City Micro Stroller??

mommy4

DIS Veteran
Anybody have the City Micro Stroller? How is it? Does it compare with the City Mini? We rented a City Mini in November and Loved it!! I can't really justify the $250 cost of one of those, but found the Micro for a lot less.
Thanks!

It depends on where you bought it. The original City Micro was supposed to be a scaled down version of a Mini. However it was not as good from the reviews I've read. I recently bought a City Micro from Target when they were clearanced out of the stores (although available for full price online). It appears to be a lot closer to the City Mini. It has the full sun shade and it fully reclines. I don't think it has as much padding as the Mini and it doesn't have a backboard (although I think that's buyable). However it works well for us. It appears that the Target ones are not the same as the original Micros.

I don't know anything about it, BUT I would suggest checking the weight limits on both and if the citi mini is higher go for it. Buying a cheaper stroller isn't worth it if you're going to have to upgrade again anyway.

I also heard that you can get last years model for slightly cheaper, too, so that may be an option.

So, yeah, totally didn't answer your question at all, but I'm sitting here wishing I'd purchased the citi elite several years ago instead of the citi mini (the elite didn't even exist when I bought mine I don't think, lol).

We rented a City Micro from a stroller company (Simple Strollers) for friends visiting, and it was great. The wheels seemed smaller than other rental strollers I saw. I think they compare them on their website or you could email them and ask.

(Please ignore typos, I post from my phone.)

the micro is pretty much the same as the mini except that it doesn't recline as much, the wheels are smaller and the shade is smaller. We have both a mini and micro and we love them both. for a smaller baby, I would say the mini is more worth it as it fully reclines and better shade. we had bought the micro for our then 3 yo triplets and loved it. for the latest baby, we had to get the mini as we took her to Disney at 3month old and the micro wouldn't cut it. she is almost 1 yo and at home we use them both. If micro is what you can afford, go for it. it fold just as easy and just as light at the mini

We bought the micro from Target when it was on clearance. It's a great stroller, very comparableto our City Mini Double. We'll be taking both with us on our trip. My 43" tall son can ride in it comfortably as well.

Thanks everyone, I think I'm going to get it. Our daughter is almost 2 and tall for her age. I think this will work for her.

I have been on the hunt for a new stroller and the City Micro was on my list. I was also considering the city mini but did not want to spend that much. I went and tested out the city mini and the Britax B-Agile. Going in I thought for sure I wanted the City Mini but I ended up liking the britax better and it was on sale for $179 at BRU. The britax was more compact when folded and handled better overall. It still has the great canopy and recline that the city mini offers. I watched a video of the city micro online and was not impressed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter