• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cirque du Soleil

joellydis

Earning My Ears
Hi! Planning on going to Cirque du Soleil this time around. I'm wondering is it worth spending more money to get Category 2 seats? Or are 3 and 4 just fine?Thanks for your help!

While you can enjoy the show from most categories, I'd spring for the 2....if you're going to do it, do it right. It's an amazing show!!!! ;)

I would pop for 2, but never 1 or front and center. Those two categories are worse than 2.

Well I think front and center are the best seats (have seen it 3 times from various seats) but I really don't think there are bad seats. It's a fun show.

Join the Cirque Club (it's free). They often offer discount Category 2 tickets. We saw the show with discounted tickets through them and sat in section 204 - PERFECT!!

We enjoyed the cat 3 seats when we went. They were not only great for the show, but good seats to watch the pre-show. :)

I agree that you can enjoy it almost anywhere in that place.

I sprang for Cat 2, but that was a wedding anniversary. I would think 3 and 4 would be fine. I would also advise against sitting too close. You'll be craning your neck for a lot of stuff.

When we went to see Cirque we had category 2 seats. We joined Club Cirque and got discounted tickets but our seats were too close to the stage. We had to look up to see everything that was going on. I would suggest looking at the seating chart and picking a seat in either higher cat 2 or cat 3 seats. Cat 1 seats to me are the worst seats to have. If you want a good view and be able to see the pre show without turning around in your seat get seats above the lower section. Most of the pre show takes place on the walkway between the lower and upper section. Next time we go we are getting higher up seats rather than lower.

Pretty sure the categories have changed over the years. They now offer a "Golden Circle" which is new since we went. I agree with others. The best seats are not the closest. Rows E through H are great. It is a great show and worth a little extra for better seats since some of the show is the expressions on the faces of the performers.

joellydis said:
Hi! Planning on going to Cirque du Soleil this time around. I'm wondering is it worth spending more money to get Category 2 seats? Or are 3 and 4 just fine?Thanks for your help!

Just so you know if you have a disney visa you can currently get 25% off category 2 tickets and 35% off category 3 tickets. It's for select dates. You can find more info here.
http://disneyrewards.com/offers/lanoubafeb13

i have seen the show several times and dont think there is a bad seat in the house.....you will love it

We subscribed to the Cirque Club to get a great deal on cat 2 seats ($53 each). But I couldn't seem to get any seats other than section 101, which was right down by the stage. Here's the trick: Work quickly. Open a bunch of tabs on our computer for the same page. Request the most seats you can in a batch (10 or 11 as I recall). This ties them up for a minute or 2. After you do this a number of times, you'll get to the upper cat 2 sections. I think we were in 203 and the seats were perfect for my arthritic neck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter