• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cigars

Lusitana

Earning My Ears
Me, the hubby and our daughter are going on the March 6 sailing. Any idea where my husband can get some cuban cigars? He keeps bugging me.

Thanks

You might be able to pick up some crummy ones in Nassau (tourist trap town ... I wouldn't trust the labels to be honest).

Your best bet is to cuddy up to a Canadian; they are legal there, so you can get them in Canada. Taxes are pretty high on tobacco products in Canada, so expect to pay a bit. But you can get high quality Cubans there that you won't see in the tourist trap towns elsewhere.

The last cubans I had were not very good ... I suspect they were re-labled cheap Dominican or something. That's what I get for only spending $10 each on them.

I visited a cigar "factory" when I was in Cuba and if you saw what I saw you would never let your husband's lips near one of those things.

You CAN get them in Nassau. In a small alley/ mall to the left of port there is a nice little shop. Yes the fake ones are out and about but believe me I bought a box of COHIBAS that are very real and authentic. I still have a few left and I can't wait until the weather breaks so I can go outside and enjoy one in my backyard. Good luck.

You can not buy cuban cigars legally in the US. So, if you find cuban cigars in Key West or any other US port; Buyer beware.

They are likely to be "cuban style" cigars. My Step-Dad smokes cigars (yuk-no offense smokers) and has tried real cuban and cuban "style" from reputable dealers. He says there is really no difference other than the mistique of having something "forbidden" in the US.

LisaCA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter