• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Citrico’s and Dessert Party?

CharlotteStreet

Earning My Ears
We have a 5:15 Citrico’s reservation and a reservation for MK Treats and Seats Fireworks party (7 pm check in, 8 pm fireworks) that same night. We’ve never done Citrico’s or a fireworks party. Is this enough time to eat (skip dessert) and get into the park for the fireworks party? Has Citrico’s generally been seating people on time for their reservations? How does seating at the seats and treats party work? Are tables preassigned, or first come, first served? Is there any advantage to getting there at 7, as opposed to a little later (other than having more time at the party)? How late does the party go after the fireworks end? MK closes at 8:30 that day due to the Halloween party. Would appreciate any insight from people who’ve done these recently. Thanks!

Tables are neither pre assigned in the traditional sense (think weddings) or first come, first serve since you have a reservation.

I‘d arrive 15 minutes early (I think the restaurant opens at 5:00 PM), explain my next ADR, to the podium and assigned waitstaff. Order a room temperature appetizer and an entree that doesn’t need last minute prep. Or just ask the waiter for guidance. I’d give my party an hour and a half to eat and get the check then take the boat service over to MK. With good luck you’ll arrive on time for the dessert party. Never done a dessert party so this is my best info.

From reading/watching previous reviews I would schedule Citricos a little earlier to give yourself breathing room to enjoy your dinner.

The tables at the dessert party are first come first serve. If you want the best tables with views at the railing and not further under the roof I'd arrive earlier. The line grows pretty fast at 45 minutes out. If you don't care about where you sit at the party arriving before or at 7pm is fine. Also, they start putting away the food when the fireworks start, so be sure to grab eveything you want (grab two drinks at once) first time through so you don't miss out on something.

Last edited:

Thanks, great tips. The boat service will be faster to MK than the monorail, you think?
In truth, I’m not sure. Perhaps check the boat and monorail schedules? I really try not to plan events this close together though on paper everything sounds doable, 😊

From reading/watching previous reviews I would schedule Citricos a little earlier to give yourself breathing room to enjoy your dinner.

The tables at the dessert party are first come first serve. If you want the best tables with views at the railing and not further under the roof I'd arrive earlier. The line grows pretty fast at 45 minutes out. If you don't care about where you sit at the party arriving before or at 7pm is fine. Also, they start putting away the food when the fireworks start, so be sure to grab eveything you want (grab two drinks at once) first time through so you don't miss out on something.
Thanks, great information! I had no idea they stopped serving food once the fireworks started! For what they charge, I assumed they served it throughout the fireworks and even a little after. We will be sure to load up! And ugh what is with people lining up for the party? For me whole point is to avoid having to wait for a spot. I’ve been trying to move the dinner earlier, but haven’t seen any availability. I’ll keep trying.

Thanks, great information! I had no idea they stopped serving food once the fireworks started! For what they charge, I assumed they served it throughout the fireworks and even a little after. We will be sure to load up! And ugh what is with people lining up for the party? For me whole point is to avoid having to wait for a spot. I’ve been trying to move the dinner earlier, but haven’t seen any availability. I’ll keep trying.
Take everything I suggested with a grain of salt though, things could have changed for this "new" party. I also have a reservation in December for Treats and Seats, so I'm trying to be prepared as well! Hopefully we'll get some recent reviews for our 50th version!
No matter what you'll have a table at the party, so I'd enjoy Citricos and not worry about the line.

DFB has a review up! They let you in 30 minutes in advance and the tables are reserved for you now, so don't worry about heading over too early.

I think it'll be pushing it. You'll have 1 hour to dine at Citrico's before heading to the Dessert Party at 6:30. I don't think it can be done, and even if it could, Citrico's is an awfully nice restaurant to rush through. You might consider switching to Grand Floridian Cafe, which also has good food. (For what it's worth, I prefer the GF Cafe's Miso Glazed Salmon over either of the fish dishes at Citrico's). I dined at both restaurants this past week. Times:

1 Hour - GF Cafe Lunch, me solo, entree only
1.5 Hours - GF Cafe Dinner for 4 at 5:30pm (app, entree, dessert)
3 Hours - Citrico's Dinner for 4 at 5:30pm (app, entree dessert)

Citrico's - We had been planning to go into the park for Enchantment but ended up just watching from the Marina, since we didn't get out of Citrico's until 8:30. We did have appetizer & cocktails, entree and dessert & coffee. However, we'd reviewed the menu in advance, so we ordered quite quickly. The experience took a really long time, but I didn't "feel" like it took a long time, if that makes sense.

DFB has a review up! They let you in 30 minutes in advance and the tables are reserved for you now, so don't worry about heading over too early.
Just fyi - I did the Oct 5 Dessert Party. It was a total, utter mess. I wrote a review elsewhere. Completely oversold. I arrived for check in at 6:30 (fireworks at 8). By 7:30 I was still in line and there was a long line of people behind me. I got a refund.

Just fyi - I did the Oct 5 Dessert Party. It was a total, utter mess. I wrote a review elsewhere. Completely oversold. I arrived for check in at 6:30 (fireworks at 8). By 7:30 I was still in line and there was a long line of people behind me. I got a refund.
I was already disappointed by the cost and food offerings. It just keeps getting better and better.
Sorry it didn't turn out and but I'm glad you were able to get a refund.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter