Cinderella's Castle

ougrad86

OU Sooners Football Fan!
Years ago, when we first brought DS to WDW (2006), we were able to walk through Cinderella's castle; we came from Fantasyland and walked through the main level to the front. Inside there was a very nice tile mosaics telling the story of Cinderella. I have not seen that mentioned in any of the guidebooks - can you still walk through or do you need a reservation for CRT? Our friends have never seen it and would like to show them, and we haven't checked during our subsequent trips.

I thought I saw a picture a short time ago that seemed to show some people behind the stage, but not sure if you can still walk through and see that?

Right now they are working on the walkway from the hub up to the castle, so you can't walk thru, right now. You can go behind the castle and walk in and see the mosaic.

Even before refurb, it was a hit or miss regarding walking through. The reason is the castle show - the don't want folks walking through the show and all the other stuff that goes with it. You could always see the murals, and I really recommend talking the time to do so. They were designed by Dorthia Redmond and worth spending some time. Also, if you take some time at Cinderella's fountain and look at it at a certain angle, you can see that the crown backdrop is designed so it is just over her head. It makes her look like a princess.

Years ago, when we first brought DS to WDW (2006), we were able to walk through Cinderella's castle; we came from Fantasyland and walked through the main level to the front. Inside there was a very nice tile mosaics telling the story of Cinderella. I have not seen that mentioned in any of the guidebooks - can you still walk through or do you need a reservation for CRT? Our friends have never seen it and would like to show them, and we haven't checked during our subsequent trips.

I thought I saw a picture a short time ago that seemed to show some people behind the stage, but not sure if you can still walk through and see that?

Yes, absolutely still can, except during shows which has always been the case.

You can walk though . Mostly have to rent enter though the back of the castle.

It really is lovely, and honestly, the view of Cinderella Castle from the back is beautiful. I would enter from the rear of the Castle to see the murals, and take time to check out the beauty of the castle from a different vantage point.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter