• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

City Mini Stroller vs. City Micro Stroller

PrincessCooper's Mom

Mouseketeer
I have read lots of reviews on the City Mini but I cannot find anything about the City Micro. I am looking for stroller for my 3 year old daughter. The only time we use stroller is at Disney so as much as I like the City Mini that I looked at in Toys R Us I cannot justify $239.00. I have seen the City Micro online for $99.00. I have even looked for the measurements to compare and I cannot find those either. If anyone out there has any information on City Micro, please share.

Thanks!

IIRC, the Micro is actually heavier than the Mini, and the sunshade isn't nearly as nice/big. I don't have any hard stats for you, but I do know that I ruled out the Micro early on in my stroller hunt. Are you planning to have another kid at some point? That's how I sold the idea of the Britax B-Agile (which I chose over the BJCM) to my DH :rotfl:

albeebaby.com has the city mini for $179 plus tax right now !! Free shipping. I paid $196. It's only on tweo colors but it was one that I wanted and they never go on sale so I jumped on the deal.
I loved the city mini when we rented from magic strollers. Have been watching for a sale since January.

albeebaby.com has the city mini for $179 plus tax right now !! Free shipping. I paid $196. It's only on tweo colors but it was one that I wanted and they never go on sale so I jumped on the deal.
I loved the city mini when we rented from magic strollers. Have been watching for a sale since January.

Thank you so much for this post. I was about to grab one on another site today. I was hoping for all black, but my little girl will look sweet in the pink/black. Saved me $50!!! Thank you!:worship:

I have a city mini double and I love it. It's seriously sad how much I am in love with a stroller- worth every penny IMO. HTH!

The main differences between the mini and micro are

Mini
large multi position canopy, 8 inch quick release wheels, and a padded recline that is nearly flat.

Micro
6" front and 8" rear quick release wheels, minimal recline, and while it says two position canopy it is really only good in one position which is doesn't not extend as far as the mini.

the dimensions of the two strollers will be about the same and only a difference of an .5 inch to 2 and 2 inches would be pushing. the seat dimensions of my mini are the same as my elite the frame is just different.

We have the Mini, and if you can grab it on the albeebaby.com sale, I would do that! The canopy is SO much better than the Micro, I can't speak to the other differences between the two though, as I didn't look at the Micro.

That is a great review with comparisons of both city mini and city micro. That is exactly what I needed. I have gone to local Toys R Us and looked at city mini but I cannot justify paying that much for a stoller that we only use occasionally that will probably end up parked most of the time. I hated to order the micro without seeing it but that review was great. Now I just have to justify buying it. At least I can sale it at children's sale I participate in 2x yearly when we get through with it. Surely I could get $50.00 fo it after we finish with it in a couple of years. So if I look at it as spending $50.00 for a great stoller, totally justifiable. The only problem is this years fall sale is September 9 & 10 and we leave on the 17th for Disney World. My luck I will order it and then find one at the local sale. Decisions! Decisions! Has anyone ordered from allbeebaby and how long did it take to arrive. I am thinking it is cutting it to close to wait until end of sale on the 10th and if did not find what I want then ordering it. That would only give it 6 days to arrive before we left.

Thanks for all the responses!!!

If my husband hadn't just snatched the camera then I would be posting a thread about the city micro ;) I just took pictures in comparison to a Mac Triumph. I think that the Micro is more than sufficient probably even better for your 3 year old and here are the main reasons why

Taller space under sun shade
Slimmer fold
Cheaper

Even on sale I wouldn't pay $179 for a Mini if I had a 3 year old and could spent $99 for a Micro. It's totally sufficient. Check back for my post about it!

I also wanted to add that the Micro and Mini are EXACTLY the same weight- 16.8 lbs. The frame on the Micro is heaver than the mini, but what is on the frame is pared down, so they equal each other.

Call up Albeebaby. They told me exactly when to order it to arrive at the resort a few days before we did. I think it was 10 business days, but it was 3 yrs ago.

I ordered a Perego Pliko P3. I even asked if I needed a screwdriver or any other tools to assemble it. I didn't!

If my husband hadn't just snatched the camera then I would be posting a thread about the city micro ;) I just took pictures in comparison to a Mac Triumph. I think that the Micro is more than sufficient probably even better for your 3 year old and here are the main reasons why

Taller space under sun shade
Slimmer fold
Cheaper

Even on sale I wouldn't pay $179 for a Mini if I had a 3 year old and could spent $99 for a Micro. It's totally sufficient. Check back for my post about it!

I 100% agree with this. The Mini it not worth the cost and there is no way it will fit your 3 year old comfortably. My just turned 2 year old's head hits the back of the canopy. She looked way too big in it. The Micro's seat back is much taller. Plus, while the canopy is bigger, it also doesn't allow your child to see all around while in Disney. I have the City Elite and my daughter hates when the canopy is all the way down so 90% of the time I have it pulled partially back anyway.

That said, I have the Mac Volo and my 2 year old prefers it to any stroller right now because she is in a more upright position, can see all around her, and can get in and out on her own. I also like it because it is more compact and you can fold it while still keeping all of your stuff in the maclaren bag. My biggest pet peeve with the City's "patent" fold is that you can keep anything stored in aftermarket handlebar storage because it all falls out.

So I would pick the Micro for sure but I wouldn't rule out a Mac either. I have had mine since my oldest was 1 (about 9 years ago) and it is still in great shape.

If you are interested in a Mac, check out the Britax Blink. It's very similar but you get a lot more than a Volo for about the same price. www.albeebaby.com has them on for $70. The Blink has a bit larger canopy, pocket pouch on the back of the seat, reclines, etc. I also heard that it doesn't tip as easily as the Mac's do.

I decided on the Micro.
I ordered the Micro on 9/6/11 and it was delivered on 9/12/11.
AND I LOVE IT!!!

My daughter is three (4 in October) and is tall for her age. We went and looked at strollers because I really did not want to put a lot of money in because we do not need one often. My husband went because he is the one that has to fold it and carry it. Every umbrella stoller we put her in her head was over the top and had no support and she looked like she was all scrunched up and uncomfortable. Even the very expensive umbrella strollers. There was a Citi Mini there that we also tried and loved, but was not paying that much. So I posted on here and I got great review that had pictures comparing the Citi and Micro. Everything that was different about them I liked better on the Micro. Smaller shade! Smaller price!

Thanks for great information.
If anyone has questions feel free to ask.

WE LEAVE IN 4 DAYS!!!

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2545976

I have the review with the mini and the micro. I've had the micro for over a yr now. I still love it. The green does show dirt, wonder if I chould have tried to spray it with scotch guard? the city mini double is still my all time favorite, would love to have the single. The new britax version looks great too.
The micros has been to disney twice, so far so good. Last trip was 4th of July, only had my almost 4 yr old with me, it was plenty of stroller for him. This is not going to replace a stroller for an infant but for an extra or for an older toddler, definately worth the price paid.
Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter