cirque du soleil or MVMCP

which one should i pick? cirque or MVMCP

• cirque du soleil

• Mickey's very merry Christmas party

Results are only viewable after voting.

leshunlenese

DIS Veteran
Not considering the price difference, Would you rather spend money and go to MVMCP or go see cirque du soleil? Ive never been to either one.

I was coming here to post this very thing!!! Dd is thinking Cirque, but I want to get opinons of people who have actually done both. I will be watching your thread. :goodvibes

Both are great experiences. Unless you have children who don't sit still, I'd probably pick La Nouba. While not on the same level as the Las Vegas Cirque shows, it's still pretty wonderful.

Everyone will say that we are crazy and it is the best thing on the planet and we just can't appreciate art, et cetera...but my family, extended family and one set of friends who saw it all thought that La Nouba was a giant snoozefest.

I've seen much better shows. I've seen better Cirque shows. Blue Man Group at Uni is much, much better.

So, MVMCP gets my vote even though it isn't all that great these days.

I say MVMCP. You can see Cirque du soleil in just about any major city including atlanta but you can only go to MVMCP at Disney.

It's worth doing MVMCP at least once. You can see Cirque any other time, but can only do MVMCP during the holiday season, therefore, it gets my vote. :santa:

We went 2 years ago on our first trip to La Nouba. My DS was 8 at the time. He loved every second of it!!! He talked about it for months on end. We also did MVMCP where we had a good time but I haven't had a thousand requests to return to that. And as for me, I would love to do both again. Good luck choosing.

being huge Cirq fans( we have seen almost every version except the Vegas ones).. I say Cirque. but again, the mere thought of paying extra just to spend a few late night hours in a park that has some sort of 'theme" like NNSHP or VMCP does not interest us in any way shape or form.

now we don't do Cirq every time, maybe every other time as the show itself doesn't change all that much from year to year but we still would choose that

and the two parties are held every year as well.. so it's not like you will never have the chance to attend if you skip this one.

I voted for Cirque. I enjoy MVMCP, but I find Cirque to be a much better value and a moving performance.

I am going to MVMCP twice in December, but if everybody was game, we would be going to Cirque.

My way of looking at it is this: I can go to the theme parks during the day and for EMH as well, but Cirque is an awesome experience that can only be enjoyed sitting in that theatre. My sister and I liked it so much that we bought the DVD so that we could watch it again and again. :)

I say MVMCP. You can see Cirque du soleil in just about any major city including atlanta but you can only go to MVMCP at Disney.

You can only see La Nouba in Orlando.

I've done both and there is absolutely NO comparison ~ LA NOUBA!

Do you have Netflix? La Nouba, as well as many other Cirque shows are available on DVD through Netflix. Granted, it is not in the least bit the same than seeing it live, but if you have Netflix I would go with the MVMCP. Also, as a PP said, if you have kids that might not be able to sit still, MVMCP might be a better choice.

If you decide to go with La Nouba, the experience is deffinately different depending on where you sit. We once sat 8th row center-stage and it was fantastic. We were able to see what else was happening above the stage as well as feeling very close to the action that took place on stage. The second time we saw it we sat much farther back. It was also a fantastic experience. We were able to appreciate everything as a whole, which you cannot really do when you sit close. When sitting close you aren't really able to appreciate the stage and the sky at the same time, you sort of have to switch back and forth. We didn't feel that one kind of area was any better or worse than sitting in a different area.

Well it looks like my vote made it a 50/50 lol. As said my a PP, La Nouba is always there, but the MVMCP is only for a season. We happen to LOVE the MVMCP (and we're just two young adults with no kids!) It's so Christmasy! The snow on Main Street, the fireworks, the characters all dressed in their holiday attire, the parade the smells and I happen to really love the hot chocolate! We love it:goodvibes It always puts me in a Christmasy mood. Now we also love Cirque, but if you've never done either my vote is for the party. Ultimately you can't really go wrong with either choice! It's all great!:thumbsup2

I hate to vote in your poll because I have never been to MVMCP, although posters here have convinced me not to do it. However, I have seen La Nouba and I have seen Cirques in Vegas and in other cities. La Nouba is still my favorite.

compairing the DVD of cirque to the live show is like compairing a hard boiled egg to a raw one.... sure they are both eggs but they really arn't the same at all i went to cirque bought the dvd and was dissapointed in the dvd compaired to the show I would go cirque any day over MVMCP even my 2 year old daughter was quiet and loved it my 16 year old niece couldn't stop talking about it for months after

I voted MVMCP as what I would do. I love to be outside and on the move when at WDW. I like to enjoy the weather, the crowd, the sights. I think everybody should see a cirque kind of thing once, but once can be enough.

I would go see cirque somewhere else and see MVMCP. JMHO.

If you could swing why not do both :) You only live once!

thanks everyone for your input. it looks like MVMCP won by 2 votes! i think i will go with that just because its only available during december, and i want to try it at least once even though some people say that it is not as good as it use to be. besides, i think ill save cirque for next may:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter