Cirque Du soleil

DjdBrit

DIS Veteran
Last year my DH and I celebrated our 11 wedding anniversary, instead of giving gifts we don't really need we promised ourselves tickets to Cirque this year when we visit in Aug.

So this brings me to today, when I am now able to book tickets, we are a family of 5 (technically 3 adults and 2 kids, since the kids will be 11, 8 and 5). I started pricing tickets which range from $607.00 for Front and Center and $348 for Cat 3. Any ideas on where would be good to sit.

My DH saw this before I he either say F & C which I am not paying for or cat 1.... Help!

Category 2 is very good! There's so much to see UP, as well as on the stage, (all at the same time mind you) that I would never spend the money on Category 1 seats. You would have to have your heads tilted back almost all the time or miss a lot...

Personally I prefer seats that face the stage in the centre, not off to the sides.

It's a great show! You will enjoy it and not miss out anything with Category 2 seats!

We saw it last year and it is amazing! We had a Category 2 tickets and the seats were awesome. The theater is not that big, so I don't think there are any bad seats! We really liked our seat and if going again will be getting Category 2 again! Good luck!

We went to the show back in 2008 with our 4 children and purchased cat 1 seats. Although brilliant as they were for this year I have done a little research and understand cat 2 seating in section 204 are as good as long as you get to a row as close to the front of that section as possible.

Last year my DH and I celebrated our 11 wedding anniversary, instead of giving gifts we don't really need we promised ourselves tickets to Cirque this year when we visit in Aug.

So this brings me to today, when I am now able to book tickets, we are a family of 5 (technically 3 adults and 2 kids, since the kids will be 11, 8 and 5). I started pricing tickets which range from $607.00 for Front and Center and $348 for Cat 3. Any ideas on where would be good to sit.

My DH saw this before I he either say F & C which I am not paying for or cat 1.... Help!

We have seen Cirque from both sec 205 and F & C. If you get front row F & C will get possibly picked to get on stage for the bike act (it's the coolest think to happen too). But if you can afford the cost, then it's well worth it. If you do get F & C try to sit close to the top of the section.

Any cat 2 seat would be better for a large family. If you are "kid free" then get the F & C seats.

Here is a photo of the Magical moments certificate that I got after the show.
a875d70b.jpg

So I guess to say what can you afford for your trip.:woohoo:

I was leaning towards Cat 2 seats, which will come in around $430, but everytime I try to book them online it will not give me the section I want. Does this mean I will have to call? Is calling to book even an option?

Love the certificate from going up on stage:) What a great memory:)

I was able to find a phone number on the site and book with a human being. Cat 2 seats are fine...just work with the service rep.

We went in 2006 and had cat 1 seating. Which is great, but I can't believe that there are any bad seats in the theater. Cat 3 are going to farthest away from the stage.

We've done F&C and Cat 2. Both are fine. We did prefer F&C but cost wasn't a concern for us. If I wanted to save a few bucks, I'd be happy in Cat 2.

F&C not only provides you the opportunity to get "volunteered" as my son did, but you can also see the facial expressions on the performers and they would wink at us, etc. From Cat 2, you will not get that but you will have a great view of the entire stage.

We went in 2008 and had cat. 2 seats and it was fantastic. Based on conversations I have had with others and with being in the theatre, I don't believe any seats are "bad" seats. My opinion and advice is that it's a great show and if my choice were the cheapest tickets or not going, I would get the tickets. If cost is a factor, I agree with most of the posters here that Cat. 2 seats are great.

We have sat in both cat. 1 and cat 2. They are 2 different experiences, neither of which is better or worse than the other. The first time we sat in row G right at center stage. It was very intimate and we really got to appreciate everything that was going on on the stage. We didn't really miss too much that was going on elsewhere, but our focus was more on the stage. When we sat father back it gave us a chance to better appreciate everything that was going on as a whole. 2 different cats 2 pretty different perspectives. You can't go wrong. Enjoy. :thumbsup2

I was able to book through the WDW-PLAY number. It was part of a package, but I assume they are able to book them for anyone. I did NOT choose my section/seats - I just requested a category (1), so I'm not sure if you can request a specific section but I certainly think it's worth asking!

We haven't seen it yet at all and I'm super excited - we will probably be there about a week before you in August!

Does anybody know if this show always sells-out both shows every single night?

We'd prefer to do parks every night on our limited trip,
but if we get heavy rain forcast, we'd like to see
CirqueDuSoliel as an excellent indoor alternative.

Is this a workable strategy?

Im presuming I would know, say, 2 days beforehand
whether the weather for our park days was good or bad.

Do they sell only same-day tickets for walk-ups? Any
other info that might be relevant would be appreciated.

thanks,

-djb

We bought our tickets the morning of the show from our service desk from our resort and they had many seats still available. That said, I would imagine on days with heavy rain forecast, they will sell more tickets for the same reason you would buy them at that time.

I'm not sure about walk ups, but from our resort we were able to purchase tickets for that day or for a future date. I don't know if I would give up a day at the parks to see the show if I had a limited visit, but it is well worth seeing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter