - we would sit around the table saying that during dinner. Everyone would be all quiet and eating then one of us would randomly blurt out ..."Porkchops and Applesause" just like Peter did and we would all dissolve into giggles. Ah, a good childhood memory.

Sadly, I don't have very many. But that was a good one I can hold onto. Thanks Glenn.

Ahh, that's great...I'm glad it brought back some good memories for you! :goodvibes Yeah, I watched a lot of tv, (too much, but I wouldn't have it any other way), growing up too. Having pork chops and applesauce on the menu actually went back to the planning stages....Judy and I sat down to come up with some meal ideas so that we could build a grocery list, and we thought that pork chops with some shake 'n bake might be an easy thing to make in the suite. Then she said, "well, what should we have with them?" And all I could think of was...."pork chopsch and appleshaush". :rotfl2:

Avoiding my challenge Huh Glenn !!!!!:rotfl2:Although reading the script, Judy may be VERY upset with me for thinking she is an Alien !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:

Sorry - look what happens when you step away! :lmao:

Yep! When the cat's away....

I love the hat and poncho look! Maybe it will hit the runways for Spring. :rotfl2:

Oh yes, it's all the rage in Paris (Texas).

I'm surprised the lines were short for ST - So cool you got to ride it 3 times! i could only wish it would be like that this Summer for DGS, 8.

I was surprised too, but happilly surprised. 3 times was enough though...after that, we all were feeling a little queasy. I don't know how well I would've handled a 4th trip. :worried:

:woohoo:

Insomnia pays off!

:rotfl2: Congrats!

Seems like still a very successful day at DHS despite all the rain. It reminded me that I only ever experienced two really rainy days at WDW - and both were spent at DHS. Just a coincidence, but I think that DHS actually is a pretty good bad weather park as most attractions are indoor with fully enclosed queues. And they are all relatively close together.

I had never really thought about it, but someone else said that it's probably the best park for a rainy day, and I agree, for the reasons you just mentioned. :)

Seems like you had a lot of fun - especially on Star Tours. I really like the new version as well - even though Katharina and I ended up with mostly identical rides every time we went on it. I have heard somewhere that the rebel spy is chosen from a few specific seats, so it depends on where you sit. Not sure if that is correct though.

The number of unique rides is a little misleading. I forget the numbers, (and you may know this -- you do your homework), but the ride has 3 or 4 "segments" and there are a few different scenes you can get for each of those. They calculate all the different permutations of that to say that there are X-number of different rides, but you could also potentially see all of the unique scenes in just a few rides, if you didn't get any repeats. We certainly saw many of the same scenes a few times.

Now in the pix carrying the bag which is the 1 wearing the same shirt in another is that NOT Judy!!???

You'll have to tell me which picture and which person you're thinking of....I don't see her in any picture other than the Streets of America one.

In my rush to answer I didn't even notice lol! I'm just glad that I've been able to even answer lately! �� I hope my emoji comes up lol!

Oh that's okay, I don't expect you to go through and check all of the previous answers first. :goodvibes Hmmm, I don't think your emoji came through, but I'll bet it was a good one! Here's where they come from:
Smiley_Factory_Avatar_by_Daylight_a.gif

No, just trying to reply in order. I don't have any idea what other picture you think you see her in. :confused3

Yes, you don't want to get on her bad side! :mad: :laughing:

It is the 7th pix right after the FP for RnR , what you said it was a pix of though is why I added the second comment :rotfl2::rotfl2:Judy the pix is blurry and it is the same color as your shirt and it looks like your hair is up !!:confused3:worship:;):rotfl2:

englishrose47 said:
It is the 7th pix right after the FP for RnR , what you said it was a pix of though is why I added the second comment :rotfl2::rotfl2:Judy the pix is blurry and it is the same color as your shirt and it looks like your hair is up !!:confused3:worship:;):rotfl2:

What?! You thought you saw her in a pic from the Star Tours queue?? Oh Rosie. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter