• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

City Mini Stroller...what color recommended, which is most popular?

And if anyone is interested to know the differences between 2011 and 2012, there's a video review on that on youtube. just search for city mini 2011 vs 2012 or something like that.

I bought the tray for 19.99 off Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013BQWLG/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00

I think it does sit a little high. Lily just turned 6 and is just a little below average size and it fits just right for her. But for an older child it's really handy. Her Thermos funtainer fits in the cup holder. She was eating chicken nuggets and ranch in the picture. It's easy to take off and I store it in the mesh pocket on the back. I gate checked the stroller with the tray in that pocket and it was fine. I totally forgot it was in there.

I bought the tray for 19.99 off Amazon. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0013BQWLG/ref=oh_details_o06_s00_i00

I think it does sit a little high. Lily just turned 6 and is just a little below average size and it fits just right for her. But for an older child it's really handy. Her Thermos funtainer fits in the cup holder. She was eating chicken nuggets and ranch in the picture. It's easy to take off and I store it in the mesh pocket on the back. I gate checked the stroller with the tray in that pocket and it was fine. I totally forgot it was in there.

That's good to know about the pocket! We're driving, but it helps to know it can be stored well in the stroller.

And I don't know why I didn't notice your user name before! Our baby girl's name is Lily also! Love her name!

Oh i so want this troller. Im trying to convice the hubby to get it but he seems to think our greaco one that came with the infant carrier is just fine...how do you all convice your hubbys to get this?

I convinced my DH by showing him how SIMPLE the fold was. It seriously is the best collapse I have found. I can do it while holding my 2.5 year old DD in one arm.

We bought the black - bc I found a girl on etsy.com that makes the most AWESOME liners and accessories for the City Mini so I thought they all could go with black!

Oh i so want this troller. Im trying to convice the hubby to get it but he seems to think our greaco one that came with the infant carrier is just fine...how do you all convice your hubbys to get this?

Well, he was totally against it until I took him to BRU to try it out. After folding it and unfolding it a few times, he was sold! LOL! We even saw another dad in the store pushing his little boy around in theirs. I stopped and asked how he liked it, telling him we were contemplating on buying one. After hearing him go on about the advantages over the Graco (which we were pushing our dd around in) and the FOLD (lol), it sealed the deal for dh. ROFL!!!

Seriously, if you haven't tried it out, go somewhere that sells them and do it! We strolled around the store w/ our baby in the stroller to try it. I am not kidding when I say I wish I had found this stroller w/ #1 instead of #7. We've gone through so many strollers over the past 15+ years- Several different Graco styles, Evenflo, Chicco, First Years, Bumbleride (currently have the Bumbleride Flite, which I "like" but don't "love"). This one is my fave by far.

Once you try it out in the store, buy it online instead. So much cheaper! you can pretty much get it for $240-250 shipped at most places. However, I bought mine a few weeks ago at justkidsstore.com for $212 shipped! Use bump15 code to get 15% off. I got the purple and it's so pretty! It's more of a plum, really. IMO, it is not girly. My 4yo son certainly doesn't think so. He hasn't used a stroller in well over a year or so, and all of a sudden he's "tired of walking" now that Lily has a new ride that isn't pink and he can fit in. LOL! I was going to get a 2011 model to save money, but after seeing the differences in the 2012 model and finding out that I could get it for $212 (just a bit more than the 2011 discounted models), I decided to go that direction instead.

Hope that helps!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter