City, Sand, and Savanna - Link to new trip report

Glenn I thought I had it !!!! Only 3 minutes after you post and at a time that seemed right but all I see is 1` Giraffe !!!!:rotfl2::lmao::rotfl2:

Since the first portion of our trip was a graduation-celebration trip to New York City, taken by Judy and Lauren, I'll turn the trip-reporting duties over to my capable daughter, Lauren. Take it away Lauren!

We were off bright and early (well early for me, that is) on Thursday morning. 8 am was the magical time that we headed on our way. We drove all the way to Hamilton, Jersey. We arrived there around 10 am. It took us a little while to find where we were supposed to park. Thankfully, a kind man helped us and gave us directions to the parking garage which was for people parking overnight. Then we spent a good amount of our time circling and circling until we finally found a parking space.
We got our tickets for both there and back. Then we waited inside the station for our train to arrive at 10:22.

NYC2012002.jpg

NYC2012004.jpg

Then we got on the train and sat down in the seats nearest the door. A guy came around and clipped people’s tickets. He clipped it so much I expected to see a word on it, like in the Polar Express.

NYC2012005.jpg

A few stops after ours, two guys came onto the train with gargantuan suitcases. I was able to see on one of them that they were from Israel. Plus, they were speaking a different language, which was pretty cool. I also took a picture of the inside of the train. Pretty nice, huh??

NYC2012006.jpg

Not long after that an announcement came on. We couldn’t understand the majority of it, which happened quite often, and just stayed put. Then, a lady who seemed to have had her fill of newcomers on the train for the day, yelled at us for sitting where luggage was supposed to go. Then we moved to a different seat for the rest of the ride. I snapped a picture of a train that was stopped next to us at one point, just to show you what it looked like from the outside.

NYC2012007.jpg

Finally, we made it to Penn Station in New York, not New Jersey. Who thought of that anyway?? We exited the train into a rather grimy hallway and up the stairs and then out. I took a picture of our view out of Penn Station into New York City. This one picture shows the first of many pigeons we would see throughout our trip. My mom called them “rats with wings” which I have to say is very accurate.

NYC2012008.jpg

NYC2012009.jpg

We picked up a taxi to the right of the exit and we were off to the hotel. We passed the building where they write and print the New York Times.

NYC2012010.jpg

Oh, and I took a picture of the inside of the taxi looking out. There were cars everywhere!!

NYC2012011.jpg

I really liked the buildings in this next picture because of their uniqueness and color.

NYC2012012.jpg

As we passed, and throughout our trip we saw these busses giving tours of the highlights of the city. They’re double decker which was pretty nice too.

NYC2012013.jpg

There’s a picture of the TV in the taxi because my Mom didn’t see it at first. Maybe it was because of the driver mumbling to himself. I couldn’t tell if he had a Bluetooth, but I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.

NYC2012014.jpg

I took this next picture for my Dad, because he used to have Pez in his truck all the time. This store had HUGE pez dispensers of all kinds. If you look close you can see different Batman characters and cartoons.

NYC2012015.jpg

Then I saw this Wendy’s that had two stories and just had to take a picture.

NYC2012016.jpg

NYC2012017.jpg

As I write this stuff, I’m realizing how much of a country bumpkin I sound. Oh well, I am after all. Next is a candid shot of Mom looking out the window, enjoying herself.

NYC2012018.jpg

I had to snap a picture of this cart full of bags on the side of the street. It just seemed so odd for it to be there. It was one of the first things that reminded me of the Bahamas straw market because they sell discounted, designer bags.

NYC2012021.jpg

We got to our hotel, called the Manhattan Club. I took some shots of the inside with the marble floors and comfy couches to sit on.

NYC2012022.jpg

I also really loved the chandeliers, very beautiful.

NYC2012023.jpg

NYC2012024.jpg

We gave our luggage to the bellman because our room wasn’t ready yet and set out for lunch and to tour the city a little.

Up next: Scenes from an Italian restaurant
Link to next chapter

Im here!:wave2:

Well, at least now I've laid down some cyber bread crumbs so I can find my way back when I disappear again.

Oh and 4 Judy's

:wave2: Hi Lauren! Glad to hear about NYC!! There's definitely no city like it (though I'm more partial to Boston........but I'm completely biased ;))

Can't wait for more!

I'd never heard of it as "LSD". I think I mostly hear it just all run together --sssssLower Delaware.

If you are ever down at the Delaware beaches you will notice the LSD stickers on a lot of cars. It actually took me awhile to figure out what it was too. :confused3

Joining in! I've lurked on previous TRs and enjoyed them.

Great start! I loved the colors of that building too!

Can't wait to hear more about the trip!

I say 4 Judys too.

Me too but maybe glenn didn't notice 1 !!!Then I win !!!:rotfl2::rotfl2:Maybe I can get a point for catching a Double Decker bus home from school regularly!!!:goodvibes:lmao: Or maybe I could say5 and insist their was a Judy reflection in one of the shop windows !!!:rotfl2:

He clipped it so much I expected to see a word on it, like in the Polar Express.

NYC2012005.jpg

Love that! BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took a picture of our view out of Penn Station into New York City. This one picture shows the first of many pigeons we would see throughout our trip. My mom called them “rats with wings” which I have to say is very accurate.

We say that about crows.

Great start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Glad Lauren and Judy had an uneventful trip into the city! It is funny how many holes they'll punch into those tickets, but I've never seen anything but a ticket resembling Swiss cheese at the end! :laughing:

Oh, and I took a picture of the inside of the taxi looking out. There were cars everywhere!!

NYC2012011.jpg

I love Lauren's description of the train ride and the pictures from the city.

This is my favorite picture.

I counted 3 Judys, but I'm going with 6 because I haven't seen anyone guess that yet.

Lauren, I think I was 16 the first time I went to NYC and I remember seeing and feeling exactly the same as you. Your descriptions actually brought back some good memories for me. Thank you :goodvibes I look forward to hearing more.

:rotfl2:I love Judy's description of the pigeons. Very accurate but I have to say, I think NYC pigeons actually have manners...and least compared to those horrid Florida birds:scared1:

I am waiting for the next Judy sighting:rotfl2: as for LSD to me it means pounds ,shillings and pence !!!!:lmao: For the ultimate Pidgeon experience go to Trafalgar Square in London!!!:lmao:

Great start to your portion of the report, Lauren! And its so much fun to hear your perspective on NY. For some of us who live there (or near there), we can get sort of jaded and take all of it for granted. :goodvibes

Me too. Yell when you're back, and we'll put the wheels in motion.

Hey, you only have 5 days until your trip! :cool1:

AF3Giraffe2.gif

:cool1::banana::woohoo: Can't wait!

How will you explain that glitter to the Missus?

With our kids, she won't suspect a thing.

As I recall, your shirt was really nice too. You have impeccable taste. :thumbsup2

Why thank you. Great minds. :thumbsup2

I'd never heard of it as "LSD". I think I mostly hear it just all run together --sssssLower Delaware.

I usually call it Slower Delaware. Takes fewer syllables that way, and I'm a very lazy man.

Then we got on the train and sat down in the seats nearest the door. A guy came around and clipped people’s tickets. He clipped it so much I expected to see a word on it, like in the Polar Express.

What did it say? "Be sure to drink your Ovaltine"?

A few stops after ours, two guys came onto the train with gargantuan suitcases.

Excellent use of the word "gargantuan". :thumbsup2

Then, a lady who seemed to have had her fill of newcomers on the train for the day, yelled at us for sitting where luggage was supposed to go.

Welcome to New York!

This one picture shows the first of many pigeons we would see throughout our trip. My mom called them “rats with wings” which I have to say is very accurate.

I still think they're less obnoxious than seagulls.

I had to snap a picture of this cart full of bags on the side of the street. It just seemed so odd for it to be there. It was one of the first things that reminded me of the Bahamas straw market because they sell discounted, designer bags.

"Discounted"? Is that what they're calling them these days? :rotfl:

Great job Lauren! Can't wait to see what happens next.

I guess proper mutilation keeps people from trying to re-use tickets.

My mom called them “rats with wings” which I have to say is very accurate.
I've always thought that's what bats were, but it's a pretty good description of pigeons as well.

Hmmm... confirming the accuracy of Hollywood in this case. :lmao:

Maybe it was because of the driver mumbling to himself. I couldn’t tell if he had a Bluetooth, but I’ll give him the benefit of the doubt.
Ok, were you really giving him the benefit of the doubt, or just saying that to make yourself feel a little less concerned for your own safety?

As I write this stuff, I’m realizing how much of a country bumpkin I sound.
:confused3 Sounds pretty normal to this country bumpkin. :thumbsup2 :rotfl2:

It was one of the first things that reminded me of the Bahamas straw market because they sell discounted, designer bags.
I think you left a word out of that sentence. It starts with "F" and ends with "ake."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter