• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cinderella's Royal Table - is it worth it???

Tink_83

DIS Veteran
Hi, I'm new to DisBoards so I hope I'm posting in the correct place. Anyway, I have a vacation coming up in May and managed to get CRT reservations for 8:20 am the day we are in the MK. We are only going to be going to Disney for 2 days so that will be the only day in the MK. I'm trying to decide if this place is really worth it or if we should do it when my daughter is older (she is 4 1/2 now). Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!!!

If you are never going back then I would keep the reservation. The Castle itself is beautiful. The food is terrible and the price is ridiculous. A 4 1/2 year old will be amazed. I always thought that the kids faces were worth the cost. And being in the Magic Kingdom that early will give you some great photo ops with very few people around.

We've never found the food horrible. To us, it's only average at best. It's expensive, but you are paying for eating inside the castle and the experience. I agree with deakam that it's worth the cost for the kids. If they've never been, they will really enjoy it. CRT should be done at least once in your lifetime while your kids are still young.
Whenever we go to Disney with the kids, we try to make it a point to go here.
However, if it were just me and my wife, no thanks.

I think it's worth it, especially with a 4 1/2 year old. It's a perfect way to start the magic in my eyes.

Don't wait to take your daughter...they grow out of the "princess phase" sooner than you think...she is the perfect age...most girls wear a princess dress of some sort...pack one for her to wear or you could buy her one there (more expensive)...Enjoy!

Hi, I'm new to DisBoards so I hope I'm posting in the correct place. Anyway, I have a vacation coming up in May and managed to get CRT reservations for 8:20 am the day we are in the MK. We are only going to be going to Disney for 2 days so that will be the only day in the MK. I'm trying to decide if this place is really worth it or if we should do it when my daughter is older (she is 4 1/2 now). Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!!!
Welcome.

Wait.

I think that everyone should do CRT once! I mean, how often can you eat in a castle?

Also, your daughter is the perfect age for it.

I'd keep it and enjoy!!

If I had a little girl I would, but my family and I have read so much about how bad the food is we are forgoing it. However, for the little girls it is worth it. To see their faces. We've done Princess meals elsewhere and those were fine and had better food. But none are ina castle.

How old will your daughter be the next time you go back?

I did CRT with my family when my DD was 6.5 and she loved it. By the time she turned 7, she was pretty much over everything princess. We're going back to Disney World next month right before she turns 9 and while I'm still planning to do some princess meet & greets and an Akershus lunch (on the dining plan), she's far more into Star Wars these days.

How old will your daughter be the next time you go back?

I did CRT with my family when my DD was 6.5 and she loved it. By the time she turned 7, she was pretty much over everything princess. We're going back to Disney World next month right before she turns 9 and while I'm still planning to do some princess meet & greets and an Akershus lunch (on the dining plan), she's far more into Star Wars these days.

More then likely we will go next year for a few days. Or certainly within the next two years. My grandparents live in Florida so we try to visit every year and typically tack on a couple of days in Disney, which works for us.

More then likely we will go next year for a few days. Or certainly within the next two years. My grandparents live in Florida so we try to visit every year and typically tack on a couple of days in Disney, which works for us.

I think you could go either way, taking her now at 4.5 or waiting until 5/6. I'm sure she'd love it now, but if you want her to have long lasting memories of it, wait until your next visit. For most kids you're still in the princess phase through kindergarten.

She is at a good age for it. She will love it. You, probably, will not. Overpriced and the food isn't anything special anymore.

We did it when our kids were younger and they still remember how much fun that they had. She will absolutely love it.:cloud9:

For a 4.5 year old I say go for it especially if you were able to snag a reservation! As others have already said, the food is just ok and the price is completely ridiculous but for the look on your daughters face and memories ... it's worth it for sure to do it at least once.

We are doing it next spring for our granddaughters, girls both who will be 5 1/2, and grandson 4. He won't care about it but all the adults want to go so we aren't going to divide and conquer by having someone take him elsewhere. It will be lot$$$ of fun I'm sure!

We brought our older DD twice. Once at 2.5yr and once for her 4th Bday. She loved being in the castle and continued to talk about it, which is why we took her back. But honestly, I cannot justify spending that much money on a meal to say I ate in the castle. My younger DD is about to turn 6 on our trip this June. We are only doing the Bon Voyage breakfast with her. Don't feel the castle is work it.

For a 4.5 year old I say go for it especially if you were able to snag a reservation! As others have already said, the food is just ok and the price is completely ridiculous but for the look on your daughters face and memories ... it's worth it for sure to do it at least once.

I agree, my DD loved the castle at that age, we both still love it! Yes, the memories you make there will make it worth the price tag. The experience of eating in the castle is something you must do at least once.

I disagree that the food is horrible. We have dined there every year for 17 years and have never had a terrible meal. Some were better than others, some were just okay but never as bad as some make it sound. It was actually one of the best meals we had during our 13 day trip last month-and we had over 20 TS meals-many at signatures. It is expensive and I think that is why many seem to hold a grudge against it. You are paying to dine in one of the country's most iconic landmarks-and with princesses. The meal is almost beside the point and even then the food is more than just edible, for the most part.

Your daughter is the perfect age-she will remember it always.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter