• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cinderella16&PrinceCharming16's PJ(6/19/09)-Home Wedding - Disneymoon TR UP!!!!

Gorgeous photos Julianne! I am so excited for you!!

I love your ring, Justin did a great job there!

Thanks! I agree he did a very good job, it is exactly what I wanted!!! :goodvibes

Hi Julianne! I love your photos - you two are an adorable couple, and what a beautiful location for the photo shoot. Congratulations and I can't wait to read more :goodvibes
You are too sweet! Thanks for following along!

Congrats Julianne! These PJ are so fun to read! I'm actually in a very similar planning mode. We are getting married at home (in Maryland) on June 20, 2009 and then going on our much anticipated Disneymoon! So it sounds like we will be in the world at the same time!

Enjoy all of the finishing touches (since you have most of the big stuff out of the way already) and I look forward to hearing more about your plans. Next June will be here in a snap!
June will be here so quickly, yesterday I was writing the date and couldn't believe we were in August of 2008 already....2009 will be here sooo soon, we have a lot done, but there is still a ton to do!!! Thanks for following along, maybe we'll see each other on our Disneymoons!! :thumbsup2

Congratulations!!! Your proposal story had me tearing up! And I love the engagement photos!
Hi & thanks for reading...I can't even read about the proposal story without tearing up and it has been over a year! :rotfl:

Hi,

I love your engagement story and the photos are great! My PJ is for a home wedding too so I'm looking forward to seeing your Disney touches. Mine started out as "touches" but is now more like whole chunks, I don't think there's a non-Disneyfied bit!

Just an idea in case you're a bit sad about not having Disney wedding pics like I was. I booked a Florida photographer (Randy Chapman if you're a regular on the wedding boards) and he's meeting us on our honeymoon so I get the Disney shots, just without my dress. We're doing shots at the Grand Floridian so we can have the castle in the background.

Looking forward to reading more and seeing your dress!
XXX
I will definitely have to check out your PJ, I love seeing how other people plan their weddings, it is a bit of an obsession! :rotfl2: That is a great tip about booking a photographer. Since DF and I always get the photopass CD we were going to book a photo session at the GF as well, it is such a pretty place to take pics!!

What a wonderful engagement story! You obviously have a very thoughtful fiancee!
Yeah, he is pretty great, isn't he? thanks for following along! :goodvibes

I had to stop by & say hi. I happened across this link from the June 2009 who is going thread! I think you are on the June 09 Knot boards also with me?! Our wedding is June 6, 2009 and our disneymoon is June 8-12!!! We are excited. DFI has never been & I LOVE disney!! Congrats on the engagment & cant wait to read more!!
As a matter of fact, I am a June 2009 Knottie! What is your knot name? Mine is obviously Cinderella16. I didn't know other knotties knew about the DIS, I am so excited..I cant wait to tell DF, he will just roll his eyes at me he doesnt understand the awesomeness! :rotfl2:

I am addicted to the DIS....I love reading all about the different things on here for an upcoming trip!!! My knotties name is Clintsprincess01. YAY!!! We have exactlly 10 months from today until our wedding!!!:banana:

If you get back to this I want to read along.... to see how great your wedding and trip are! I hope that the fourth graders are treating you well and that you have time to enjoy the wedding planning!

Hi Julianne!:wave2:

Such a sweet engagement story! Looking forward to hearing your wedding plans!! I'm planning a home wedding/disney honeymoon!!

Our wedding ceremony and reception are taking place in a historic Victorian mansion built in 1893. (Hence our theme: A Victorian Fairy Tale) The mansion has been restored and is now rented out for events. They only allow 1 event per day, which is something we are really looking forward to. There are 3 floors and our guests are allowed access throughout the entire house, all evening long.

I always dreamed of having a wedding in something that resembled a castle and the mansion is no exception. Just have a look for yourself.

homephto01.jpg

The moment we laid on eyes on it, we just couldn’t picture getting married anywhere else in our home state.

We felt the venue works great with our fairy tale theme and the ballroom which will host our reception is absolutely breathtaking.

Details

Ceremony – In the Garden (Mansion’s backyard)
homephto04.jpg

IMG_1901.jpg

IMG_1902.jpg

Cocktail Hour – Around the house and grounds
IMG_1875.jpg

IMG_1876.jpg

IMG_1877.jpg

mansion03-1.jpg

IMG_1914.jpg

IMG_1893.jpg

IMG_1894.jpg

IMG_1859.jpg

IMG_1850.jpg

IMG_1846.jpg

Reception – In the Ballroom
IMG_1865.jpg

IMG_1865.jpg

IMG_1860.jpg

IMG_1863.jpg

IMG_1862.jpg

IMG_1861.jpg

THE DRESS

My Dress (which will not be here until March or April) is a Maggie Sottero. It was the second dress I tried on and I couldn’t stop thinking about it. I cannot wait until it comes in!

You will have to click scroll down...JUSTIN GO AWAY!

Maggie-Vogue.jpg

Maggie-VogueBack.jpg

Pictures of me in the sample gown, which was way too huge for me, but it shows the color I ordered it in. Can’t wait to get the one in my size!!!!

DSC00028.jpg

DSC00026.jpg

DSC00025.jpg

DSC00027.jpg
Close up of the beading

DSC00029.jpg

DSC00030.jpg

My Veil (which is longer than I anticipated)

DSC00032.jpg

DSC00033.jpg

My Headpiece – I tried on a few tiaras, and while I love all things Princessy, the look just wasn’t me. What I did LOVE however, was this headband which looks like it came with my dress!

DSC00036.jpg

This is very similar to my headpiece and also how I would love to wear my hair.
ward0298-1.jpg

Bridesmaids & Flower Girl

The Bridesmaid Dresses are Jasmine’s B2 line

6095AB2.jpg

6095Bb2back.jpg

However, this is the color the dress will be and the sash will be ivory...

9032MY.jpg

My niece, who will be nearly 2 years old at the time of the wedding, is our flower girl. This is the dress she will be wearing. It was a gift from me for her birthday.

Camera001.jpg

Camera003.jpg

Camera002.jpg

She is going to look adorable!!! Here is a picture of her and me at her birthday party over the summer.

Camera002-1.jpg

Hey there! It's so great to hear about all your plans! They sound awesome - the venue and the dress is incredible :teeth: You will totally look like a princess!

Wow, I'm speechless looking at that ceremony/reception site!!! Absolutely beautiful! I love all of your other details, too, especially your headband and hair ideas!

I made these up because I couldn't find very good pictures of the flowers we are having. Since roses are my favorite flower, and are timeless and elegant, the choice was simple.

BridalBouquet.jpg

bridesmaids.jpg

Centerpieces.jpg

OtherFlowrs.jpg

MYSHOES.jpg

These are arriving today...I cannot wait to see if they fit!!!

Other News::

I called my bridal shop and my dress is due to arrive in February, not March or April as once suspected!!!!!!!! :banana: :dance3: :yay:

Coming Up Next: Details & Our ADR Plans!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

I am so glad Justin and I made a lot of these decisions early on in the planning process.

Here are some of the details that I think will make our day even more special!

DSC00075.jpg

Our Unity Candle Set (Customized by Me!) Since our ceremony is outside, we also have hurricane vases just in case the wind gets to be too much!

DSC00071.jpg

Our favors--from whiteaisle.com--Will be filled with candy and placed at each seat at the reception.

DSC00069-1.jpg

Our "Advice & Wishes for the Mr. & Mrs." Box, we are doing this instead of a traditonal guestbook. The advice cards will then go in our wedding scrapbook. (Also our vintage looking pen)

DSC00066.jpg

Our cake table letters (Spray Painted by Justin)

DSC00068.jpg

Bubbles for after the ceremony, came already decorated, and worth the extra $1 per box!!!

antiquegold.jpg

DSC00051.jpg
The closed invite

Opened invitation coming soon!

mon.png

Our monogram created by us!

Camera.jpg

Our table names (also DIY and look much better in person) will be words that have to do with fairy tales or convey elegance...such as: enchaning, magical, dreams, wishes, royal, fantasy, charming, grand, radiant, splendid, divine, majestic, noble, elegance, dazzling, sparkling, glimmering, shimmering, exquisite, glamorous

knifegold.jpg

Our Cake Cutting set, which is engraved with our name and date

PM620030magically.jpg

Our Cake Topper!!!!! I love it! :lovestruc

PROD_1041978_LG-1.gif

Shower favors for our garden theme shower

DSC00050.jpg

Placecards for our guests, will also be DIY.

MY FAVORITE DETAIL!!!!

The Mantles - Our venue has 6 fireplace mantles and since we are the only event held there on the day of our wedding, we are able to to decorate the mansion as we wish. DF and I scanned pictures of our families from different generations and then printed them in sepia. We found great antique looking frames from Dollar Tree (LOVE THAT STORE) and we will be putting the frames on display for our guests to look at during cocktail hour. To bring our guests' attention to the mantles we are writing a thank you note inside our place cards (which will be scrolls).

As we make new memories with family and friends,
we hope you will visit each of the mantlepieces,
where we have displayed photos to represent the foundation
of love built in our past and our journey together into our future.
We hope you have a wonderful evening.

I will hopefully post pictures soon.

For our Disneymoon we are staying 8 nights at the Grand Floridian. It will be our first time staying on property, so we figured, we might as well stay in style! :cool2: We are staying in a garden view room.

We can officially make our ADR's on Thursday (yes, Christmas day) so instead of opening presents right away, Justin will be calling Disney Dining to make those ADR's! What a guy! :love:

All the places we have chosen are places we have never tried before.

Day One: Dinner at 50's Prime Time Cafe
Day Two: Dinner at Le Cellier
Day Three: Breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table (I HOPE WE GET THIS, we have been to CRT before, just never for breakfast)
Day Four: Late Dinner at California Grill (hopefully we can watch Wishes)
Day Five: Dinner at Boma
Day Six: Dinner at O'Hana
Day Seven: Dinner at Liberty Tree Tavern

I will let you know how it goes since we will offically know on Thursday!

Great plans so far! The monogram looks great--very professional! And hey, I am also a teacher, from Illinois, and getting married in June; what up :cool1:

Would have been nice to know that the ADR booking window has been indefinitely changed to 90 days rather than the 180 days! I was so excited too! Oh well, we can wait until March.

We also found out that Liberty Tree Tavern is no longer going to be a character dinner...I was sorta excited to see Mickey and the gang.

Ahh too many changes!

Merry Christmas to All!

You're so close!! Everything looks absolutely beautiful! And so professional and elegant!

I can't believe how time has flown - I remember when you weren't engaged and just doing your pre-trippie! And now you're 3 months to go!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter