• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Citricos - Fireworks

danijake

Vegan Cupcake Baker Extraordinaire!
I want to book a reservation at Citricos for our 10 year anniversary this Fall. I know that there is no view of the fireworks at Citricos, so I'm trying to figure out when to book my reservation to allow time to head elsewhere to view them. Does anyone have any suggestions? We were thinking of heading to the Polynesian to view the fireworks.

Thanks in advance!

-- Edited to add -- Wishes will be at 9pm during our visit.

Last edited:
Allow 2hours for dinner. You can view Wishes from the GF dock or the deck outside Narcoossees.

I would also view Wishes from the GF Dock, rather than try to take the boat over to the Poly (especially given the construction at the Poly). In terms of timing, it depends on how many courses your family orders, how big your group is, when you are going, etc. For my family of three adults, a three course Signature meal takes between 1.5 and 2 hours. So, in order to allow enough time to dine without having to fee rushed, I would make an ADR for about 2.5 to 3 hours before Wishes is scheduled to start. That gives you some time cushion in case Citricos is running behind schedule (I had to wait 45 minutes past my ADR one time).

My wife and I have actually done Citricos AFTER watching the MSEP and Wishes (9PM) from inside the park. After a mid-day break from the parks, we head back to the room and shower and change. We get to MK about an hour before MSEP, at which time we are usually able to grab a spot upstairs at the train station. We split popcorn and soda to hold us over. After Wishes ends, we exit MK quickly and are on the first boat over to GF. When we have planned this, we usually grab a 9:50 ADR, although we have been there as early as 9:30 (I wouldn't risk earlier than 9:50 incase there is a glitch in getting out of the park or on a boat/monorail). The best thing is, by the time you are getting your entrees, the rest of the restaurant is just about empty and by dessert there may be just 1 or 2 other tables left. It is very peaceful and quiet and romantic at this time, IMO. We have never been rushed before and more than once we have chatted with the chefs after our meal (my wife has peanut/tree nut allergies, so the chefs like to come by to see how everything was for her).

Allow 2hours for dinner. You can view Wishes from the GF dock or the deck outside Narcoossees.

I was told that the wrap around deck that's part of Narcooossee's is only open to dinner customers at Narcoossee's? The last two trips we did it, the only people on the deck were guests who were there for dinner too/

We're having a dinner at Citricos too, on our next trip, and planning to view fireworks afterwards. I have heard the deck at Narcoosee's would be only for guests dining at that restaurant. I was wondering if they are super strict on that. Is there another place at GF, another dock area? Do they have the music piped in? I'm not very familiar with the resort. Debating trying to view from GF or going to Poly. I think I've heard watching fireworks at Poly isn't as easy as it used to be. Anyone?

Actually, you CAN see the fireworks at Citricos but it's a side view and there is no piped in music like at the California Grill. I had my birthday dinner there an was pleasantly surprised at the fireworks. The CM even noted how it's such an unknown secret. If I recall, the view fireworks AR best seen towards the back of the restaurant .

Actually, you CAN see the fireworks at Citricos but it's a side view and there is no piped in music like at the California Grill. I had my birthday dinner there an was pleasantly surprised at the fireworks. The CM even noted how it's such an unknown secret. If I recall, the view fireworks AR best seen towards the back of the restaurant .

This. We ate there last September, and were able to watch HalloWishes while we ate. Again, no music was piped in, but it was still pretty nice. The restaurant wasn't crowded at all. I wasn't sure if we got the table out of dumb luck, or because we had our "Just Engaged" pins on.

That's interesting to note. Only a portion of the restaurant must be able to see the fireworks because I was seated towards the entrance (across from the bar area) and you could only see one or two bursts, plus the colored sky through the windows.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter