Citricos or California Grill

lcsmom

Mouseketeer
Made (for us) last minute reservations for the end of July/ first of August. Now must see what ADRs are available. We have DDE. Have never been to either Citricos or CG. Which should I ask for first? A good wine list is important. It will be DH, myself and DD13. We all like to try new food.
Thanks

Both are LOVELY, but the California Grill is just spectacular in my opinion! I would say it has the edge over Citricos, but I would be really happy going to either of them!

Happy eating!

Miranda

.... and you will be happy with either. My preference - and I have eaten at both - is California Grill. I didn't have my camera with me at Citricos (my brother borrowed it for the princess dinner at 1900 Park Fair) - but here are pictures for CG:

California Grill Pictures on disboards

I just returned from both this week and I would say Citricos. We have been going to Cali Grill for years (at least 8) and it was one of our favorite places, but this trip it was miserable. Bad service, bad food, they no longer dim the lights inside during the fireworks, so even though we had the perfect seat the reflection off the glass ruined the "mood". Also, it was very "cafeteria-like" with noise. We had to shout to hear each other and we were not in the middle of it all.
Citricos was awesome, although there is no "view". Our server was amazing, sneaking us out the back door to watch Wishes, we received a tour of the Chef's Table since it was not booked and the food was fabulous. Plus we could hear!
Both places do have great wine lists though. CG obviously heavily on California Wines. I am hoping that night was a fluke, but I am not going to chance it again on my October trip.

We've been to both and prefer CG though Citricos is really good. I think the food is slightly better in CG but Citricos does come very close. Plus the view from CG just can't be beat. Try both if you can! If not, my vote's for the CG.

I can't *legitimately* vote on this as I have not eaten at California Grill. I have been to Citricos twice and I love it, so I don't think you will go wrong.

My parents have done both California Grill and Citricos and they prefer Citricos.

I do like hearing the opinions from people who have been to BOTH!!

I've been to both several times, love them. However, Citricos is a vastly different experience: quiet, unrushed, with cuisine and service you'd expect in a three our four-star restaurant back home. It's more suited for couples.

Citricos is our favorite. Mainly because the staff trys hard to please. THeir new Chef Phillip is a great. He is bringing new stuff the new menu that matches a more Med cuisine. The wines are paired and most of the wait staff are somielles, so that can offer an informed opinion to better match your taste.

The biggest difference that Citricos feels they are step above CG is that they are truly a white linen service. We love the place so much that we are bringing 19 members of our family to celebrate our 10th anniversary. Perhaps a review will be in order when we get back this weekend.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter