Cinderella's Suite

allisonswonderland

DIS Veteran
Hey Ladies - I noticed last night on the resort board that there were pics of the castle suite- so pretty. Anyway someone posted that their friend was to be married in July at Disney and was staying in the suite for their honeymoon night and paying 12,000 - I was wondering 2 things - if it was any of you and if they were actually renting it out or if it was someone yanking chanins which sometimes happens on those boards... anyway - I think it would be totally cool that they would let brides and grooms rent it or put it in the for a castle wedding as an option(for that price tag it should be included) I was just curious.......:ccat: :tinker: Let me know if you have any scoop!

The way i understand it the castle is not available to anyone in the year of 2007 unless they are YOMD winners. I also have heard that there are no plans to ever rent out the suite. I found this info on allearsnet.com and it is always very reliable information on there.

I saw this on some other site..."Each day, a Walt Disney World computer will randomly select a specific location within a Disney park or at Downtown Disney, and an exact time and number. It might say, for example, that at the main exit from the Plaza Ice Cream Parlor in Magic Kingdom, at 10:06 a.m., the fourth adult who steps out will win. Disney officials would then wait there to give out the prize."

Wow... Thats pricey.. but so cool to rent that room out.. must be beautiful to stay there in the heart of MK

A week or so ago I started a thread on the Dis regarding information that I had dug up regarding the Cinderella Castle Suite: click here. The suite is supposed to be one of the Dream prizes that gets awarded during the Year of a Million Dreams celebration. In my humble opinion, if the suite could be rented out, it would tarnish the premise behind this year’s celebration.

Now, with that being said, I could certainly understand if Disney wanted to auction off a few one-night stays in order to raise money for charity. But I haven’t heard of any such auctions just yet.

We’ll see what the future holds in store for that suite. It sure looked lovely in the photographs and in the video footage.

I just read in an article on the 'net that the couple who won the MK wedding on Valentine's Day will be spending their wedding night in the Cinderella Castle Suite.

Well Janet I thought it was kind of a yanking of the chain - but I just wondered she kept saying my friend my friend blah blah - I asked if maybe she was getting married at the castle (thinking maybe they threw that in I mean with the 500,000+ price tag a stay in the castle should be included but...) then she said she did not know where her friend was getting married - just either at the castle or somewhere but they were spending the night there- so. This bride is to be married in July too btw

But I think it would be a bad idea for them to rent it out this year also - maybe in the future

I have no idea what the answer to that question is, but FYI...when you look at the info about winning a night, it says the value is $500 and something. No clue, but that sort of stuck with us.

HERE's a little info and a couple of photos on the couple who won the wedding contest (on Valentine's Day) from Bride's Magazine.

What a LUCKY couple! :love:

ps...they showed some footage of this lucky couple on ET last night and said they will show some more stuff tonight.

I read in an article online (I posted it on the Disney Wedding Dresses board i think) that said after YOMD that would use the suite for business deals- such as have the famous director or actress they were trying to nail for their next majoy motion picture staying in the suite.

I love AllEars.net too, great website and the information is very good very accurate but Disney will charge premuim dollar for things because THEY CAN. They are Disney. We love them for the Magic, the characters, and the warm fuzzy feeling that we get when Ariel gets her legs from her father, Cinderella's slipper fits, Simba roars for the first time on pride rock, when the Darling children first fly with Peter, the song Wish upon a star playing and see the fireworks over the castle, but they are in fact a corporation. As of now, they aren't going to tell the public what they will use it for.

Using my business sense, I don't see how a corporation would put so much money into restoring the apartment that was meant for the original Walt Disney family for a special promotion would just let it collect dust and never use something that I think, myself included, would just die to spend the night there! Disney has a gem on there hands and I really don't think they business people there are going to let it go to waste.

I'm sure after the YOMD, Cinderella's Suite own't be boarded up

I do agree Cinderella's suite should be reserved for YOMD for 2007. The point of the promotion is to give people a dream they would not get if they had the money. Disney should not use it for anything else for 2007.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter