Citricos, your opinions please

Mustangdi

Mouseketeer
We have never been and I made a res. My daughter looked at
the menu and it didn't interest her. I want to try a way to talk
her into keeping the res. She is not picky, just not wanting to
try a new place. Tell me why this would be a good
dining exp.

Citricos is one of the best of Disney's restaurants and offers a rare opportunity for a quiet and more upscale dining experience at WDW. The food and presentation are good, as is the service.

Citricos is one of the handful of Disney restaurants that really feels upscale. It is lovely and as already mentioned, the food, ambiance and service are all very good. They have a nice wine and drink selection too. Service is not rushed, which provides a relaxing experience. We love to try new restaurants, but Citricos will be one that we go back to for sure! I would definitely recommend giving it a try!

we had probably the best meal we've ever had at Disney while dining at Citrico's in January...outstanding service and spectacular food. Very upscale feel to the place; and it was quieter than most Disney restaurants though there were people there with small children (at 9:30 at night. :confused3)

Thanks for your comments. I think I will try the black
linguini. I am looking at the menu again and glad I got this
res.:thumbsup2

Your daughter will be fine . . .

Our Ratings of Citricos: (rev 4/13/2011)
. . . food price value: B
. . . food quality: A
. . . food quantity per serving: B
. . . food prep speed: B
. . . food selection: B
. . . seating quantity: C
. . . seating comfort: B
. . . eatery atmosphere: B
. . . eatery convenience: B
. . . staff friendliness: A
. . . staff helpfulness: B
. . . character interaction: n/a

NOTE: Citricos is a gracious and relaxing place to eat
at GF. It has a Mediterranean flair, but is highly tailored
to the American taste. We are fond of the Veal Shank for
the entree. Try the duck confit & cheese ravioli for the
appetizer, and the bean soup or chilled asparagus & ham for
the salad course. Citricos is only one of five sitdown
eateries we patronize at WDW
, and only one of the two
that are owned by Disney. To be noted, the menu, service
and prices are upscale. Highly recommended.

Sorry to be the downer here but have to say that my family was underwhelmed by our Citricos experience in December '10 and we were really looking forward to it.

We had to wait longer than usual for our table, our waiter was somewhat inattentive and I thought the atmosphere was louder and brighter than what I would have expected from an upscale restaurant. We were on Deluxe plan so had already eaten at Flying Fish, Hacienda, and Jiko (wow!) and Citricos was our least favorite for a experience vs. value proposition.

But maybe we got our waiter on an off night. Food was quite good but not as good as the raves from disboards had led me to believe.

Sorry to be the downer here but have to say that my family was underwhelmed by our Citricos experience in December '10 and we were really looking forward to it.

We had to wait longer than usual for our table, our waiter was somewhat inattentive and I thought the atmosphere was louder and brighter than what I would have expected from an upscale restaurant. We were on Deluxe plan so had already eaten at Flying Fish, Hacienda, and Jiko (wow!) and Citricos was our least favorite for a experience vs. value proposition.

But maybe we got our waiter on an off night. Food was quite good but not as good as the raves from disboards had led me to believe.
Thank god I'm not the only person to think Citricos is overrated. I think the food is mediocre for what it's supposed to be (Mediterranean), and I prefer the atmosphere of other signatures.

Nevertheless, everyone here seems to love it.

Citricos is my fav restaurant at Disney. The service and food have always been nothing short of amazing for me.
The food isn't all that creative or unusual compared to say, Jiko or Flying Fish, but what makes it exceptional is the execution and quality.
The staff also makes it feel like a special occasion, all the time. Ask for Kiera or the blonde Nancy as your server if you go. :thumbsup2

We thought the food was good, though not especially extraordinary. Ambiance was also nice, though I felt the place was a bit loud. In fairness though, it's probably quieter than many WDW restaurants.

We have never been and I made a res. My daughter looked at
the menu and it didn't interest her. I want to try a way to talk
her into keeping the res. She is not picky, just not wanting to
try a new place. Tell me why this would be a good
dining exp.

Without knowing more about your daughter its hard to respond to your question. How old? Does she enjoy trying new/different foods? Does she like a longer meal? Things like that.

We like it because its a elegant room with really good service and food.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter